Who murdered Helena Garramone?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hughes school

Hadley, MA

#1 Jul 30, 2012
I was at the corner of James and Oneida today and I was began to think about Helena as she was killed in the big yellow house that burned down. Did the person who did it get caught? How much time did they get???
abc

Ithaca, NY

#2 Jul 31, 2012
Hughes school wrote:
I was at the corner of James and Oneida today and I was began to think about Helena as she was killed in the big yellow house that burned down. Did the person who did it get caught? How much time did they get???
when did this happen??
huh

Herkimer, NY

#3 Jul 31, 2012
I was just thinking about that a month ago, how weird is that? I thought her name was Shirley, however, not Helena? I can't find anything online about it...
ron

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 31, 2012
Her name was Helena. I thought she was murdered by her boyfriend, who was caught. Was this around 1994 or 1995? I knew her; she was a very nice person.
Hughes school

United States

#5 Jul 31, 2012
ron wrote:
Her name was Helena. I thought she was murdered by her boyfriend, who was caught. Was this around 1994 or 1995? I knew her; she was a very nice person.
yes and then the house burned down in 97ish. She was a nice person-went to Hughes and ufa with her. Wonder how much time her murderer got????
Hughes school

United States

#6 Jul 31, 2012
ron wrote:
good for the family to know we have not forgotten her. Nor have we forgotten Sandra Galligano(sp?).
Barb

Wethersfield, CT

#7 Jun 13, 2013
Hughes school wrote:
<quoted text> good for the family to know we have not forgotten her. Nor have we forgotten Sandra Galligano(sp?).
Helen was killed June 19th 1994 by her father in law...he confessed a couple days later and is serving 25 to life for 2nd degree murder...He has now served 19 of those years. I think of her almost daily since she was and is my best friend and miss her very much. Her dad has been fighting cancer for last few years and may soon join the daughter he misses very much. I will let the family know she is still thought and cared for....thank you all.
Ufa

Selkirk, NY

#8 Jun 13, 2013
Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Helen was killed June 19th 1994 by her father in law...he confessed a couple days later and is serving 25 to life for 2nd degree murder...He has now served 19 of those years. I think of her almost daily since she was and is my best friend and miss her very much. Her dad has been fighting cancer for last few years and may soon join the daughter he misses very much. I will let the family know she is still thought and cared for....thank you all.
why did he do it? Did she refuse his advances or something?
Barb

Windsor, CT

#9 Jun 13, 2013
Ufa wrote:
<quoted text> why did he do it? Did she refuse his advances or something?
He refused to give his motive...but obsessed was one theory.

Level 7

Since: Apr 13

New Hartford, NY

#10 Jun 14, 2013
I tried to find it on the internet but had no luck. Who was her husband. I would think I would have remenbered this but I don't.
Barb

Windsor, CT

#11 Jun 21, 2013
The FIrst from lainey wrote:
I tried to find it on the internet but had no luck. Who was her husband. I would think I would have remenbered this but I don't.
Her husbands name was William Mcclusky, but her father in law was his step father, and the day I forgave him...I forgot his name and now want to remember, but can't find it any where.

Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#12 Jun 23, 2013
Thanks for the info. If I ever get information, I will forward to you and you can forward any new info that you get
To me.
Barb

Woburn, MA

#13 Oct 19, 2013
I went and did a little research...the name of the man found guilty of Helen's murder is Duane Houghmaster and his parole hearing is suppose to be in February 2014 and could be out by June 2014. I can only pray that he has asked forgiveness from God for taking the life of someone that has meant so much to so many...I miss Helena every day.
Barb

East Hartford, CT

#14 Oct 21, 2013
snopper wrote:
Thanks for the info. If I ever get information, I will forward to you and you can forward any new info that you get
To me.
I went and did a little research...the name of the man found guilty of Helen's murder is Duane Houghmaster and his parole hearing is suppose to be in February 2014 and could be out by June 2014. I can only pray that he has asked forgiveness from God for taking the life of someone that has meant so much to so many...I miss Helena every day.
Heather

Syracuse, NY

#15 Jan 18, 2014
Helena was one of the nicest people. I was shocked to learn she was killed. Sick ppl in this world
Barb

Windham, NY

#16 Jan 24, 2014
Heather wrote:
Helena was one of the nicest people. I was shocked to learn she was killed. Sick ppl in this world
Sick is the key work....my heart only aches because no one seems to know why he killed her...lust, greed, anger, no on knows...I have forgiven him for his crime and one day I will see her again, but whether he gets out this year will be up to a parole board. I miss her much, but she has watched over us all these years for that I am so very greatful
eastutica1975

United States

#17 Feb 17, 2014
She was using him for his money , he spent alot of his award moneyfrom ss on her , they were even condoms down in the basement. It was not her father in law ,he was not married when this happen. They got married in the county jail after it happen. It does'nt really matter she gone.
David S

Utica, NY

#18 Feb 17, 2014
eastutica1975 wrote:
She was using him for his money , he spent alot of his award moneyfrom ss on her , they were even condoms down in the basement. It was not her father in law ,he was not married when this happen. They got married in the county jail after it happen. It does'nt really matter she gone.
I knew Helena for years. I seriously doubt she was using somebody for money.
Curious

Utica, NY

#19 Feb 18, 2014
What class year at UFA?
Mr Utica

Gouverneur, NY

#20 May 13, 2014
Duane was her mother-in-laws boyfriend. Duane followed Helena home from her job at the library and sexually assaulted her before he murdered her. She was separated from her husband, William McClusky at the time of this happening! Word on the street is that William has suffered for the last twenty years since her death; he loved her! The mother-in-law lives in Fort Myers, Florida; she should rot in hell for all she has done throughout the years. Duane's motive was Helena's life insurance policy that was worth $100,000.00. That was a ton of money back in the day! How Duane was going to orchestrate being the beneficiary of her life insurance policy is a question only he can answer. Maybe the drunk mother-in-law can tell you. Maybe she had something to do with all of this; she abused her children when they were growing up. She lived in the bars with her husband and those children had to fend for themselves. She gave them alcohol instead of milk; she was a neglectful woman. If Duane Houghmaster gets out of jail for this crime; it will be an atrocity! Someone needs to go to these parole hearings so that he never, ever gets out - EVER!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's Bob Roberts 2 min fraudster 11
SERIOUS MISCONDUCT revealied in Oneida County! 3 min Jim Martin Design... 7
Is Liz Salerno dating her dad? 12 min Chris Cagney 44
Work On Aud Improvements 13 min Looking Great 285
Trump used Russian dressing on his salad 43 min LMB 16
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 45 min Scotts Smirk Slapped 649
FBI Probes Clifton Park Developer 45 min The City Of Riggies 3
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 2 hr Struck Nerve 30
any famous people living currently in utica? (Dec '08) 4 hr Mickey 435
Was Brooks forced out 5 hr Stan Jackson 231