NH Library Clowns
Titus Maccius Plautus

Whitesboro, NY

#1 Apr 20, 2013
Watch the video of the last New Hartford Library Board meeting. Board Trustees Mary DuRoss and Connie Stephens were shocked, horrified and angry that fellow Library Trustee Ed Flemma would dare to suggest that the Library should have a job Description for a Library Director. Unbelievable.

They about had a heart attack when Mr. Flemma dared to suggest to save money that they share services with other libraries. Not New Hartford!!
Most of these Library trustees should resign and the Town Board should clean house.

http://newhartfordnyonline.blogspot.com/
Spartan

Gouverneur, NY

#2 Apr 20, 2013
I see Ed and his girlfriend Kathy are up. Good morning.
Titus Maccius Plautus

Whitesboro, NY

#3 Apr 20, 2013
Sorry to burst your bubble but there are other people in New Hartford besides Kathy and Ed who are tired of the clowning around in New Hartford. New Trustee Ed Flemma only tried to give a common sense suggestion of having a job description before you look for a new library director. What's his reward for trying to do the right thing? He got blasted by the same small minded silliness that marks New Hartford Politics. He did look bad, but the rest of them need to resign.
Observer

Herkimer, NY

#4 Apr 20, 2013
If Norman Lear attended one of these meetings, he would make the NH Library into a top tv sitcom. It has all of the ingredients, with the one problem: you could never duplicate the characters; they would have to play themselves.
You people are sooooo entertaining because you take yourselves so seriously.
Wow

Manlius, NY

#5 Apr 20, 2013
Wow!! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. One word, unbelievable... Now I understand why a previous new Libraty board member must have left. The town of New Hartford needs to reconsider funding levels for this Library unless change is observed. Until more of the old "guard" either becomes open to change or is replaced it appears nothing will change...

I also found this of interest:
http://midhudson.org/directors_handbook.pdf

A concerned and saddened New Hartford citizen.
NH taxed payer

Herkimer, NY

#6 Apr 20, 2013
Observer wrote:
If Norman Lear attended one of these meetings, he would make the NH Library into a top tv sitcom. It has all of the ingredients, with the one problem: you could never duplicate the characters; they would have to play themselves.
You people are sooooo entertaining because you take yourselves so seriously.
I would be laughing if it weren't for my taxes.
Looky here

Herkimer, NY

#7 Apr 20, 2013
Why do these entrenched people think they are entitled to their 'positions'?
They act like they are royalty and need to be shown otherwise.
Hmm

Manlius, NY

#8 Apr 20, 2013
Why are minutes for New Hartford Public Library Board of Trustees meetings not posted on the NH Library website?

http://www.newhartfordpubliclibrary.org/trust...

The last minutes posted are from May of 2012...
http://www.newhartfordpubliclibrary.org/2012M...

Isn't this a requirement of a public library?
Literary Reader

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 20, 2013
We should all be thankful for Mr. Flemma's insight into his concerns over how to operate a library.
Mr. Flemma was diplomatic in his request for thinking outside the box, however, Trustees' Stephens and DuRoss attempted to silence him.
Thank you Mr. Flemma and continue the good work. This library needs more forward thinking members like yourself.
Out with the old and in with the new!
Titus Maccius Plautus

Whitesboro, NY

#10 Apr 20, 2013
The minutes are not posted because the final minutes are often very different from what really happened at the meeting. That way the Trustees can retro actively make the minutes reflect the outcomes they desire.
Hmm

Manlius, NY

#11 Apr 20, 2013
Titus Maccius Plautus wrote:
The minutes are not posted because the final minutes are often very different from what really happened at the meeting. That way the Trustees can retro actively make the minutes reflect the outcomes they desire.
This library board brings up more questions than I can find answers for...

So are they in violation of their own bylaws by not posting minutes?
Do they post their bylaws anywhere?
Are previous minutes read at the start of each meeting and accepted by the board?
Do these meetings follow Robert's Rules of Order?

Titus Maccius Plautus

Whitesboro, NY

#12 Apr 20, 2013
The answer to all of your questions is: NO.

The New Hartford Library Board of Trustees makes up their own rules as they go. To think, this same group of people wanted a million dollars from us, EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

They can't manage what they have.
Jack Apples

Saranac Lake, NY

#13 Apr 20, 2013
The DuRoss and Stephens broads are a couple of spoiled rich women who probably like to boss people around because they have money.

They think it's impressive that they DO have money. Who the hell cares. This is typical NH stupidity.

Most people dont give 2 craps what happens in NH schools, town politics, or the library. It's just these pampered people that seem to want to run and ruin everything and have it run THEIR way or no way at all.
Titus Maccius Plautus

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Apr 21, 2013
Well in this area it is impressive that DuRoss, Stephens and Romano do have money. For that reason alone we should listen to them. After all, they are the elite of New Hartford

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrea Carcone 17 min joe 5
What Can you tell me about Amanda LoGalbo (Jul '16) 19 min Ralph 8
Is New Hartford a good place to live? 42 min JimThePig 22
Petitions to extend mayor terms 42 min Utica 17
Saranac 48 min Spencer Mirgan 6
Some NH People Are Gamey 50 min JimThePig 2
Best car dealer to lease a vehicle 53 min NOMoreRobsUs 6
Computer Aided Design (CAD) 2 hr Lunitic jim 28
Usmail-Electric-SCAM Company BUSTED by STATE AU... 5 hr HELLO DUNCE FAILURE 133
Comets - another gets fired 6 hr GUTLESS SEEWOMEN ... 116