First Prev
of 2
Next Last
a little expirement

Utica, NY

#29 Aug 27, 2014
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel bad whoever puts you in charge of anything. Being a "franchise manager" and stating that rates are more expensive during the week as opposed to the weekend is absurd. You're an idiot.
I could stay in the middle of Times Square in a 4-Star for $25 more. Get bent. The only people paying $169 a night to stay in Utica are getting it paid for them.
Do a search for UTICA HOTELS. Yes the $169.00 is a little high, but not by much.
Also, Where in Time square are you staying at a 4 star hotel for less than $200.00?$250.00 if you're lucky! More like $300.00 to $400.00+!!!
Franchise manager

Paterson, NJ

#30 Aug 27, 2014
You're not getting it. I'm not an idiot , your thinking is idiotic. I was trying to make a point in the simplest terms and it was beyond your intellect .
Hotels are opening here to offer services to travelers, not Utica's indigent .

It's negative people like you who don't see opportunity in your own back yard and leave it to out of towners to reap the benefits, and cry foul or political cronyism when they succeed.
Orbitz

Clifton Park, NY

#31 Aug 27, 2014
Franchise manager wrote:
No weekend rates are normally lower than week days . Hampton holiday inn express probably ~$140 for a Thursday Friday .
Well I just tried orbitz again for Tuesday through Thursday of next week and they were even cheaper. What are you smoking?
N Utica

Windsor, CT

#32 Aug 28, 2014
Franchise manager wrote:
You're not getting it. I'm not an idiot , your thinking is idiotic. I was trying to make a point in the simplest terms and it was beyond your intellect .
It's negative people like you who don't see opportunity in your own back yard and leave it to out of towners to reap the benefits, and cry foul or political cronyism when they succeed.
This.
Good Luck

Schenectady, NY

#33 Aug 28, 2014
Franchise manager wrote:
Building a hotel to cater to the "travelers" is about as smart as the people that open pizzerias in East Utica and think they'll be successful too.

There's already 8 hotels within a quarter of a mile that offers what your hotel will, but for a lower cost. Make much sense? Seeing the hotels there now aren't even filling up.

The problem is out of towers think they see an opportunity here to get rich, but know nothing about the area. Good luck with another hotel that you claim will be about $169 a night for a room. Once the armed robberies move into the hotels from the surrounding gas stations, I'm sure the business will continue to boom. Who doesn't love staying in a hotel where they may experience a violent crime during the visit?
buggzda

Lowville, NY

#34 Aug 28, 2014
The chain hotels make their money in the summer when every weekend they are filled to capacity with travelers. They make enough money in the summer season to justify setting up shop here. For the record those hotels don't accept welfare recipients or sex offenders. The only hotels that do are happy journey and super 8
NO WAY

Schenectady, NY

#36 Aug 28, 2014
buggzda wrote:
The chain hotels make their money in the summer when every weekend they are filled to capacity with travelers. They make enough money in the summer season to justify setting up shop here. For the record those hotels don't accept welfare recipients or sex offenders. The only hotels that do are happy journey and super 8
NOT IN UTICA
buggzda

Roslindale, MA

#37 Aug 28, 2014
Oh Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Two things. Utica hotels are never booked to capacity except for possibly the night before the shittermaker and then there's still rooms available and secondly when was the last time you booked a hotel and they did a welfare or sex offender search on you?
First of all genius my wife works the front desk at one of those hotels and from may through August every weekend they are full and that goes for all the hotels because sometimes she has to find people rooms as they are overbooked. As far as checking in you must have a credit card.
Orbitz

Clifton Park, NY

#38 Aug 28, 2014
buggzda wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all genius my wife works the front desk at one of those hotels and from may through August every weekend they are full and that goes for all the hotels because sometimes she has to find people rooms as they are overbooked. As far as checking in you must have a credit card.
Orbitz seems to disagree with your statement.
Franchise manager

Roslindale, MA

#39 Aug 28, 2014
No hotel runs at 100% occupancy. They sell a certain percentage of their capacity to online booking sites at a discount rate. In a Utica size say , there might be 4-5 rooms available at the discounted rate. When booking thru an online site your not getting reward credits and other throw ins . Upgrades etc. To some travelers that's not important, to others it is because they travel to other cities that may have higher rates and get discounted for there loyalty thru reward programs.

If you were to look at a high end hotel. Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, Pierre etc. The rates you see for them online are the same as you would from calling those hotels directly, online maybe even higher. The reason is that online brokers commit to those rooms, whether the sell them or not. And the above mentioned hotels occupancy rate is very high. 80% or better.

Online booking sites are not a true measure of the average rate a hotel property charges per stay because the occupancy model in chain hotels almost always leaves rooms unoccupied. It cost almost the same to have an empty room as an occupied one. So the chains sell the slack of rooms to a broker at discount and get paid regardless if the room is sold online or not.
Lol

Clifton Park, NY

#40 Aug 28, 2014
Orbitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Orbitz seems to disagree with your statement.
Yeah ok. Lol!
easy to bee blind

Utica, NY

#41 Aug 31, 2014
the local non big name motels DO house newly released ex Cons from the local prisons. its a Scottish thing. get your heads out of your azzes taxpayers. go spend a WHOLE week at the county building and see for yourselves at what goes on there and who shows up. that's all i am going to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whats Angella Allesandro story? (May '10) 20 min PigAngie 16
Mega gf 20 min Bombshell 48
Anyone Seen Michelle Anderson? 1 hr Stay away 6
Dyke on a Byke 2 hr clad 2
Donnie Jr calls off the Secret Service 2 hr Ivania and Melanka 11
new sheriff and undersheriff (Dec '10) 2 hr Farce 11
Frank Pelli wrong for North Utica again taken d... 2 hr msmaed 44
Slocum Urgent Care 2 hr The game 39

Utica Jobs

More from around the web