Thornberry's Gary Rizzo arrested assault Sullivan

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tim the toolman

Manlius, NY

#1 Dec 12, 2009
http://uticadailynews.com/utica_daily_focus/9...

I guess the love afair is over. Why was Sullivan not a city Hall working?
home boy

Woodbury, CT

#2 Dec 12, 2009
hes a wimp i bet he had it coming,take a beating like a man,wimps call the cops,then make up there own story
JIM

Fayetteville, NY

#3 Dec 12, 2009
hmmm lover's quarrel?
Yeah

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Dec 12, 2009
yeah right? I wonder if he was clocked in during the hours that this occured? I know if 1. I got in a fight during hours I was paid to be working and 2. I was clocked in at work or even supposed to be at work...and was at a restaurant and got in a fight....I would be fired.

How are people like this able to hold public office...the best option for utica is to vote against all these cronys and get people in there that aren't worthless.
Headache

East Syracuse, NY

#5 Dec 12, 2009
Title of article though is funny - "Utica Economic Development Commissioner complained of headache"

Would have thought the headline should at least list something about an assault. Lots of people get headaches....
Observer Dispatch

Cortland, NY

#6 Dec 12, 2009
Why hasn't the OD covered this? It happened during City Hall working hours. It involves a high ranking City Hall official. It took place at an establishment that has benefited from taxpayer financed benefits. It dovetails with the existing storyline that "friends and family" arrangements are the top priority and perhaps the only priority of those involved in the Roefaro administration.
yup

Manlius, NY

#7 Dec 12, 2009
wow
Yeah

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Dec 12, 2009
vote against incumbents...this is what is needed. Get rid of the crooks and liars
Frank Rizzo

Manlius, NY

#9 Dec 12, 2009
No relation.
anonymous

East Syracuse, NY

#10 Dec 12, 2009
Ha, Hold public office. He was a codes commisioner and could read a blueprint to safe his life. No he is pretending he can head another office which requires intelligence. He uses the city printers and letter heads for his personal business, he loans money again to business owners who have already filed for bankruptcy against a previous ERP loan, he holds backroom knightings (haha) and he continually lies to the community. Mark Mojave just wrecked a city car and was forced out of office what does Sir Bobert Sullivan have to do kill someone
BTW

Manlius, NY

#11 Dec 12, 2009
home boy wrote:
hes a wimp i bet he had it coming,take a beating like a man,wimps call the cops,then make up there own story
You hit the nail on the head here!!! LOLLOLLOL
the rainbow room

Ithaca, NY

#12 Dec 12, 2009
bunch of A** pirates putting their business on front street. They should get what they get and shut down this place. Get out while you can cuz if you think it was ugly before wait till Rizzo gets out of jail and wants a piece of Sullivan. Grow a pair of balls and fight like men already! Oh that's right......
ronny

Dryden, NY

#13 Dec 13, 2009
Pure White Trash!
I hate this place

Hatton, ND

#14 Dec 13, 2009
There is so much wrong with this administration. I am not an insider, but know some, so what follows is my reaction to the "staffing" now at City Hall

1. First of all, I have a hunch Sullivan spends a large portion of his weekday hours at his restaurant. But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, because the Mayor is leading funeral processions (and dozens of my buddies have told me this the last year or 2) and his assistant is still getting a small salary while galavanting along promoting Bloomburg's anti-gun program..which is about as popular in the Mohawk Valley as fart in a Quaker Church service.

2. You can't even get a *&^%-ing return call when you ring the mayor's office. Half the time you get a voicemail telling you to punch 4 for the mayor's office. You may get a live person there, or you may get a recording Doesn't matter, they will "lose" your message or not call you back.

3. Morale shits the bed in city hall now. It was good for a while--city workers were pleased Julian and his bipolar personality had left the building. Roefaro seemed pleasant, and often thanked city workers. Now he is turning into the Richard Nixon of Utica--paranoid, ranting and raving about how unfair the media is, because they should be touting the few accomplishments he has had the last two years--many of which, by the way, he had little to do with.

4. Everyone just hates Sullivan--many of the council members and city employees think he is an incompetent doofus. For a while, they had a bright young lady named Pam (forget her last name) who wrote grants and shouldered all of "little Bobby's" workload while he ran Dingleberry's. She got pissed about something and quit, and now Sullivan's department is a jo

5. Angelo is slammed on here a lot. I must say that when he actually is around city hall, he means well, really. Nice kid, and he really does love Utica. But he is not experienced enough to be running the city (which he often is). He would be fine running the youth bureau or being a lower level mayoral aide. He has too much to do, and he can't do any of it very well right now. He may be cut out for more responsibility in a few years. But now he's still pretty green.

6. Roefaro did what sinks so many politicans--he promised Utica the moon in his first State of the City. He said "do this, do that." And because he doesn't have the staff capable of pulling most of it off, a lot of it has not happened. No master plan. No downtown parking garage. No North Utica rennaisance. On each front a few things have happened, but given the likelihood Roefaro is a one termer, the next mayor will come in with a different agenda, and all these projects that urgently needed to come will just be studies collecting mold in the city hall basement.

7. The cronyism is sickeningly unreal. He promised hiring the best people for the best jobs, and instead he hired the same crowd that frequents the Mar-Log and the Chesterfield's and are related to have the guys named Anthony in East Utica. He is mainly interested in pleasing this crowd, while the rest of Utica suffers as a result.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. When he came in, I had a small amount of confidence he could turn things around. Instead, I almost wish Timmy had won another term.
Tim Julian

Manlius, NY

#15 Dec 13, 2009
remeber tins and vote for me in 2011, on day one and both of the sullivans will be history.But I don not think "little Bobby" will last that long.

Now I'm looking now for a tough PSC to pull in our police and fire cheif.

I will be back in 2011.
Joe Johnson

Manlius, NY

#16 Dec 13, 2009
AN OPEN THOUGHT

Dave, Mike has to run again with Hanna. The people love Hanna because he is a true leader.

We told you not to hire Sullivan, you choose him and his sister over our warnings because of your own insecurities.

Now is the time, get rid of him so we have a fighting chance come this fall.
SERIOUSLY

Manlius, NY

#17 Dec 13, 2009
and just to think, they fired everyone that ran Urban Renewal so that Bobby could run it. WHAT A DISCRACE!! Should have kept that old staff, can't get any help now. WE WANT THEM BACK!!! I am a city tax payer and I want the old commissioner and girl back. They don't even care to help you, they act like you are bothering them now. GET WITH IT MAYOR. I am not the only one that thinks this either, several city residence want them back.
JayAre

New York, NY

#18 Dec 13, 2009
hahahaha this restaurant is such a joke i worked there for six months and it was terrible gary rizzo fired me for false accusations of stealing money from under a rock after arguing with my brother who was head chef at the time because he owed him 250 dollars OT and wouldnt pay him and still hasnt payed him that or his last check and this was in august with the way its looking now thronberrys is history and gary rizzo is gonna have a little chat with the LABOR BOARD im very unhappy with the way he treats his employees and rob wasnt ever one to start an argument it was gary who would start them with his idiotic methods of attempting to run a restraunt. it makes me sick to know that this joke of a restraunt is still open when a beautiful well run actual fine dining restraunt like trackside has to close because of bad buisness its unfair.
hahahahahaha

Manlius, NY

#19 Dec 14, 2009
bababababahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Did he get fired yet? I know the mayor won't stand for this, this is wrong. He should have been working, like usual!!!
Long Time Utican

Manlius, NY

#21 Dec 15, 2009
JayAre wrote:
hahahaha this restaurant is such a joke i worked there for six months and it was terrible gary rizzo fired me for false accusations of stealing money from under a rock after arguing with my brother who was head chef at the time because he owed him 250 dollars OT and wouldnt pay him and still hasnt payed him that or his last check and this was in august with the way its looking now thronberrys is history and gary rizzo is gonna have a little chat with the LABOR BOARD im very unhappy with the way he treats his employees and rob wasnt ever one to start an argument it was gary who would start them with his idiotic methods of attempting to run a restraunt. it makes me sick to know that this joke of a restraunt is still open when a beautiful well run actual fine dining restraunt like trackside has to close because of bad buisness its unfair.
I know someone else is calling the Labor Board too - they still owe him over $400 and have not paid him for over 3 months. Wait until the Labor Board goes after these crooks - the Labor Board does NOT play games!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mandi Kline Utica Restaurant Review 6 min Joleen Ferris 5
Weichert real estate 12 min Nailed it 13
how much u give for graduation gift 18 min pale ale 9
Sad day for Utica Schools 35 min To the point 15
Transparency on Hospital Proposal 41 min Transparency Matters 42
FBI stonewalling to cover up their corruption 47 min Getting Very Inte... 4
vacation time 48 min Ciao 18
Old School Bar/Restaurant Culver Ave 2 hr Dink 25
Hobika loses 6 hr louie 30
Craigslist Personals Replacement 20 hr rich 63