WKTV how desperate
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

Canastota, NY

#1 Feb 8, 2010
Can't they find more suitable women to do this job?Jill should wear longer jackets to hid those thunder thighs, never professional looking. Emma is truly a disaster. Get some color in your face girl! She needs to fix those turned down lips. Both of them have the worst voices I've ever heard.SCRATCHY!!! Get rid of these bimbos and hire talented professionals with some class.
Start Thinking

Jamesville, NY

#3 Feb 8, 2010
Unfortunately that is what you get when you have a class C TV station. You might think this is a large city, but not for media. It's a one horse town, and therefor you get what you get. What in this market would pay more than they are for advertising ect. to pay for better ?

The stations staffing is a result of all that and more. Obviously most probably with their first on air jobs or retired from somewhere. Their cost crunching results in playing of taped news from previous casts, and sometimes even the same show. I've seen sports shows that were on the night before. I inquired once as to why they didn't cover a large news story, and was told the news people cme in at 8 AM.

Try the channel 5 news from Syracuse. Just be ready for the Weatherguy that thinks he is better than the world. Even the Utica people respect their appearance. And don't try to use some voice from God knows where.

“SoFunnyAt420”

Level 4

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 8, 2010
any news source is still better than the OD.
Hard to watch

Syracuse, NY

#5 Feb 8, 2010
concerned wrote:
Can't they find more suitable women to do this job?Jill should wear longer jackets to hid those thunder thighs, never professional looking. Emma is truly a disaster. Get some color in your face girl! She needs to fix those turned down lips. Both of them have the worst voices I've ever heard.SCRATCHY!!! Get rid of these bimbos and hire talented professionals with some class.
With all due respect, I have to add to the above. I remember when watching WKTV was not a chore.

Jill is cute and I'm sure a nice girl but her robotic motions and high pitched voice are a distraction.

Emma also has a high pitched voice and I find myself turning away. She could be a pretty girl but needs a make over. Too pasty looking, eyes exaggerated and mouth as well.

Shipman is also probably a nice guy but he has to lose that "read the news to me" and report professionally.

The latest addition, Mike Levin, is impossible to watch and worse to listen to. He looks like a stuffed sausage in his jackets. He elevates his voice, goes up and down, tries to sound like the network announcers but it is annoying. I try to avoid his faces, especially the one at the end of the broadcast where he twists up his whole face and nods his head.

I think Jolene is professional as are the male weathermen. I also like the newsman that just got married.

Bill Worden needs to retire his goofy shirt, tie combinations. Simple black or dark blue suit, white shirt and nice ties would do it.

Hope the criticism is constructive but I doubt if any of it is taken seriously.

Utica, oh Utica, what has happened to this beautiful city?

We have produced the likes of Dick Clark, Rudy's wife, Bill Cerri who started in radio while in Proctor, ended up in DC, known all over the world and his brother Dick did well too.

They had beautiful voices, pronounced names correctly and we could be proud of their contributions.

Seems everytime we get someone decent, they leave.

You get what you pay for. Maybe WKTV should dig a little deeper in their pockets and stop treating us like goofs who don't know any better.
Same problem

Syracuse, NY

#6 Feb 8, 2010
SoFunnyAt420 wrote:
any news source is still better than the OD.
They have the same problem as WKTV. They pay for kids.
I remember when they had investigative reporters and went out to kill people Donna didn't like.

You never see a city payroll, school district payroll with consultants, expose on anything.

OD needs a change in management. That's why no one buys the paper.
really

Long Eddy, NY

#7 Feb 8, 2010
Get a life and let them do their jobs you morons.
Huh

Jamesville, NY

#8 Feb 8, 2010
really wrote:
Get a life and let them do their jobs you morons.
They won't have a job without us. We are their paychecks.
whatever

Fayetteville, NY

#9 Feb 8, 2010
yeah, i bet you look like a real prize fatass. how much do you weigh now, 400 lbs? do you have a job yet? let the people do their jobs. i'm sure they don't anonymously criticize you on topix. get a freaking life.
Hard to watch wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, I have to add to the above. I remember when watching WKTV was not a chore.
Jill is cute and I'm sure a nice girl but her robotic motions and high pitched voice are a distraction.
Emma also has a high pitched voice and I find myself turning away. She could be a pretty girl but needs a make over. Too pasty looking, eyes exaggerated and mouth as well.
Shipman is also probably a nice guy but he has to lose that "read the news to me" and report professionally.
The latest addition, Mike Levin, is impossible to watch and worse to listen to. He looks like a stuffed sausage in his jackets. He elevates his voice, goes up and down, tries to sound like the network announcers but it is annoying. I try to avoid his faces, especially the one at the end of the broadcast where he twists up his whole face and nods his head.
I think Jolene is professional as are the male weathermen. I also like the newsman that just got married.
Bill Worden needs to retire his goofy shirt, tie combinations. Simple black or dark blue suit, white shirt and nice ties would do it.
Hope the criticism is constructive but I doubt if any of it is taken seriously.
Utica, oh Utica, what has happened to this beautiful city?
We have produced the likes of Dick Clark, Rudy's wife, Bill Cerri who started in radio while in Proctor, ended up in DC, known all over the world and his brother Dick did well too.
They had beautiful voices, pronounced names correctly and we could be proud of their contributions.
Seems everytime we get someone decent, they leave.
You get what you pay for. Maybe WKTV should dig a little deeper in their pockets and stop treating us like goofs who don't know any better.
nish

Harrisville, NY

#10 Feb 8, 2010
I would like to be the first to wish Bill Worden a happy 90th birthday. Happy birthday Bill!
gofornicateyours elf

Ithaca, NY

#11 Feb 8, 2010
Please, wktv if you read this, and I doubt you do, change the morning show. These two are painful to watch and I often change to channel 10 or channel 3 just because these two are so unprofessional.

I watch the local news to get local news. It is evident that Shipman enjoys the "411" celebrity gossip segment far more than anything else. Perhaps he would be better suited for a show like Access Hollywood...or not be on television.

Meghan is tolerable at best. Her and Shipman are not a good compliment to each other. From what it looks like, Koskovich does try to report and take it seriously, while Shipman is a giggly tenneager.

WKTV should first try to move Shipman to another slot, like 3:00 AM on a Friday night.
Long Time Utican

Manlius, NY

#12 Feb 8, 2010
In my opinion, WKTV should fire "Emma". There is something about her face that I find gross, and she comes across so phoney in the way she reports.

No matter what makeup she uses, she is beyond any "make over". She chose the wrong career for herself and anyone watching WKTV is paying dearly in just watching her.
The deal

East Syracuse, NY

#13 Feb 8, 2010
Two things. Jill is petite and does not have big thighs. Sadly there is no hope for Emma...she has the perfect face for radio.
Mofo

Utica, NY

#14 Feb 8, 2010
Boston Ventures is killing the station. They are not going to pump any big money into such a dead market. I'm amazed they actually went HD! They are so desperate for cash that they are holding out on Time Warner in hopes TW will pay for the HD signal.
MR UTICA

Miami, FL

#15 Feb 8, 2010
WHO DATT???
HAY IS THE RAT IN HEIR ????
UpNorth

Buffalo, NY

#19 Feb 9, 2010
I wonder how Donnieboy felt this morning when Megan was taliking about a MUG Club event and she mentioned that "this would be a great gift for you guys to buy for your WOMEN" for Valentines Day!!!!!
Poor Twink

New York, NY

#20 Feb 9, 2010
UpNorth wrote:
I wonder how Donnieboy felt this morning when Megan was taliking about a MUG Club event and she mentioned that "this would be a great gift for you guys to buy for your WOMEN" for Valentines Day!!!!!
I caught that, way to go Megan. I'll bet Donnie the Twink threw a hissy fit off camera after that comment. "Oh silly Megan, how could you, you Girl"
Matt

Dallas, TX

#21 Feb 9, 2010
Megan Koskovitch. (.)(.)
MATTHATER

New Hartford, NY

#22 Feb 9, 2010
Matt wrote:
Megan Koskovitch.(.)(.)
Does she know you're homeless?
IKNOWS

New Hartford, NY

#23 Feb 9, 2010
Long Time Utican wrote:
In my opinion, WKTV should fire "Emma". There is something about her face that I find gross, and she comes across so phoney in the way she reports.
No matter what makeup she uses, she is beyond any "make over". She chose the wrong career for herself and anyone watching WKTV is paying dearly in just watching her.
You should be so ASHAMED of yourself for posting this. Honey, take a look in the mirror and while you're at it check out your rear trailer.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#24 Feb 9, 2010
concerned wrote:
I think you would be the perfect candidate for a job at the station, you could run the whole place and make sure everyone meets your high standards,,the sooner you apply the better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
attn SPINELESS TABER SLOB PUNK WELFARE COWARD 2 min Billy Molester Wh... 11
should I GET GOLD TEETH OR PLATED TEETH 3 min Billy Molester Wh... 87
How many "Nano Factories" in Utica? 3 min QUAKE 1 IQ 115
Oh SH1T! CLAUDIA TENNEY WINS NY22 PRIMARY BIG T... 4 min Billy Molester Wh... 40
Carbone 5 min QUAKE 1 IQ 47
Utica Club sign 5 min I dont live here 18
Utica No-Tekk Vs AFRICA! ALL THEY CAN THINK OF! 5 min Pathetic Utica Bo... 1
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 19 min Rob WOMAN YELLO E... 89
rob esche getting divorced 41 min Rob WOMAN YELLO E... 60

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages