Comments
41 - 60 of 111 Comments Last updated Monday
WorriedSick

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

mogwai wrote:
Bad product, my dog was so messed up after applying this medicine, took weeks for her to recover.
I am on day 6 of my dog being sick from this poison. PLEASE tell me how long it took for your dog to be back to normal. She is still wagging her tail funny, overly concerned with her hind area, very sleepy... and generally sad. She has gotten a LOT better... but she is definitely still ill from it.
Ace

Mountain Top, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Pets suffer from allergies from medications just like humans. We have a lab that is allergic to Frontline and Advantx, as well as products that contain chicken, she receives the Simple Guard with no problems. Talk to your vet about issues that occur from any product as you never now how these things will effect your pet.
I didnt stutter

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Marsha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you speak that way to people whose dogs had serious reactions to this medicine? Who's the "dumb ass" ? My dog is sick right now after an application of Simple Guard last night...won't walk, is shaking, and the vet is not open yet. It's Sunday. That's why I'm reading these blogs. Your insensitivity is astounding!
I SAID YOU ALL SOUND LIKE DUMB ASSES!!! If the product "doesn't work" or if your having an "allergy" call the manufacture and make them pay for treatment!!! CANT YOU READ A FUCKING BOX!?!?!?!!! And I am anything BUT insensitive honey just because your so quick to blame the "new product" DOESNOT mean that's what's causing the problem. Not a single one of my dogs (Presa canario, Great Dane, pitbull, or pointer) have had a reaction. My friends dogs (yorkie, schnauzer, shi tzu ect) have had a single reaction EVER. I bet 9 out if 10 of you people probably got shots done at the sane time this stuff was applied. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your pet was experiencing a vaccine reaction?? UHHH PROBABLY NOT!! GET YOUR HEADS OUT YOUR ASSES AND PAY ATTENTION.
WorriedSick

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Feb 28, 2013
 
I didnt stutter wrote:
<quoted text>
I SAID YOU ALL SOUND LIKE DUMB ASSES!!! If the product "doesn't work" or if your having an "allergy" call the manufacture and make them pay for treatment!!! CANT YOU READ A FUCKING BOX!?!?!?!!! And I am anything BUT insensitive honey just because your so quick to blame the "new product" DOESNOT mean that's what's causing the problem. Not a single one of my dogs (Presa canario, Great Dane, pitbull, or pointer) have had a reaction. My friends dogs (yorkie, schnauzer, shi tzu ect) have had a single reaction EVER. I bet 9 out if 10 of you people probably got shots done at the sane time this stuff was applied. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your pet was experiencing a vaccine reaction?? UHHH PROBABLY NOT!! GET YOUR HEADS OUT YOUR ASSES AND PAY ATTENTION.
Wow! You really didn't have to respond to that lady above in that way. Why are you so angry?? My dog did NOT have shots or any other medication. It WAS the Simple Guard.
Alien in the elevator

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Feb 28, 2013
 
I didnt stutter wrote:
<quoted text>
I SAID YOU ALL SOUND LIKE DUMB ASSES!!! If the product "doesn't work" or if your having an "allergy" call the manufacture and make them pay for treatment!!! CANT YOU READ A FUCKING BOX!?!?!?!!! And I am anything BUT insensitive honey just because your so quick to blame the "new product" DOESNOT mean that's what's causing the problem. Not a single one of my dogs (Presa canario, Great Dane, pitbull, or pointer) have had a reaction. My friends dogs (yorkie, schnauzer, shi tzu ect) have had a single reaction EVER. I bet 9 out if 10 of you people probably got shots done at the sane time this stuff was applied. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your pet was experiencing a vaccine reaction?? UHHH PROBABLY NOT!! GET YOUR HEADS OUT YOUR ASSES AND PAY ATTENTION.
Thanks for that, Dave Morgan. I aughta take that box and shove it up you fu$kin noses.
silence

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Mar 5, 2013
 
I didnt stutter wrote:
<quoted text>I SAID YOU ALL SOUND LIKE DUMB ASSES!!! If the product "doesn't work" or if your having an "allergy" call the manufacture and make them pay for treatment!!! CANT YOU READ A FUCKING BOX!?!?!?!!! And I am anything BUT insensitive honey just because your so quick to blame the "new product" DOESNOT mean that's what's causing the problem. Not a single one of my dogs (Presa canario, Great Dane, pitbull, or pointer) have had a reaction. My friends dogs (yorkie, schnauzer, shi tzu ect) have had a single reaction EVER. I bet 9 out if 10 of you people probably got shots done at the sane time this stuff was applied. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your pet was experiencing a vaccine reaction?? UHHH PROBABLY NOT!! GET YOUR HEADS OUT YOUR ASSES AND PAY ATTENTION.
Lets test it on you , you idiot! My dog has hasn't ever had any reactions to anything until simple guard 3 which I believe almost killed him. Took him moths to recover and he doesn't walk the same now.
Heather

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Mar 17, 2013
 
I used simple guard 3 on my two yorkies under 20 pounds and a day later i noticed they became restless and irritated. Even to the point where they were rolling on their backs, trying to scratch the application site. I immediately googled simple guard 3 and came across these reviews. Bathed my dogs twice each in dawn mixed with their regular dog shampoo. They are still itchy and twitch. Horrible product. It's poison for your dog. It's suppose to damage the nerves of the fleas but can also harm the nerves of your dogs. Hence the comments about not being able to walk and dragging hind legs. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU LOVE YOUR DOGS. For sure switching to something natural like apple cider vinegar. Heard it works, if not will keep looking for other natural methods.
MiracleDrug

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Mar 18, 2013
 
I used simple guard 3 and my dog started using toilet paper the right way and sneezed into her arm instead of her paw, its like a box of transformers ate her lunch

I swere its mirable.
Utica34

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Mar 20, 2013
 
Yankee wrote:
Sounds like you might have overdosed.
Glad your dog is okay now.
The infection's are growing and mom need thousands in medical treatment. Just the masks alone are hundreds a day from the stench, if only we had real brains.
Carole

Chichester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Apr 2, 2013
 
Jess wrote:
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences! I have to say though that I've been using Simple Guard 3 for both my dogs for about a year now and they have never had any problems (they're both tiny too- 12 and 8lbs). My guess is that it's the same as any other medication- some people/dogs can have adverse reactions or allergies to meds that others can take without any problems. That being said, it's always a good idea to test just a tiny bit of a topical product the first time you give it to your dog, just to be sure he/she doesn't have any reactions.
Amazing. I have a Sheltie that is very sensitive to things and the first time I was told to switch to Simple Guard 3 from my vet she had fleas. My vet said the weather in TN was so bad at the start of the season a lot of pets had them. I kept using it and have not had a bit of trouble with this new product. My vet even offered to swap it for another treatment if I was not happy. I have started using it again this year.
Carole

Chichester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Apr 2, 2013
 
I was advised by my vet to switch to Simple Guard 3 last year. My dog had not had fleas and had them after one use. I called the vet and was advised that many pets were having them at the beginning of the season last year in TN because of the mild weather. I agreed to try it another month and my vet told me I could bring it in and exchange it for another product if I was not happy with it. I am starting it again this year without a problem. This is used on a Sheltie with very sensitive skin problems and she has never had a reaction to it.
WorriedSick

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Apr 2, 2013
 
Carole wrote:
I was advised by my vet to switch to Simple Guard 3 last year. My dog had not had fleas and had them after one use. I called the vet and was advised that many pets were having them at the beginning of the season last year in TN because of the mild weather. I agreed to try it another month and my vet told me I could bring it in and exchange it for another product if I was not happy with it. I am starting it again this year without a problem. This is used on a Sheltie with very sensitive skin problems and she has never had a reaction to it.
Good for you and your dog. That was not the case for the rest of us. Will NEVER EVER EVER EVER use that stuff again..... period. Your comment almost sounds like you work for VCA Squire Animal Hospital, makers of Simple Guard. Hmmmmmm....
vettech

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Apr 6, 2013
 
Some pets are more susceptible to certain drugs. A percentage of pets having a reaction to the product doesn't mean the product is bad just that it's not the product for that individual pet. My own 14 year old small dog has used simple guard in combination with trifexis for 2 years and has had no ill effects. She has a history of seizures and allergies prior to her first application. Consider human reaction and tolerances to medications. I cannot take most medications that cause drowsiness as my body has a profound response. I was once in a coma for a week after being prescribed just such a medication. My mother was given the same drug and required three times the dose I was given. I outweighed her by nearly 50 lbs!!!. It's not the drug merely the body's tolerance to it. While your pets discomfort is unfortunate your pet is simply part of that small percentage of pets that had a reaction. No more and no less. Your vet did nothing wrong and no fault can be placed on the manufacturer. Celebrate that your pet didn't suffef a much more severe reaction and try another VET APPROVED product. Hartz, pet armour and any other product like this sold at walmart or the like is more harmful than the simpleguard. You're better off doing nothing about fleas over that stuff!
miami res

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Apr 6, 2013
 
vettech wrote:
Some pets are more susceptible to certain drugs. A percentage of pets having a reaction to the product doesn't mean the product is bad just that it's not the product for that individual pet. My own 14 year old small dog has used simple guard in combination with trifexis for 2 years and has had no ill effects. She has a history of seizures and allergies prior to her first application. Consider human reaction and tolerances to medications. I cannot take most medications that cause drowsiness as my body has a profound response. I was once in a coma for a week after being prescribed just such a medication. My mother was given the same drug and required three times the dose I was given. I outweighed her by nearly 50 lbs!!!. It's not the drug merely the body's tolerance to it. While your pets discomfort is unfortunate your pet is simply part of that small percentage of pets that had a reaction. No more and no less. Your vet did nothing wrong and no fault can be placed on the manufacturer. Celebrate that your pet didn't suffef a much more severe reaction and try another VET APPROVED product. Hartz, pet armour and any other product like this sold at walmart or the like is more harmful than the simpleguard. You're better off doing nothing about fleas over that stuff!
My aunt has been a vet for years however I don't live near her so I take my animals to a vca hospital. They pushed simple guard 3 even though my dog has been on frontline for years. I agreed because of the praise that this vet gave the product. Let me tell you that my dog suffered, and probably almost died and probably would have if I had given it to her at night like the vet tech told me to do. I don't think that this is normal reaction, and my dear vet tech who posted before me. If my dog died, you bet your buns that I would be after that company for murder. Don't say that blame can't be put on the makers and backers of simple guard. Their product is obviously flawed and not balanced for every dog and yet they sell it to all dogs. My aunt who is a vet also agrees that the product is flawed. My other gripe is that there is no warning, I was told that she may be a bit uncomfortable, if puking having seizures, limping, unable to walk, back legs dragging for weeks is considered uncomfortable then I obviously speak a different language than a vca hospital.
SadinOK

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Apr 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I wish I would have thought to read this last week. I had a 14 year old Cairn Terrier who was using Frontline. I have another 7 year old Cairn Terrier who was started on Simple Guard 3 when we got her a year ago. Since the 7yo had no issues with the Simple Guard and since it was cheaper, I decided to put the 14yo on the Simple Guard as well. I gave him his first dose 10 days ago. 36 hours later, he was panting, vocalizing, and walking with a pronounced defect in his hind legs. I took him to the vet when these symptoms persisted for more than 8 hours. Since he was 14 and diabetic, I assumed his condition was related to the diabetes and never even considered a reaction to the Simple Guard. After being seen by 3 different vets, and a stay in the hospital, we euthanized him. Knowing what I know now, I realize that decision was premature. Still, I take issue with the company and those of you defending it. Yes, reactions to medications can and do occur, just like in humans. However, the FDA requires ALL potential reactions to medication be provided on the medication label. Simple Guard labels do not reflect any of the side effects of this medication. Furthermore, with reactions this severe, the medication should not be given without veterinary supervision, in my opinion. I plan to file a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Group, and any other agency that will listen to my concerns. I doubt I can take legal action since my oversight in not telling the vet about starting the simple guard contributed to this tragic event, and I accept full responsibility for that. My vet is also in the VCA family...I plan on having a lengthy conversation with him tomorrow.
WorriedSick

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Apr 21, 2013
 
SadinOK wrote:
I wish I would have thought to read this last week. I had a 14 year old Cairn Terrier who was using Frontline. I have another 7 year old Cairn Terrier who was started on Simple Guard 3 when we got her a year ago. Since the 7yo had no issues with the Simple Guard and since it was cheaper, I decided to put the 14yo on the Simple Guard as well. I gave him his first dose 10 days ago. 36 hours later, he was panting, vocalizing, and walking with a pronounced defect in his hind legs. I took him to the vet when these symptoms persisted for more than 8 hours. Since he was 14 and diabetic, I assumed his condition was related to the diabetes and never even considered a reaction to the Simple Guard. After being seen by 3 different vets, and a stay in the hospital, we euthanized him. Knowing what I know now, I realize that decision was premature. Still, I take issue with the company and those of you defending it. Yes, reactions to medications can and do occur, just like in humans. However, the FDA requires ALL potential reactions to medication be provided on the medication label. Simple Guard labels do not reflect any of the side effects of this medication. Furthermore, with reactions this severe, the medication should not be given without veterinary supervision, in my opinion. I plan to file a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Group, and any other agency that will listen to my concerns. I doubt I can take legal action since my oversight in not telling the vet about starting the simple guard contributed to this tragic event, and I accept full responsibility for that. My vet is also in the VCA family...I plan on having a lengthy conversation with him tomorrow.
I am so sad reading your story :-(
He would have gotten better after all of the suffering. I know that you had no idea what was happening to him but it was definitely a premature decision to euthanize him. So sad! The vet could have prescribed a muscle relaxant to calm him, and then you would have to help your dog out with massages and love. I DO THINK That you can bring suit against VCA. I WOULD.. and I threatened to!! It was their products' fault! TRUST ME when I say that they will eventually be pulled from the market. The complaints are mounting. The only problem is that the vets at VCA and the consumers are many times not putting 2 and 2 together to figure out that it IS IN FACT that product. I RAISED HELL when I figured it out the 2nd time around!! My VCA hospital called me a couple of weeks ago to ask me for help on another dog that came in going through the Simple Guard "poisoning" (as far as I am concerned) because I had brought my dog through it. Isn't that funny!! Sue!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Apr 21, 2013
 
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with Frontline is their formula has lost its patent, others can now use their formula. Word is that they are watering it down now to increase profits. Last year i had a terrible flea infestation and i used frontline every 30 days on both my dogs.
Frontline has quit working for me too. Your explanation would explain why my dog never gets comfort from fleas. Frontline used to work great. I'm looking for something new.

My Vet just gave me SimpleGuard 3. I aplied it about an hor ago, then went on line and read the posts!! I am watching both dogs carefully. Will post if something happens.
GOOD

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Apr 21, 2013
 
Dawn clean your dogs with dawn it kills and repels fleas your welcome
SadinOK

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Apr 21, 2013
 
WorriedSick wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sad reading your story :-(
He would have gotten better after all of the suffering. I know that you had no idea what was happening to him but it was definitely a premature decision to euthanize him. So sad! The vet could have prescribed a muscle relaxant to calm him, and then you would have to help your dog out with massages and love. I DO THINK That you can bring suit against VCA. I WOULD.. and I threatened to!! It was their products' fault! TRUST ME when I say that they will eventually be pulled from the market. The complaints are mounting. The only problem is that the vets at VCA and the consumers are many times not putting 2 and 2 together to figure out that it IS IN FACT that product. I RAISED HELL when I figured it out the 2nd time around!! My VCA hospital called me a couple of weeks ago to ask me for help on another dog that came in going through the Simple Guard "poisoning" (as far as I am concerned) because I had brought my dog through it. Isn't that funny!! Sue!!!!!!!!!!
What I didn't mention was that my vet gave him a shot of morphine, put him on a steroid, muscle relaxants and pain medication. None of these helped. At the animal hospital, they also gave him a powerful slow acting morphine derivative and sedative. Finally, they admitted him and put him on a morphine drip. None of this helped! This is why we made our decision. I can't tell you how painful it is to know that a solution as simple as a bath and "weathering the storm" may have saved his life. I'm not sure where all this will lead, but I am just now starting to figure out what happened and what I should do next. thanks for the kind words.
Nan Lucky

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I didnt stutter wrote:
<quoted text>
I SAID YOU ALL SOUND LIKE DUMB ASSES!!! If the product "doesn't work" or if your having an "allergy" call the manufacture and make them pay for treatment!!! CANT YOU READ A FUCKING BOX!?!?!?!!! And I am anything BUT insensitive honey just because your so quick to blame the "new product" DOESNOT mean that's what's causing the problem. Not a single one of my dogs (Presa canario, Great Dane, pitbull, or pointer) have had a reaction. My friends dogs (yorkie, schnauzer, shi tzu ect) have had a single reaction EVER. I bet 9 out if 10 of you people probably got shots done at the sane time this stuff was applied. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your pet was experiencing a vaccine reaction?? UHHH PROBABLY NOT!! GET YOUR HEADS OUT YOUR ASSES AND PAY ATTENTION.
No need for the language you used. Tells alot about you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica & Oneida County's Hotel Scam 9 min Eye Spy 12
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 10 min positronium 6,400
Mike Brown - Who Cares 13 min Jeezus 11
huge "cameltoe" walking around Utica! 14 min toe guy 2
Winters. Coming 38 min King Andrew of Al... 3
line cooks? 53 min angelbaby 1
Wegmans on the move 1 hr Get your facts st... 7
utica aud 2 hr Thanks Again 97
How is Scott Alger connected to Kim Simon's mur... (Jan '14) 4 hr killer walked 41
half moon cookies origin (Oct '11) 11 hr Dr Answer 22
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 23 hr Supporter 66

Search the Utica Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••