Hotel Utica avoids foreclosure with new tax payment plan

Oct 25, 2010 Full story: WKTV - News - Local 14

UTICA, N.Y. - The City of Utica Comptroller's Office entered into a Delinquent Tax Payment Plan with Hotel Utica on Monday, thus averting the upcoming eminent foreclosure and the taking of the hotel for non-payment of delinquent taxes owed to the city since 2009.

Full Story

Since: Jul 10

Saint Johnsville, NY

#1 Oct 25, 2010
Doesn't the OD and WKTV have anything else to report. The hotel is one of the best things we have in the city. The media and the people in the Mohawk Valley should support it instead of knocking the place.

Level 2

Since: May 10

Utica, NY

#2 Oct 25, 2010
Support them, I did many times they dont pay their taxes,and I will not support them, they burdon every other taxpayer F them
sandy

Syracuse, NY

#3 Oct 26, 2010
genop wrote:
Doesn't the OD and WKTV have anything else to report. The hotel is one of the best things we have in the city. The media and the people in the Mohawk Valley should support it instead of knocking the place.
like the boston store, taking our hard earned money and allowing it to used like toilet paper
TaxPayer

Utica, NY

#4 Oct 26, 2010
Now I hope Utica and Oneida county does this with everyone who is behind on their payments, same deal!
Hardworker

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 26, 2010
As an employee of Hotel Utica I am glad they paid the taxes. I need my job. Not much around here in Utica for people with only a high school education or GED. Thank you Mr. Gaetano for helping me to feed my family. By the way this job helps me pay my taxes
cicero

Cortland, NY

#6 Oct 26, 2010
the city should have received more he was willing to pay $150,000 when he brought in the check before and then he walked,,, this was on his terms not the citys a new law adopted by the city in 2005 required him to pay off the most recent liens first, according to Comptrollerís Office employees. Mayor David Roefaro said he has spoken with hotel owner Charles N. Gaetano and was told the taxes would be paid, read this story http://www.uticaod.com/archive/x549835921/Hot... oh yeah check out this story with the comptroller and the owners of the hotel utica
cicero

Cortland, NY

#7 Oct 26, 2010
oh yeah check out this story with the comptroller and the owners of the hotel utica http://www.uticaod.com/archive/x57966759/Comp... this guy is making millions off the city
cicero

Cortland, NY

#8 Oct 26, 2010
he was the guy who is in question with the growest
Hardworker

Utica, NY

#9 Oct 29, 2010
cicero....what does this have to do with the hotel?
Truth Dig

Cortland, NY

#10 Oct 29, 2010
Wow.
Sorry

Utica, NY

#11 Nov 1, 2010
Hate to burst your bubble cicero but the hotel guy is not the growest guy...You really need to research before your post...
Friend

Rochester, NY

#12 Nov 1, 2010
TaxPayer wrote:
Now I hope Utica and Oneida county does this with everyone who is behind on their payments, same deal!
Nope
Taken my property even though I offered more then 3/4's down and asked for 15 extra days to pay beyond the deadline.

County Auction this Nov 18th. They didn't want to hear a thing unless I was paying in full.

I guess I have to be a business in this area to get any type of breaks. Yeah I got behind and everything but in todays economy you'd think there would be some leeway here.

Not if you are a Individual though.

So screw Oneida County, Screw the State and Screw Utica. Keep driving people out and there won't be anyone around to go to the businesses that they keep letting walk all over them.
JIM

Manlius, NY

#13 Nov 1, 2010
hotel utica is a great place..THE family that owns it r great 2
Charles Gaetano

Clifton Park, NY

#14 Aug 18, 2014
genop wrote:
Thank you very much for your support. I can't believe that some people out there actually believe I should pay the mortgage or taxes on a building I own. How dare them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just Another NanoStudy 3 min Gaggy 6
Glenn Beck Sucks (Aug '10) 4 min Ben Gleck 10,985
dodge THE TECH QUESTIONS VILE ]\[lGGER UNEDUCAT... 5 min sure 5
listen to the teachers whining 10 min Truth 82
smacking LIPS EBOLA STD STROKE RATE ]\[lGGERS F... 13 min koonhill 7
wow PHILADELPHIA MOST DISGUSTING ]\[lGGER CRIME... 17 min koonhill 14
How's the Arterial Project coming along? 19 min You Dont Say 2
AHL Worldwide 35 min Gone 26
How to defeat the police licence plate readers: (Jul '10) 5 hr SoThere 175
summit.com girl 10 hr iknowcelecki 16