Eagle Hill Dog Kennel

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MyDogRox

Parrish, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Warning to any animal lovers out there who board their dogs at Eagle Hill right off the NYS Thruway. My family has been boarding our beloved pets there for years...they would give us a pick-up time and our pets would smell wonderful, like they just had a bath...BUT...one weekend we came back unannounced, walked in and the owner was completely shocked and said he would go in the back to retrieve our dog. I insisted on following- he gave me a bit of a hard time- but I went and came across my dog standing in about a foot of his own feces. The other animals in cages had feces all over their cages as if they had been stuffed in the crate and left to suffer. These people only care about the $$$, stuff your dog in a small crate and take them out right before you are scheduled to return and give the dog a bath because they leave them to suffer in their own shit.

My sister is also enrolled in the BOCES Animal Services program- her instructor went to Eagle Hill to work out an internship slot so a student could shadow the workers and get a feel for that part of taking care of an animal in a kennel and they turned her away...the owner actually got extremely defensive and chased her out refusing to allow students to shadow there...skettttchy!

DON'T BRING YOUR PETS THERE!!!
Kerry

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

MyDogRox wrote:
Warning to any animal lovers out there who board their dogs at Eagle Hill right off the NYS Thruway. My family has been boarding our beloved pets there for years...they would give us a pick-up time and our pets would smell wonderful, like they just had a bath...BUT...one weekend we came back unannounced, walked in and the owner was completely shocked and said he would go in the back to retrieve our dog. I insisted on following- he gave me a bit of a hard time- but I went and came across my dog standing in about a foot of his own feces. The other animals in cages had feces all over their cages as if they had been stuffed in the crate and left to suffer. These people only care about the $$$, stuff your dog in a small crate and take them out right before you are scheduled to return and give the dog a bath because they leave them to suffer in their own shit.
My sister is also enrolled in the BOCES Animal Services program- her instructor went to Eagle Hill to work out an internship slot so a student could shadow the workers and get a feel for that part of taking care of an animal in a kennel and they turned her away...the owner actually got extremely defensive and chased her out refusing to allow students to shadow there...skettttchy!
DON'T BRING YOUR PETS THERE!!!
they are a little weird there. I pulled in and parked in front and they got all mad. Said please park to the right blah blah blah. Put some parking lines in and people will know where to park.
Yep

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

2

I took my dog there twice. Both times that I picked him up, he REEKED of urine. I also dont care for a place that wont let you see where they board the dogs. The wife owner is also not a very nice person. I would suggest to pet owners out there to never board your animals there. At least Dr Mondi lets you see the boarding area, and his staff is nice when you call.
Good Luck

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 4, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

I boarded my dogs there and the first thing I had to do was bathe them when I got home. They reeked. They charged me double to "play with them" The woman there is RUDE RUDE RUDE. I went there years ago with another pet and it was great. These people are horrible. They let a friends dog die and were heartless when notiying them. I will never go there again and no one else should either.
Friend of Fido

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 4, 2012
 
Yep wrote:
I took my dog there twice. Both times that I picked him up, he REEKED of urine. I also dont care for a place that wont let you see where they board the dogs. The wife owner is also not a very nice person. I would suggest to pet owners out there to never board your animals there. At least Dr Mondi lets you see the boarding area, and his staff is nice when you call.
I still can't forget the time a dog who was being boarded at Dr Mondi's escaped and ran all over Washington Mills. May have even been killed. I know Eagle Hill was very good many years ago, am sorry to hear these current reports but glad I did because I won't use them now. Is there any GOOD place to board a pet in the area?
Lost sleep over this

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 5, 2012
 
MyDogRox wrote:
Warning to any animal lovers out there who board their dogs at Eagle Hill right off the NYS Thruway. My family has been boarding our beloved pets there for years...they would give us a pick-up time and our pets would smell wonderful, like they just had a bath...BUT...one weekend we came back unannounced, walked in and the owner was completely shocked and said he would go in the back to retrieve our dog. I insisted on following- he gave me a bit of a hard time- but I went and came across my dog standing in about a foot of his own feces. The other animals in cages had feces all over their cages as if they had been stuffed in the crate and left to suffer. These people only care about the $$$, stuff your dog in a small crate and take them out right before you are scheduled to return and give the dog a bath because they leave them to suffer in their own shit.
My sister is also enrolled in the BOCES Animal Services program- her instructor went to Eagle Hill to work out an internship slot so a student could shadow the workers and get a feel for that part of taking care of an animal in a kennel and they turned her away...the owner actually got extremely defensive and chased her out refusing to allow students to shadow there...skettttchy!
DON'T BRING YOUR PETS THERE!!!
I lost sleep over this post!! My dog is 12 and we've been bringing him there since he was a puppy...We also brought our first dog there many many years ago under different owners. But....the past few years I have been a bit skeptical because of a few things that didn't make sense to me, but went back because they knew my dog and he knew them. But your post clarifies things I never got answers to. The last time we picked him up they said they had to clean him up & wash his bed because he had an accident on his bed. They became very defensive when I questioned it because my dog would never do that on his bed, but I took them at their word. The time before that I had to cut the fur off my dog's butt area because there was dried poop caked on it (sorry for tmi) I also ended up at the vet a few times after being kenneled because of intestinal upset. The vet said he probably had separation anxiety :( Now I wonder why???? I always paid extra for play time and would call during my vacation to check on him. Now I am questioning everything and it makes me sick to think that my beloved dog may have been mistreated by people I trusted and paid to take care of him!! I will NEVER go back there! As everything happens for a reason, I was at my vet recently and checked out Waterville Animal Resort. We were welcomed right in to see the kennel area unannounced, it was bright, clean, and the people were friendly and said we could come back any time to check it out!!! That's where my dog will be going from now on.
Lab owner

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 5, 2012
 
I take my dog to Paw Prints in Frankfort. They show you everything and are good to the dogs. Nothing suspicious going on there.
So sad

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 5, 2012
 
That is just awful.....sorry you had to go through something like that! I would be just as mad and upset...our pets are like family....just sad :(
Eagle Hill

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 6, 2012
 
We have taken our Dogs to various Kennel's and Eagle hill is the only one where they jump out of the car, and are happy to be there. Works for me.
Just Think

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Eagle Hill wrote:
We have taken our Dogs to various Kennel's and Eagle hill is the only one where they jump out of the car, and are happy to be there. Works for me.
Are you sure they ae not trying to run away so they don't have to go inside? The place is a disgrace. They are surviving on the previous owner's reputation.
yep

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 6, 2012
 
I hear the Waterville Kennel is amazing! That woman at Waterville is rude and unkind. My dog also came back from there with stomach distress and also had peed so bad on his bed. It was soaked on the inside, but the top surface had dried. They are uncaring and are a disgrace!
teddy

Penn Yan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 6, 2012
 
it's sad to say that anywhere you leave your dog, you never know what they do to them. We used to bring our dog to Brandykeg kennel in Frankfort (now closed - owner retired) That place was great, she even brought our dog in her house one time because he was crying. She is missed, and there is no place that will ever come close to the care that place gave the dogs. That place was also clean as a whistle! She sent oout Christmas cards to all her customers attn: the dog's name.
teddy

Penn Yan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 6, 2012
 
Lab owner wrote:
I take my dog to Paw Prints in Frankfort. They show you everything and are good to the dogs. Nothing suspicious going on there.
where is this place?
Mayhem Like Me

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 6, 2012
 
Well, someone call the authorities or TV station, they'll do an expose' on it. They'll show up and ask to see the back kennels, if they are refused it's a sure sign of bad doing. Get the place closed down and owner banned from ever operating another one.
Marcy

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 6, 2012
 
How about Holland Kennels?
Wondering

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 7, 2012
 
yep wrote:
I hear the Waterville Kennel is amazing! That woman at Waterville is rude and unkind. My dog also came back from there with stomach distress and also had peed so bad on his bed. It was soaked on the inside, but the top surface had dried. They are uncaring and are a disgrace!
I am confused. You say Waterville is amazing but your dog came home with stomach distress? Did you mean eagle hill (rude, distress)?
yep

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 7, 2012
 
Yes! Sorry. To rephrase my confusing post, Waterville is awesome, Eagle Hill sucks.
Amanda

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 8, 2012
 
I brought my beloved Old English Sheepdog years ago to Eagle Hill and she came back with bad kennel cought, smelling badly and with fleas. They were awful there. Another bad kennel is Downy on Utica Road in Clinton. Holland Kennels were good to my beagle. New Hartford animal Hospital does have dogs escape not only outside but inside the kennels.
Pets Rule

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 8, 2012
 
Take your pets to Waterville.....both the clinic and kennel are the best around. I worked there some time ago....you won't find more compassionate people to care for your pets
abc

Cleveland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 9, 2012
 
poster 20...I agree..Waterville...simply the best

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

177 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Boilermaker: UticaLoser Special Olympics! 12 min Cretin is Riggie 6
Boilermaker 13 min UNHINGED RIGCRETIN 42
Whats Right With Utica 14 min Duded up 40
Fat asses in boilermaker 15 min well 1
Utica safe schools (Dec '13) 17 min Over Easy 12
Whitesboro Vs Clifton Park (Jun '13) 33 min Revrider 161
Bad weather for boilermaker. 35 min WOW 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••