Next Last
waiting

Whitesboro, NY

#1 Apr 19, 2013
to get into full speed ahead mode
yes

Whitesboro, NY

#2 Apr 9, 2014
it is full speed ahead already. they are picking the all star team.
Little League Parent

New Hartford, NY

#4 Apr 9, 2014
My son plays Little League for Whitestown. Although not as naturally gifted as some of the other players, his hard work and perseverance pay off. These boys play for the love of the game. Why do you have to make something ugly or political out of it?? All Stars are picked fairly. The season is just starting - out of respect for your sons, please stop your nonsense.
wrong

Whitesboro, NY

#5 Apr 10, 2014
Little League Parent wrote:
My son plays Little League for Whitestown. Although not as naturally gifted as some of the other players, his hard work and perseverance pay off. These boys play for the love of the game. Why do you have to make something ugly or political out of it?? All Stars are picked fairly. The season is just starting - out of respect for your sons, please stop your nonsense.
Its posted on the board already
wow

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Apr 11, 2014
half of those kids should not of been picked
lol

Whitesboro, NY

#8 Apr 21, 2014
fairly?
its discussed now
shame

Whitesboro, NY

#9 May 7, 2014
it is
Wboro

Herkimer, NY

#10 May 7, 2014
I coach at Whtb LL. The managers will meet sometime in the near future to vote on All-Star teams. Anyone who says otherwise is:
lying, misinformed, just making trouble, nuts, or has an axe to grind
for some other matter.
hearing

Whitesboro, NY

#11 May 7, 2014
I'm hearing my kid being talked about.. Total rip off.
Was last Saturday after the last game. They were talking right
in front of my wife. No axe to grind. Tell some parents and
assistant coaches (who were in convo) to keep their damn
mouths shut. My wife doesn't have to hear how her son isn't
good enough to be picked.
hey

Whitesboro, NY

#12 May 8, 2014
L better not be on it!!!!!
Wboro

Herkimer, NY

#13 May 8, 2014
hearing wrote:
I'm hearing my kid being talked about.. Total rip off.
Was last Saturday after the last game. They were talking right
in front of my wife. No axe to grind. Tell some parents and
assistant coaches (who were in convo) to keep their damn
mouths shut. My wife doesn't have to hear how her son isn't
good enough to be picked.
Tell her to stop listening to others' conversations, or stay home.
hearing

Whitesboro, NY

#14 May 8, 2014
Wboro wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell her to stop listening to others' conversations, or stay home.
She cant stand in line for some fries? That's all she was doing. About 30
people heard those guys talking
Ex-Coach

Utica, NY

#15 May 8, 2014
Wboro wrote:
I coach at Whtb LL. The managers will meet sometime in the near future to vote on All-Star teams. Anyone who says otherwise is:
lying, misinformed, just making trouble, nuts, or has an axe to grind
for some other matter.
I have coached there in the past and to say they are not currently discussing it is simply untrue. I'm not saying that is a terrible thing because it is supposed to be based on a season's work and if a kid happened to have 2-3 good games in a row, they may be talking that this kid is a legit candidate.

Where the bad comes in is when a kid is massively under performing all year long and yet based on who he is or how he did in the past, is they have pre-determined he should make it and it is very difficult convince other coaches to do the right thing and leave the kid off.
The Dude

Utica, NY

#16 May 8, 2014
You people are all whacked.. Talking about little league baseball in a local public forum.. Y'all ought to be ashamed its metallities like all of yours that's what wrong with society, this generation of every kid gets a ribbon or trophy is degrading , it doesn't reward excellence it makes every kid think they should be an " all star" because mommy and daddy think they should be.. Unreal !!! When I was a kid there were " TRY OUTS" now they just make more room for more kids.. Everyone plays a certain amount of innings etc etc etc, because cry baby parents can't accept that their kid isn't of the same athletic caliber.. I was an excellent ball player growing up, my kid unfortunately didnt have the tools to be an everyday player but he accepted his role on the teams he played for whether it was keeping score or being a base coach... Yall should be encouraging your kids to be good teammates and working towards being a better player, not crying on a public forum creating drama for your kids baseball team... Quit being so petty and pathetic and have some grace and honor it will get yah a hell of a lot farther and your kids will be better for it..
bum

Utica, NY

#17 May 8, 2014
Ex-Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the bad comes in is when a kid is massively under performing all year long and yet based on who he is or how he did in the past, is they have pre-determined he should make it and it is very difficult convince other coaches to do the right thing and leave the kid off.
Yep - there's always going to be that "massively under performing kid" making All Star because his father is the coach. He'll make darn sure he makes it regardless.
bum

Utica, NY

#18 May 8, 2014
The Dude wrote:
You people are all whacked.. Talking about little league baseball in a local public forum.. Y'all ought to be ashamed its metallities like all of yours that's what wrong with society, this generation of every kid gets a ribbon or trophy is degrading , it doesn't reward excellence it makes every kid think they should be an " all star" because mommy and daddy think they should be.. Unreal !!! When I was a kid there were " TRY OUTS" now they just make more room for more kids.. Everyone plays a certain amount of innings etc etc etc, because cry baby parents can't accept that their kid isn't of the same athletic caliber.. I was an excellent ball player growing up, my kid unfortunately didnt have the tools to be an everyday player but he accepted his role on the teams he played for whether it was keeping score or being a base coach... Yall should be encouraging your kids to be good teammates and working towards being a better player, not crying on a public forum creating drama for your kids baseball team... Quit being so petty and pathetic and have some grace and honor it will get yah a hell of a lot farther and your kids will be better for it..
Open your eyes. There are tons of politics in Little League no matter where it is. Coaches already knows who they want in Little League. Yes, there have been instances kids deserve to move up rightfully so. Those are far and few in between. Other times, you will get some idiot parent who kiss up to the coaches during try outs to make sure their kid makes the team. I've seen it happen many times over.
yes

Whitesboro, NY

#19 May 8, 2014
bum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep - there's always going to be that "massively under performing kid" making All Star because his father is the coach. He'll make darn sure he makes it regardless.
Two right now
Wboro

Herkimer, NY

#20 May 8, 2014
hearing wrote:
<quoted text>
She cant stand in line for some fries? That's all she was doing. About 30
people heard those guys talking
Welcome to the real world. Put on your big boy pants and enjoy the ride. Or stay home where everything is cozy.
lol

Whitesboro, NY

#21 May 9, 2014
Big boy pants? lol. that place is a disgrace. You have a guy who thinks he is a seargant running things, certain (not all) crony coaches, that get away with everything. Us parents just go there, grab a dog, have fun and watch the kids have fun. We should not have to hear our kids being mentioned positive or negative before or after games. If I hear ANYONE mention my kids name out in the open saying he isn't any good etc., you will probably get punched in the face, then I will deal with consequences after
General

Utica, NY

#22 May 9, 2014
I think you mean general rather than sergeant lol...but point taken....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mary Hartman Mary Hartman 34 min TV Sucker 3
Pat Collea Poo-Pooed??? 3 hr Cock gobbler 5
Cheaters 3 hr Lol 37
fatazz in walmart on 5/28/16 at 10:00am 3 hr Voyeurism 19
Cornhill bums 5 hr They moved 2
News Understanding the Adirondack Scenic Railroad co... (Mar '14) 5 hr North Country bus... 86
Hotel Utica finally sold ! 5 hr ken 21
Michele Gulla ? 6 hr Hanging in the weeds 36
Kristin Copeland 18 hr get a life 46
Jill Reales hips Sat which Adam are you 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages