N.Y. Police: Armed Soldier Escapes Military Custody

Sep 16, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox News

Police in central New York are searching for an armed 20-year-old soldier who escaped military custody at Fort Drum and led police on a multi-county car chase.

Comments
21 - 24 of 24 Comments Last updated Jan 2, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WW resident

Schodack Landing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Judged:

People around West Winfield, certainly hope he gets the help he needs.. Most people around see him as a scared kid..We pray for him an his family.. We also are so happy that he surrendered.. take care an encourage him to seek help.. thats all he needs is help..he has many many people want to see this..
Jim Charles wrote:
Look, this is my nephew. About two years ago he was all excited about going to some Christian summer camp. He likes cats and he likes to ride a dirtbike and four wheeler in the woods. Small animals come right up to him and adore him.
The press is trying to make him out to be Rambo. I worked as a police beat reporter for over ten years, I know how that goes.
The reality is that he spent three months in Afghanistan and he got shot at and he nearly got blown up. You know, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is not something that only affects Vietnam Vets.
Yes, he made a serious mistake. Yes he showed some poor judgement. 20 year olds are apt to do that. We, his family just hope and pray that he will realize how far out of hand this has gotten and will turn himself in, before he or somebody else gets seriously hurt.
This is a good young man. He served his country bravely and proudly in a COMBAT UNIT where it was 120 degrees in the daytime. He had bullet holes in one of his uniforms. NOT ONCE did he complain about the conditions or the danger.
When he was younger he did struggle with depression and it seems like after he got back to the US that what he went through in Afghanistan has caused that struggle to get the best of him.
I love him very much. Please remember he is my nephew and he is not some animal or mad dog. He is just a very young man, who was a very good combat unit soldier who has gotten into some trouble that has gotten out of hand. He could be your nephew or your brother or your son too. Please pray for him.
Jim Charles
Logan West Virginia
common sense!

Friendship, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Jim Charles wrote:
Look, this is my nephew. About two years ago he was all excited about going to some Christian summer camp. He likes cats and he likes to ride a dirtbike and four wheeler in the woods. Small animals come right up to him and adore him.
The press is trying to make him out to be Rambo. I worked as a police beat reporter for over ten years, I know how that goes.
The reality is that he spent three months in Afghanistan and he got shot at and he nearly got blown up. You know, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is not something that only affects Vietnam Vets.
Yes, he made a serious mistake. Yes he showed some poor judgement. 20 year olds are apt to do that. We, his family just hope and pray that he will realize how far out of hand this has gotten and will turn himself in, before he or somebody else gets seriously hurt.
This is a good young man. He served his country bravely and proudly in a COMBAT UNIT where it was 120 degrees in the daytime. He had bullet holes in one of his uniforms. NOT ONCE did he complain about the conditions or the danger.
When he was younger he did struggle with depression and it seems like after he got back to the US that what he went through in Afghanistan has caused that struggle to get the best of him.
I love him very much. Please remember he is my nephew and he is not some animal or mad dog. He is just a very young man, who was a very good combat unit soldier who has gotten into some trouble that has gotten out of hand. He could be your nephew or your brother or your son too. Please pray for him.
Jim Charles
Logan West Virginia
Very well said! People automatically think the worst of him from what the press writes. They always make the story bigger than it really is.
hero

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

If this young man was in combat, then this is in no way his fault. Every person reacts to combat differently. To force men into life and death situations and think they will be minless robots is a disgrace.

Lets put Obama in one instead of siting around on vacation using our money and stealing the rest of to hand away. He couldn't handle 5 mins.

Hope he gets out of the country.
hero

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shamrock Lady wrote:
I hope that he keeps a clear head and realizes where this could go and just turns him self in and comes out without a tragedy happening.
Post your address, then dress in camouflage, I will shoot at you for a few hours while you run around dodging bullets, then lets see how your mind handles it.
IDIOT.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

258 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
us writes jews a big check 4 min Predictable 5
Rumors JV Basketball coach to apply for Var. po... 9 min Impending fun 7
WIBX Bill Keeler-Uh-Thon! 12 min Plate Death 30
If Cuomo steps down over Moreland then what for... 17 min Rich 44
Who is Elisa Rios? 34 min BobbyO1967 13
jaks in barneveld 38 min buttmuncher 13
Bruce Karam 38 min Jim 7
riggie hates the life he has been dealt 52 min bobby lies and riggies 35
aau basketball 1 hr Heather knows 38