Carl

Astoria, NY

#61 Sep 5, 2013
spell check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 2013, spell check is free!
If you have to cite spelling on a forum to 'win' and argument, you lose.
hate 2 say

Albany, NY

#62 Sep 5, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>If you have to cite spelling on a forum to 'win' and argument, you lose.
Spelling and grammar are a reflection of Don's constituency . If they had any common sense they'd move to higher ground!
Another from Chadwicks

Utica, NY

#63 Sep 5, 2013
hate 2 say wrote:
<quoted text>
Spelling and grammar are a reflection of Don's constituency . If they had any common sense they'd move to higher ground!
I'm so tired of Tyksinksi's arrogance and indifference to Chadwicks and Washington Mills. I have never bothered to vote in a primary before but this time I am voting and will vote for Don Backman. The town will take our area seriously after September 10th. I heard that the vote will be at the Methodist Church off Gennesse Street in the Village of New Hartford. Any voting places in other areas of town?
None of the above

Utica, NY

#64 Sep 5, 2013
Another from Chadwicks wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so tired of Tyksinksi's arrogance and indifference to Chadwicks and Washington Mills. I have never bothered to vote in a primary before but this time I am voting and will vote for Don Backman. The town will take our area seriously after September 10th. I heard that the vote will be at the Methodist Church off Gennesse Street in the Village of New Hartford. Any voting places in other areas of town?
Who cares. The hamlet of Chadwick's is a draw on the town and does nothing but take from our town resources.

Another case in point - Ask Don to explain why the little fire dept out there in his area has less alarms and less fire people ; but costs the taxpayers 4xs what the other town fire departments do? Rediculous and shameful. Just another thing Backman has let go over the years in order to garner public safety votes, or just votes in general. He talks out of both sides of his mouth which is unpretty.
Underwater in Chadwicks

Utica, NY

#65 Sep 5, 2013
None of the above wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares. The hamlet of Chadwick's is a draw on the town and does nothing but take from our town resources.
Another case in point - Ask Don to explain why the little fire dept out there in his area has less alarms and less fire people ; but costs the taxpayers 4xs what the other town fire departments do? Rediculous and shameful. Just another thing Backman has let go over the years in order to garner public safety votes, or just votes in general. He talks out of both sides of his mouth which is unpretty.
Thank you again for reminding those of us who live in Chadwicks, Willowvalle, Washington Mills, and New York Mills we we MUST get fired up for this election. If we get complacent and not vote we have no one to blame but our selves when next year Tyksinsi continues to ignor the storm water damage we have year after year. I will be voting this year to make a statement: Don Backman.
Outsider Looking In

New Hartford, NY

#66 Sep 5, 2013
Underwater in Chadwicks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you again for reminding those of us who live in Chadwicks, Willowvalle, Washington Mills, and New York Mills we we MUST get fired up for this election. If we get complacent and not vote we have no one to blame but our selves when next year Tyksinsi continues to ignor the storm water damage we have year after year. I will be voting this year to make a statement: Don Backman.
Don's constituents are so dumbed down, uninformed and ignorant. How could you vote for a guy who is directly responsible for your area looking worse than ever during his numerous terms? Do you really think he cares about you? If so, why are you in the same predicament you were in 25 years ago? I don't live in the town nor am I supporter of either candidate. But, let's call a spade a spade.
Matt

Los Angeles, CA

#67 Sep 5, 2013
I'm voting for him, our neighbors have a sign up for him, and the buzz is he'll win. We'll see, but he's better than Pat.
Bunk

Utica, NY

#68 Sep 5, 2013
Matt wrote:
I'm voting for him, our neighbors have a sign up for him,
Gee Wiz Clarence, I reckon that's good enough reason for me! Now pass me one of them-there Ole Mil's!
they live

Manchester, CT

#69 Sep 5, 2013
Bunk wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Wiz Clarence, I reckon that's good enough reason for me! Now pass me one of them-there Ole Mil's!
LOL

Please, you have to be an absolute moron to think he will do anything to move the town forward other than grandstand and tell everyone how handsome he is. Just wait til he knows hes on his way out after the primary and is a lame duck. Then you will see the real man behind the political signs. IT will be ugly.
Concerned in Willowvale

Wrentham, MA

#70 Sep 5, 2013
Well I found one of the above posts very interesting.- Why do the people in that part of the town pay so much for fire department service? Why has Don allowed this to happen ? What is the alternative?
I live in this part of the town, and why does someone a mile down the road from me pay so much less? And do they get more service? This is preposterous.
Concerned in Willowvale

Utica, NY

#71 Sep 5, 2013
Wow... After looking over Don Backman's website I have changed my mind. He has my vote. He has a plan to address the stormwater problem to include:

"Bring back the stormwater committee. Investigate, assess, rate and prioritize problem areas in town. Report to the town board monthly with findings and recommended action. Appoint members as soon as possible."

Why did Pat Tyksinki disband the citizen Storm Water Committee in thefirst place? I guess it made it easier for Tyksinski to divert storm water funds away from Chadwicks, Washington Mills and New York Mills so he could use the money to build developer Larry Adler's $600,000 road to his park. Tyksinski only cares about the well connected.

Here's Don Backman's website: http://www.donbackman.com/
city slicker

Utica, NY

#72 Sep 5, 2013
Concerned in Willowvale wrote:
Wow... After looking over Don Backman's website I have changed my mind. He has my vote. He has a plan to address the stormwater problem to include:
"Bring back the stormwater committee. Investigate, assess, rate and prioritize problem areas in town. Report to the town board monthly with findings and recommended action. Appoint members as soon as possible."
Why did Pat Tyksinki disband the citizen Storm Water Committee in thefirst place? I guess it made it easier for Tyksinski to divert storm water funds away from Chadwicks, Washington Mills and New York Mills so he could use the money to build developer Larry Adler's $600,000 road to his park. Tyksinski only cares about the well connected.
Heres the site for real leadership!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rich-Woodland/...
Concerned in Willowvale

Utica, NY

#73 Sep 5, 2013

Confused in Chadwicks

Boston, MA

#74 Sep 5, 2013
Concerned in Willowvale wrote:

Too bad he never bothered to advocate or implement these ideas until now. I'm voting for Pat Tyksinski.
LOL

New York, NY

#75 Sep 5, 2013
city slicker wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres the site for real leadership!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rich-Woodland/...
When and where is the Hydrofracking Band playing? Never heard of them. Are they any good? LOL!!
Concerned in Willowvale

Utica, NY

#76 Sep 6, 2013
Frequent flyer wrote:
There aren't enough cultists in NH to elect Backman.

Flooding in Chadwicks-if you want to live in a trailer park next to a creek, what do you expect? Do you really think that NH voters want someone to represent them that looks like a character from "King of the Hill"?

Tax breaks for millionaires: that argument seems to revolve around one deal and one person-who are the others? And besides, did you ever stop to think that development in the western part of the town supports Chadwicks? Tell me, excepting Mohawk Limited, just how much do Chadwicks businesses or residences contribute to NH? This primary won't even be close, and after it's over Don can go to the dentist and Ed can look for another windmill to tilt with.
So that all Tyksinski has left to try to win re-election: ridicule the appearance of his opponent.

People have a right to expect the town to protect their homes from the flooding every year. Especially Tyksisnki's created the flooding problems with his over development. Instead of using the Storm Water funds as it was intended Tyksisnki instead diverts it to pay for multi-millionaire Larry Adler's $600,000 exit ramp of Judd Road. So Adler gets his road and the residents of Chadwicks, Washington Mills and New York Mills get ignored and get flooded, year after year. Tyksinski doesn't take care of anyone but but Larry Adler. Sorry to tell you but its time to give Don Backman a try.
Interesting

New York, NY

#77 Sep 6, 2013
According to the Utica OD today regarding the campaign for NH Supervisor:

About 15 percent of Tyksinski’s dollars came from some familiar names — a major developer in the town, the town attorney and his family and law firm.

Backman, who has served on the Town Board for more than 10 years, said he wouldn’t accept campaign funds from developers and has called it a conflict of interest. But Tyksinski, who is running for his second term, said that’s not the case and it would be “a little ridiculous” to refuse contributions.

Of Tyksinski’s donations,$1,925 came from town attorney Herbert Cully ($675), Cully’s wife ($500), his son ($500) and his Utica-based law firm Calli Calli & Cully ($250).

Cully — who will earn $53,000 this year for his role with the town, according to the budget — serves in one of two appointed positions filled by the town supervisor. Tyksinski’s other appointee is New Hartford Deputy Supervisor Matthew Bohn III, who gave $990 to the campaign and earned $1,000 for his role with the town this year.

Cully said he gave the money to the campaign because he believes in Tyksinski’s work for the past three years,“turning around” the financial condition of the town and would like to see him continue.

“I’m an enrolled Republican, and he’s the Republican-endorsed candidate,” Cully said.“I supported the party endorsed candidate.”

Larry Adler, developer of the New Hartford Business Park and The Orchard shopping center, donated $1,000 to Tyksinski.

Read more: http://www.uticaod.com/news/x1655333044/Tyksi...
Get Ready

New Hartford, NY

#78 Sep 6, 2013
Go ahead and vote for some redneck hillbilly looking character to be your next Town Supervisor. If you think crime is up in the ghetto parts of New Hartford where he currently represents, wait until it spreads like wild fire across the rest of the town and something terrible happens to your wife or daughter under his rule.

Just wait. The NHPD is going to have to double its current size making storm water costs pale in comparison.
Larry and Linda own Pat

Utica, NY

#79 Sep 6, 2013
So Tyksinki diverts $600,000 in Storm Water repairs away from Chadwicks and Washington Mills and instead build Larry Adler a nice access road into his business park. In turn Larry Adler donates to Tyksinski's re-election campaign.

Tyksinki over looks Linda Romano's disastrous library mis-management. In turn Linda Romano donates to Tyksinski's re-election campaign.

The New Hartford Friends and Family Plan at its best!
Cry Babies

New Hartford, NY

#80 Sep 6, 2013
So become part of the friends and family and enjoy the benefit of your tax dollars hard at work if you feel left out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
aldi cheap and welfare patrons food stamps (Nov '12) 5 min Golub 48
Chick-fil-A coming to Riverside 6 min Pier 3
mvcc vs. utica college (Feb '14) 27 min Youre Not Bright 12
Principal Charles Pratt Drunk 41 min paid leave 7
More money for the Auditorium... 41 min Class Clown 453
Utica Comets have the highest number of season ... 46 min Class Clown 57
Stanley's Bar 49 min dummypants 7
HP principle a drunk now investigate your footb... 51 min Huh 10
Two arrested as part of prostitution sting at C... 6 hr fedup 33
Judge Bernie Clark back in the news again 7 hr Stupid 29