Frequent flyer

Utica, NY

#21 Sep 2, 2013
There aren't enough cultists in NH to elect Backman.
Just for the sake of argument:
Document more town debt-my understanding (along with the state) is that NH's financial outlook has dramatically improved since Pat has been in office.(Of course, the state must be wrong-there's that conspiracy theory again!)
More storm water flooding? Absolutely...along with more storms!!!(Maybe God is involved in this conspiracy also!)
The library fiasco- agreed, it's a mess.(Just for the record, who put Ed Waitr on their board???)
Flooding in Chadwicks-if you want to live in a trailer park next to a creek, what do you expect? The biggest contributor to flooding is the DEC's refusal to permit dredging; is that Pat's fault also?(Oh wait-he's in bed with NYS, the DEC, and God- if so, he'll be hard to beat.) Do you really think that NH voters want someone to represent them that looks like a character from "King of the Hill"?
Tax breaks for millionaires: that argument seems to revolve around one deal and one person-who are the others? And besides, did you ever stop to think that development in the western part of the town supports Chadwicks? Tell me, excepting Mohawk Limited, just how much do Chadwicks businesses or residences contribute to NH? This primary won't even be close, and after it's over Don can go to the dentist and Ed can look for another windmill to tilt with. C'mon, Ed-why not head down to Dallas and investigate the Lone Gunman conspiracy? Or prove we never landed on the moon. Just leave NH alone, and look for a populace far dumber than ours to manipulate and con. If you're so convinced of Pat's poor job and your own abilities, then why don't YOU run? I think everyone with an ounce of sense knows the answer to that question.
Gave him a look

New Hartford, NY

#22 Sep 2, 2013
I checked out the Backman website. I watched the storm water meeting that is featured on the homepage. What I took away was that Mr. Tyksinski has a plan that is coming together nicely, and Mr. Backman looked totally disconnected and didn't seem to bring anything of any substance to the discussion.... except busting the engineers balls about rainfall amounts. Ever think that those rainfall totals might be higher upstream from the rain gauge? Holy crap! Quit splitting hairs & work to come up with a solution instead of just sitting there with your back to the meeting being conducted. I wish they had a video of the site visit they went on, I'd love to have heard what he had to say when he saw the work that was being done.
Big toothy

Utica, NY

#23 Sep 2, 2013
Frequent flyer wrote:
There aren't enough cultists in NH to elect Backman.
Just for the sake of argument:
Document more town debt-my understanding (along with the state) is that NH's financial outlook has dramatically improved since Pat has been in office.(Of course, the state must be wrong-there's that conspiracy theory again!)
More storm water flooding? Absolutely...along with more storms!!!(Maybe God is involved in this conspiracy also!)
The library fiasco- agreed, it's a mess.(Just for the record, who put Ed Waitr on their board???)
Flooding in Chadwicks-if you want to live in a trailer park next to a creek, what do you expect? The biggest contributor to flooding is the DEC's refusal to permit dredging; is that Pat's fault also?(Oh wait-he's in bed with NYS, the DEC, and God- if so, he'll be hard to beat.) Do you really think that NH voters want someone to represent them that looks like a character from "King of the Hill"?
Tax breaks for millionaires: that argument seems to revolve around one deal and one person-who are the others? And besides, did you ever stop to think that development in the western part of the town supports Chadwicks? Tell me, excepting Mohawk Limited, just how much do Chadwicks businesses or residences contribute to NH? This primary won't even be close, and after it's over Don can go to the dentist and Ed can look for another windmill to tilt with. C'mon, Ed-why not head down to Dallas and investigate the Lone Gunman conspiracy? Or prove we never landed on the moon. Just leave NH alone, and look for a populace far dumber than ours to manipulate and con. If you're so convinced of Pat's poor job and your own abilities, then why don't YOU run? I think everyone with an ounce of sense knows the answer to that question.
I don't know who wrote this but whoever you are - you should be in town Goverment ! Excellent post and spot on with the facts. You reaffirm my belief there are intelligent and independent people on this site and in the town of NH. Bravo.

You cultists can all go suck it. That's what I say.
Fed up Town Resident

Boston, MA

#24 Sep 3, 2013
Gave him a look wrote:
I checked out the Backman website. I watched the storm water meeting that is featured on the homepage. What I took away was that Mr. Tyksinski has a plan that is coming together nicely, and Mr. Backman looked totally disconnected and didn't seem to bring anything of any substance to the discussion.... except busting the engineers balls about rainfall amounts. Ever think that those rainfall totals might be higher upstream from the rain gauge? Holy crap! Quit splitting hairs & work to come up with a solution instead of just sitting there with your back to the meeting being conducted. I wish they had a video of the site visit they went on, I'd love to have heard what he had to say when he saw the work that was being done.
Wow! I checked out Tyksinki's website and I love his plan!

- increase the town's debt burden while continuing to give tax breaks to multi millionaire developers.

- continue to remove funding from the sewer and storm water funds to protect multi millionaires and leave Chadwicks and Washington Mills open for flooding.

- Continue to let the New Hartford Library stumble from one comic misadventure to the next in order to protect the ego of Library of President Linda Romano.

Wow
We are rebuilding New Hartford under Tyksinski!
educated in NH

Utica, NY

#25 Sep 3, 2013
Like a previous poster pointed out, "Fed Up" conveniently ignores where the town's finances were when Pat took over.
The post also ignores the fact that , far from dismissing the library fiasco, Pat put Don's mentor, Ed Waitr, on the board to address the mess. It's not his fault that Ed has made matters worse w/ his attitude and personality.
Finally, where/what is Don's plan??? So easy to criticize someone's public plan with out providing any specifics of your own. I prefer someone who is proactive; at least there is substance whether I agree with it or not. I see no substance with Don Backman. I see no plan. All I see is a puppet who freely complains about Pat, but offers no real alternative. What really amazes me is that when Don speaks, Ed's lips don't move at all.
I Agree

Utica, NY

#26 Sep 3, 2013
Big toothy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who wrote this but whoever you are - you should be in town Goverment ! Excellent post and spot on with the facts. You reaffirm my belief there are intelligent and independent people on this site and in the town of NH. Bravo.
You cultists can all go suck it. That's what I say.
Chadwicks trailer parks and people like Don Backman aren't representative of New Hartford townspeople. Although he has a following, he could never garner enough votes to get elected townwide. As for Ed and Kathy, they're to be commended for providing a second set of eyes on elected officials and our illustrious library trustees but they lack credibility for getting candidates elected. Just ask Kalil.
observer

West Hartford, CT

#27 Sep 3, 2013
I Agree wrote:
<quoted text>Chadwicks trailer parks and people like Don Backman aren't representative of New Hartford townspeople. Although he has a following, he could never garner enough votes to get elected townwide. As for Ed and Kathy, they're to be commended for providing a second set of eyes on elected officials and our illustrious library trustees but they lack credibility for getting candidates elected. Just ask Kalil.
Not sure that Ed and Kathy are exactly the backbone of Don's campaign as you imply. I get the impression they are endorsing him and herein is where the problem may exist. They simply do not have a large support or donor base contrary to what some may perceive. This can prove to be a problem with Backman if he is depending on them to carry him over the finish line. Despite their well intended efforts, they have pushed so hard against the status quo to the point of being labeled chronic complainers even when they're almost always correct. Overall, Pat has done a great job in comparison to Reed and I'm not sure an elected Backman would be much better. Pandering to the trailer park folks in the low rent district doesn't make you a bad guy, it's just not going to win you an election. On a personal level, Don is a nice guy, but his professional appearance is lacking. He may have appeal to the NASCAR crowd, Joe Six Pack or Larry the Cable guy down in Willowville, but it's not going to be enough to win the primary.
Underwater in Chadwicks

Utica, NY

#28 Sep 4, 2013
Live in Chadwicks, Willowvale and Washington Mills? Wonder why your homes flood every year and despite promise after promise by Pat Tyskinski to do something about it but nothing changes. Wonder why Tyksinski can find $600,000 of YOUR tax money to build a road for multi-millionare Larry Adler but doesn't’ do anthing for you? Well now you have your answer. Below are comments from a commited Tyksinski-Romano supporter. They don’t believe that the hard working people of Chadwicks and Washington Mills represents the “real” New Hartford. So if you like getting ignored in favor of multi-millionaire developers who get your storm water money then keep voting for Tyksinski.
Here are quotes taken from this thread:

A Tyksinski-Romano supporter:
“Flooding in Chadwicks-if you want to live in a trailer park next to a creek, what do you expect?”
“Chadwicks trailer parks and people like Don Backman aren't representative of New Hartford townspeople. Although he has a following, he could never garner enough votes to get elected townwide.”

“Overall, Pat has done a great job in comparison to Reed and I'm not sure an elected Backman would be much better. Pandering to the trailer park folks in the low rent district doesn't make you a bad guy, it's just not going to win you an election. On a personal level, Don is a nice guy, but his professional appearance is lacking. He may have appeal to the NASCAR crowd, Joe Six Pack or Larry the Cable guy down in Willowville, but it's not going to be enough to win the primary.”
Shrinking Middle Class

New Hartford, NY

#29 Sep 4, 2013
Underwater in Chadwicks wrote:
Live in Chadwicks, Willowvale and Washington Mills? Wonder why your homes flood every year and despite promise after promise by Pat Tyskinski to do something about it but nothing changes. Wonder why Tyksinski can find $600,000 of YOUR tax money to build a road for multi-millionare Larry Adler but doesn't’ do anthing for you? Well now you have your answer. Below are comments from a commited Tyksinski-Romano supporter. They don’t believe that the hard working people of Chadwicks and Washington Mills represents the “real” New Hartford. So if you like getting ignored in favor of multi-millionaire developers who get your storm water money then keep voting for Tyksinski.
Here are quotes taken from this thread:
A Tyksinski-Romano supporter:
“Flooding in Chadwicks-if you want to live in a trailer park next to a creek, what do you expect?”
“Chadwicks trailer parks and people like Don Backman aren't representative of New Hartford townspeople. Although he has a following, he could never garner enough votes to get elected townwide.”
“Overall, Pat has done a great job in comparison to Reed and I'm not sure an elected Backman would be much better. Pandering to the trailer park folks in the low rent district doesn't make you a bad guy, it's just not going to win you an election. On a personal level, Don is a nice guy, but his professional appearance is lacking. He may have appeal to the NASCAR crowd, Joe Six Pack or Larry the Cable guy down in Willowville, but it's not going to be enough to win the primary.”
Why would you worry about things that suck the life out of the town and the taxpayers. If new commercial development brings in additional tax revenue which can later be used to fix these issues for those residents, what's the problem?

Let's face it, politics is about money! Money follows money. Stop looking for government handouts. At least the handouts given to businesses produce jobs. The answer is simple....move!

I'm so sick of this poor me attitude. Pat has done a good job and to identify him with Linda is a joke. Her actions are solely her own and she has long since self-destructed without anyone's help. Now, it's just a matter of sitting back and watching the s#*t show play out and see the cannibals start to eat each other in due time.

But as for Pat, he's a way better choice than no-solution Backman who seems to have the flannel shirt wearing crowd piled into the bed of a rusted out F-150.Have you ever taken a ride down to Spanish Harlem in Chadwicks by the park? Welfare central!Baby mommas, strollers, screaming kids, garbage strewn everywhere...Just dirty and filthy all over. What has Mr. Backman done to revitalize this part of town to date? It looks worse than ever? Is he going to bring commercial development there to change the area? I highly doubt it.

It's easy to criticize Pat despite all that he has done...but please tell me one noticeable thing that Don Backman has actually accomplished??? Don, you've had many years to bring about change....your district looks worse than ever!
Library Hare

Utica, NY

#30 Sep 4, 2013
Somebody wrote: It's easy to criticize Pat despite all that he has done...but please tell me one noticeable thing that Don Backman has actually accomplished??? Don, you've had many years to bring about change....your district looks worse than ever!

So, what has Don done? Hmmm. I asked him that when he came to my door last week.

His answer:

Built 5 bridges/box culvert bridges.(Did you notice? You probably drove over them). Finished a Town Park in his district. Pushed for the Beechwood Road drainage project and got up at 3am when the town flooded to go check the damage and get repairs started. Paved a crapload of roads as Councilman (When he went off the board in 2006-2010 notice his replacement didn't pave 3 out of 4 years!)Voted against EVERY budget with a tax increase in it in his first 2 terms and lowered taxes the 1st year he came back. Worked to LOWER taxes in every budget - successfully. Reached out to work with other board members to adopt a realistic balanced budget and then sat there while Pat (Easy to criticize, remember?) voted AGAINST all 3 budgets. The Tyker has NEVER voted FOR a town budget - EVER.

But he sure as hell wants credit for "FIXING" things!

The credit goes to 4 responsible Council members for FIXING things, NOT the Tyker.

Then I asked him about the library. He agrees the problem is the relationship between the library board and the town board - and he was specific. I agree with him that new people are needed on the library board. Oh, he did too his own horn too: His name is the ONLY town board member listed on the donor board when the library was built, so he isn't all humble sometimes.

I will check Backmans name on the primary ballot next Tuesday. At least he doesn't waffle or BS you like the Tyker.
I Agree

Utica, NY

#31 Sep 4, 2013
Shrinking Middle Class wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you worry about things that suck the life out of the town and the taxpayers. If new commercial development brings in additional tax revenue which can later be used to fix these issues for those residents, what's the problem?
Let's face it, politics is about money! Money follows money. Stop looking for government handouts. At least the handouts given to businesses produce jobs. The answer is simple....move!
I'm so sick of this poor me attitude. Pat has done a good job and to identify him with Linda is a joke. Her actions are solely her own and she has long since self-destructed without anyone's help. Now, it's just a matter of sitting back and watching the s#*t show play out and see the cannibals start to eat each other in due time.
But as for Pat, he's a way better choice than no-solution Backman who seems to have the flannel shirt wearing crowd piled into the bed of a rusted out F-150.Have you ever taken a ride down to Spanish Harlem in Chadwicks by the park? Welfare central!Baby mommas, strollers, screaming kids, garbage strewn everywhere...Just dirty and filthy all over. What has Mr. Backman done to revitalize this part of town to date? It looks worse than ever? Is he going to bring commercial development there to change the area? I highly doubt it.
It's easy to criticize Pat despite all that he has done...but please tell me one noticeable thing that Don Backman has actually accomplished??? Don, you've had many years to bring about change....your district looks worse than ever!
Clearly you get it while others on this board don't! Probably Don himself??? lol
Curious

New Hartford, NY

#32 Sep 4, 2013
Library Hare wrote:
Somebody wrote: It's easy to criticize Pat despite all that he has done...but please tell me one noticeable thing that Don Backman has actually accomplished??? Don, you've had many years to bring about change....your district looks worse than ever!
So, what has Don done? Hmmm. I asked him that when he came to my door last week.
His answer:
Built 5 bridges/box culvert bridges.(Did you notice? You probably drove over them). Finished a Town Park in his district. Pushed for the Beechwood Road drainage project and got up at 3am when the town flooded to go check the damage and get repairs started. Paved a crapload of roads as Councilman (When he went off the board in 2006-2010 notice his replacement didn't pave 3 out of 4 years!)Voted against EVERY budget with a tax increase in it in his first 2 terms and lowered taxes the 1st year he came back. Worked to LOWER taxes in every budget - successfully. Reached out to work with other board members to adopt a realistic balanced budget and then sat there while Pat (Easy to criticize, remember?) voted AGAINST all 3 budgets. The Tyker has NEVER voted FOR a town budget - EVER.
But he sure as hell wants credit for "FIXING" things!
The credit goes to 4 responsible Council members for FIXING things, NOT the Tyker.
Then I asked him about the library. He agrees the problem is the relationship between the library board and the town board - and he was specific. I agree with him that new people are needed on the library board. Oh, he did too his own horn too: His name is the ONLY town board member listed on the donor board when the library was built, so he isn't all humble sometimes.
I will check Backmans name on the primary ballot next Tuesday. At least he doesn't waffle or BS you like the Tyker.
Then why does Don's ward always look like a train wreck?
Underwater in Chadwicks

Utica, NY

#33 Sep 4, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why does Don's ward always look like a train wreck?
That's easy. Its because Pat Tyksinski only takes care of the wealthy and well connected areas of New Hartford. If your not a member of the Yahandasis Country Club or a wealthy out of town developer like Larry Adler you are at the bottom of the priority list for storm water repairs. Thanks again fore reminding everyone that if you live in Chadwicks, Willowvalle or Washington Mills you should not vote for Pat Tyksinski unless you don't mind your house flooding again year after year.
Just Saying

New Hartford, NY

#34 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
That's easy. Its because Pat Tyksinski only takes care of the wealthy and well connected areas of New Hartford. If your not a member of the Yahandasis Country Club or a wealthy out of town developer like Larry Adler you are at the bottom of the priority list for storm water repairs. Thanks again fore reminding everyone that if you live in Chadwicks, Willowvalle or Washington Mills you should not vote for Pat Tyksinski unless you don't mind your house flooding again year after year.
1. Its should be "It's"
2. Your should be "you're"
3. Yahandasis is spelled "Yahnundasis"
4. Larry Adler lives in the area
5. fore is spelled "for"

You forgot to mention that most of those who will be voting for Pat are competent, can spell, have an education and earn above the current Federal poverty level. Also, having clean white teeth helps!
Washington Mills Resident

Utica, NY

#35 Sep 4, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Its should be "It's"
2. Your should be "you're"
3. Yahandasis is spelled "Yahnundasis"
4. Larry Adler lives in the area
5. fore is spelled "for"
You forgot to mention that most of those who will be voting for Pat are competent, can spell, have an education and earn above the current Federal poverty level. Also, having clean white teeth helps!
Thanks again for demonstrating the New Hartford Friends and Family Plan arrogance and snobbery over the less affluent areas of New Hartford. My neighbors and I are tired to playing second fiddle to multi-millionaire and Clinton resident Larry Adler when it comes to infrastructure repairs in this town. THANK You for firing us up to vote out Tyksinski!

Maybe we can't spell Yahnundasis but we can sure spell "Backman" on September 10th. Tyksinski is finished thanks to your arrogance!
WAH WAH WAH

Utica, NY

#36 Sep 4, 2013
Cry me a river or in your case a creek ... a Sauquoit Creek! bwahahaha
Free Soap Bars

New Hartford, NY

#37 Sep 4, 2013
A vote for Backman is a step Backwards! What tax payer (not welfare recipient) would keep dumping money in a disgustingly dirty area that Backman has supposedly done so much for? Pat did not create the problems in Chadwicks or Washington Mills. Don has represented that area for many years....what has he accomplished for these residents. If he has done so much...why are they in a predicament today???

Don, you should be ashamed at how dirty your ward/district looks? Then again, you don't look much different yourself.
Underwater in Chadwicks

Utica, NY

#38 Sep 4, 2013
Free Soap Bars wrote:
A vote for Backman is a step Backwards! What tax payer (not welfare recipient) would keep dumping money in a disgustingly dirty area that Backman has supposedly done so much for? Pat did not create the problems in Chadwicks or Washington Mills. Don has represented that area for many years....what has he accomplished for these residents. If he has done so much...why are they in a predicament today???
Don, you should be ashamed at how dirty your ward/district looks? Then again, you don't look much different yourself.
Posting this stuff you are doing more harm to Tyksinski's reelection campaign then anything else could. I don't know how you could think that ridiculing the residents of Chadwicks and getting them fired up and motivated to vote is going to help Tyksinski.

Just like Board of Education Member Beth Soggs's facebook page ridiculing Ed Flemma's autistic child got people fired up and voted out Drew Ward your arrogant posts ridiculing Chadwicks is getting people fired up to vote out Tyksinski. The people of Chadwicks will be there September 10th to vote out Tyksinski.
get facts straight

New Hartford, NY

#39 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>Posting this stuff you are doing more harm to Tyksinski's reelection campaign then anything else could. I don't know how you could think that ridiculing the residents of Chadwicks and getting them fired up and motivated to vote is going to help Tyksinski.

Just like Board of Education Member Beth Soggs's facebook page ridiculing Ed Flemma's autistic child got people fired up and voted out Drew Ward your arrogant posts ridiculing Chadwicks is getting people fired up to vote out Tyksinski. The people of Chadwicks will be there September 10th to vote out Tyksinski.
Your assumption is that Chadwick's folks can read let alone get out and vote. Your implication is that Chadwick's folks depend on Topix for journalistic integrity. My views don't reflect Tyks but rather a personal observation as a middle class taxpayer.

Backman is not the right candidate. He is no savior and is fact largely responsible for the dilemma faced by ignoramuses like you.
New Hartford Power Broker

Utica, NY

#40 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Posting this stuff you are doing more harm to Tyksinski's reelection campaign then anything else could. I don't know how you could think that ridiculing the residents of Chadwicks and getting them fired up and motivated to vote is going to help Tyksinski.
Don't forget Library Trustee and New Hartford Power Broker Rich Evans' endorsement of Drew Ward. Unfortunately, having a Library Trustee stick his nose in an Board of Education election only re-enforced in people's mind how well connected the New Hartford Friends and Family Plan was at work protecting one of its own. We saw how that worked out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NH Coach blames Whitesboro 18 min Mr hand 3
Whitesboro High School (Jan '14) 31 min Parent of student 45
Robert Oliveira in a Nutshell 47 min Robert Oliveira 2
Tony Stewart to face grand jury 54 min Pandora 3
Rocco laduca, who the f**% do you think you are?? (Dec '10) 1 hr Horsey 19
Rocco Delucca (Jul '09) 1 hr Horsey 13
OD's Rocco LaDuca drops the ball (Apr '10) 1 hr Horsey 11
Westmoreland Rd Elementary School Whitesboro - ... 1 hr utica parent 35
NOTRE DAME HIGH undefeated so far 3 hr toni 29
aloha I'm kristen copeland 3 hr dummypants 13