Elect Don Backman New Hartford Town S...
Here is a Clue

United States

#81 Sep 6, 2013
Concerned in Willowvale wrote:
<quoted text>
So that all Tyksinski has left to try to win re-election: ridicule the appearance of his opponent.
People have a right to expect the town to protect their homes from the flooding every year. Especially Tyksisnki's created the flooding problems with his over development. Instead of using the Storm Water funds as it was intended Tyksisnki instead diverts it to pay for multi-millionaire Larry Adler's $600,000 exit ramp of Judd Road. So Adler gets his road and the residents of Chadwicks, Washington Mills and New York Mills get ignored and get flooded, year after year. Tyksinski doesn't take care of anyone but but Larry Adler. Sorry to tell you but its time to give Don Backman a try.
If you don't want your home flooded year after year, don't live next to a creek for christ sake!
okay Ed

Pulaski, NY

#82 Sep 6, 2013
Larry and Linda own Pat wrote:
So Tyksinki diverts $600,000 in Storm Water repairs away from Chadwicks and Washington Mills and instead build Larry Adler a nice access road into his business park. In turn Larry Adler donates to Tyksinski's re-election campaign.
Tyksinki over looks Linda Romano's disastrous library mis-management. In turn Linda Romano donates to Tyksinski's re-election campaign.
The New Hartford Friends and Family Plan at its best!
Show us where there was $600,000 earmarked for Chadwicks stormwater that "got diverted" to Adler.

If Backman's saying he's going to go into the creek and start digging to alleviate the problem-be wary because the creek is controlled by the DEC and if he orders a dig, the DEC will fine the town. He has no choice but to work with the DEC like every supervisor before him--at the DEC's pace.

As for the library-Backman cannot dismiss the library board nor can he arbitrarily eliminate funding. Again, he'll have to work with what's there and it may not go well for him.

As for the Willowvale FD, since Backman got back on the board, he's tried to illegally require the entire town taxpayer's to pay for the pension system that the Willowvale FD gets from its fire district. Although it's a shame that Willowale's fire district payers pay 3x the rate the rest of the fire districts do, it's not something he can pass along to the entire town--but he keeps spewing that nonsense.

Backman is nothing more than a puppet mouthpiece for the likes of Wiatr, Lawrence and Humphreys.

Humphreys didn't run for a second term, because he knew he had no shot of winning. Electing Backman is getting Humphrey in the back door.
Wondering

New York, NY

#83 Sep 6, 2013
Here is a Clue wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't want your home flooded year after year, don't live next to a creek for christ sake!
So is the town willing to purchase homes in flood prone areas? I believe the town would have originally approved building permits for their construction...
Ghetto Watertfront Homes

United States

#84 Sep 6, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the town willing to purchase homes in flood prone areas? I believe the town would have originally approved building permits for their construction...
Probably 100 years ago when those homes were built (or more recently when they were TOWED in), you people CHOSE to live there. Now that's just too bad.

Better call a tow truck for your move to higher ground or quit whining.
Campaign Death Kiss

United States

#85 Sep 6, 2013
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure that Ed and Kathy are exactly the backbone of Don's campaign as you imply.
Cathy Lawrence, co-founder of Concerned Citizens for Honest & Open Government, and her husband gave a combined $850 (out of $1350.) 65% sounds like backbone to me. lol
Higher Ground

New York Mills, NY

#86 Sep 6, 2013
Ghetto Watertfront Homes wrote:
<quoted text>Probably 100 years ago when those homes were built (or more recently when they were TOWED in), you people CHOSE to live there. Now that's just too bad.
TPT

New York Mills, NY

#87 Sep 6, 2013
Comedy Central

New York Mills, NY

#88 Sep 6, 2013
Changed vote to Backman

New York, NY

#89 Sep 6, 2013
Ghetto Watertfront Homes wrote:
<quoted text>Probably 100 years ago when those homes were built (or more recently when they were TOWED in), you people CHOSE to live there. Now that's just too bad.
How about the people in Woodberry with flooded homes? How about the people in New York Mills with flooded homes? It is not just Chadwicks! People like you are the reason I am voting for Backman. PS: I live in a more affluent section of New Hartford and comments such as yours have convinced me I need to change my vote to Backman. Hopefully, others reading your prejudicial comments change their minds as well....
Voting 4 Tyk

New York Mills, NY

#90 Sep 6, 2013
Backman has proven to be useless. He has no backbone and continues to make false promises to the residents in the flood prone areas. The truth is...there is no amount of money that can fix the problems. If you're STUPID enough to live in a flood basin, then you're STUPID enough to vote for Backman. You can't fix stupid! You have a better chance of hoping lightning fixes your problem!
First time voter

Whitesboro, NY

#91 Sep 6, 2013
Voting 4 Tyk wrote:
Backman has proven to be useless. He has no backbone and continues to make false promises to the residents in the flood prone areas. The truth is...there is no amount of money that can fix the problems. If you're STUPID enough to live in a flood basin, then you're STUPID enough to vote for Backman. You can't fix stupid! You have a better chance of hoping lightning fixes your problem!
I live in Washington Mills and I am so angry when I read this stuff. Pat Tyksinski is the Town Supervisor. He was the one made the promises to fix our flooding! He's the one who spent money on new development instead fixing the old flooding problems which he helped create. He was the Town Supervisor and he was responsible!

I can't understand why anyone who is supporting Pat Tyksinksi could post this stuff ridiculing people who live in Washington Mils and Chadwicks. Do you really think calling people who live in the flooded areas stupid is going to make them change their minds and vote Tyksinski?

I have never voted before in a primary, I mean why bother right? But this time its different. I've had enough of the arrogance and insults from Tyksinski and his friends. We need a change, NOW! I'm voting for Don Backman!
Library Tortass

Earlville, NY

#92 Sep 6, 2013
First time voter wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Washington Mills and I am so angry when I read this stuff. Pat Tyksinski is the Town Supervisor. He was the one made the promises to fix our flooding! He's the one who spent money on new development instead fixing the old flooding problems which he helped create. He was the Town Supervisor and he was responsible!
I can't understand why anyone who is supporting Pat Tyksinksi could post this stuff ridiculing people who live in Washington Mils and Chadwicks. Do you really think calling people who live in the flooded areas stupid is going to make them change their minds and vote Tyksinski?
I have never voted before in a primary, I mean why bother right? But this time its different. I've had enough of the arrogance and insults from Tyksinski and
his friends. We need a change, NOW! I'm voting for Don Backman!
Truth is people-NO FUNDS WERE DIVERTED-show me where!!!! Don CANNOT do any more-any faster than any past sitting supervisor. The DEC controls what can be done in the creeks & when-be it Chadwicks, Washington Mills or New York Mills. If you're being told something different you're being lied to!!
Underwater in Chadwicks

Whitesboro, NY

#93 Sep 6, 2013
Library Tortass wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is people-NO FUNDS WERE DIVERTED-show me where!!!! Don CANNOT do any more-any faster than any past sitting supervisor. The DEC controls what can be done in the creeks & when-be it Chadwicks, Washington Mills or New York Mills. If you're being told something different you're being lied to!!
Are trying to tell us our homes haven't been flooded year after year while Tyksinski has been supervisor? Maybe it was our imagination!

Tyksinski admitted that Chadwicks and Washington Mills haven't been the top priority for storm water repairs and improvements. Are you trying to tell us any different?

How come a millionaire like Larry Adler can get $600,000 a $600,000 paid by us taxpayers but Tyksinski has no money left for Chadwicks and Washington Mills? How come? Tyksinski had plenty of chances to fix the problems in Chadwicks and Washington Mills. He did nothing! He does not care about us. Worse than that his own supporters disrespect us as "not the real New Hartford".

I'm not going through again what we went through last spring. No more empty promises from Pat!
get a life

Pittsfield, MA

#94 Sep 6, 2013
Underwater in Chadwicks wrote:
<quoted text>Are trying to tell us our homes haven't been flooded year after year while Tyksinski has been supervisor? Maybe it was our imagination!

Tyksinski admitted that Chadwicks and Washington Mills haven't been the top priority for storm water repairs and improvements. Are you trying to tell us any different?

How come a millionaire like Larry Adler can get $600,000 a $600,000 paid by us taxpayers but Tyksinski has no money left for Chadwicks and Washington Mills? How come? Tyksinski had plenty of chances to fix the problems in Chadwicks and Washington Mills. He did nothing! He does not care about us. Worse than that his own supporters disrespect us as "not the real New Hartford".

I'm not going through again what we went through last spring. No more empty promises from Pat!
Don you r bored!
Library Tortass

Earlville, NY

#96 Sep 6, 2013
Underwater in Chadwicks wrote:
<quoted text>
Are trying to tell us our homes haven't been flooded year after year while Tyksinski has been supervisor? Maybe it was our imagination!
Am I denying your homes were flooded by creek overflow during the last few years? Not at all!! Are you telling me that the storms during the last few years are typical?? One-two inches of rain within a couple hours (cuz that's when you get the flooding) is normal? All the flooding you endured the last few years would have occurred regardless of who was supervisor and regardless of how much money was dedicated to it because a) the amount of rain in the short amount of time was abnormal and b) all the money in the world won't change the DEC's attitude-the fish in the creek are what's important and you're lucky if your home comes in second. If you truly believe it would have been different under another supervisor then you're sadly mistaken. If you are being told it will be different/quickly handled under the next supervisor then your being sold a line of nonsense. The reality is you need to set up a berm/wall on your own property to divert the water away from your home until the DEC allows the necessary action to control the creeks.
Library Tortass

Earlville, NY

#97 Sep 6, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? The homes along the creek on New Hartford St & Royal brook lane in NYM were built before the village adopted the codes/zoning in 1972. No building permits were necessary.
Frustrated home owner

Whitesboro, NY

#98 Sep 7, 2013
So what your telling us Pat Tysinski:

- The flooding is not your fault, Its the DEC

- If that isn't' good enough, then it Mother Nature's Fault for causing rain (Imagine that)

- If you don't believe that one then its OUR fault for living near a creek

-And your biggest excuse: Well Chadwicks and Washington Mills have't been the priority, but don't worry, NEXT year I'll get to it. I promise!

That's total BS Mr Tyksinski! You are the Town Supervisor. You rushed through all of this development without thinking of storm water runoff and we home owners who have lived in peace for years are paying the price.

Where's that missing 1 million dollars from the Sewer Fund? That could have been used to help us!

How come you had $600,000 to build a road for a millionaire but shrug your shoulders when we ask you for money to help our flooding problems?$600,000 could have saved our homes this year.

You had your chance Pat! The only reason you are scrambling now is because you realize that enough people are frustrated and angry enough to vote you out of office. Only now do you care! I say NO. You had your chance. Time for Don Backman to give it a try.
Fake people suck

Little Falls, NY

#99 Sep 7, 2013
Frustrated home owner wrote:
So what your telling us Pat Tysinski:
- The flooding is not your fault, Its the DEC
- If that isn't' good enough, then it Mother Nature's Fault for causing rain (Imagine that)
- If you don't believe that one then its OUR fault for living near a creek
-And your biggest excuse: Well Chadwicks and Washington Mills have't been the priority, but don't worry, NEXT year I'll get to it. I promise!
That's total BS Mr Tyksinski! You are the Town Supervisor. You rushed through all of this development without thinking of storm water runoff and we home owners who have lived in peace for years are paying the price.
Where's that missing 1 million dollars from the Sewer Fund? That could have been used to help us!
How come you had $600,000 to build a road for a millionaire but shrug your shoulders when we ask you for money to help our flooding problems?$600,000 could have saved our homes this year.
You had your chance Pat! The only reason you are scrambling now is because you realize that enough people are frustrated and angry enough to vote you out of office. Only now do you care! I say NO. You had your chance. Time for Don Backman to give it a try.
Thanks Ed and Cathy!
Dam I wish I had all the free time you people do all day posting On topix nonstop.
Hmmm

New York, NY

#100 Sep 7, 2013
Fake people suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Ed and Cathy!
Dam I wish I had all the free time you people do all day posting On topix nonstop.
It's Damn not Dam though a Dam could help control stormwater....
Frustrated home owner

Whitesboro, NY

#101 Sep 7, 2013
Fake people suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Ed and Cathy!
I"m the frustrated homeowner who posted above and I AM NOT ED OR CATHY. I get so angry when I read this stuff. Pat thinks you can dismiss who sections of this town as "just Ed and Cathy". That doesn't work anymore! Pat you are just trying to dismiss us and not care about us like you always have. I can't wait until September 10th when I can vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alex Carbone dating Savannah Lei 4 min Bozo 36
gofundme 5 min Slow down 12
Congresswoman Tenney 6 min teddy 30
Lu Lu Spa in New York Mills 10 min Not Rosemary 5
Dept. of Motor Vehicles Is a Corporation 10 min CrimesofDMV 1
prostitution or santuary cities 12 min john 1
Townsend Loses (Nov '10) 13 min Confused Claudia 72
Golf in Upstate NY 30 min Walk the course 36
Dr. Costello unnecessary cruelty 48 min High-speed 16
Cuomo pitching statewide platic bag ban. 3 hr NY The Vampire State 16