cruise ship disaster??

Posted in the Utica Forum

shipwrecked

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 15, 2013
OK the ship had a major unforseen mishap. these passengers didnt have the vacation they planned or visioned. but why the media coverage they recieved? step by step video of the docking etc. they are not heroes ...nor celebelties... nor floating in icy waters with just a life vest...not stranded on gilligans island....a true american hero was killed and buried last week Chris Kyle...many more military are returning from warzones and the media just glances at them...whitney houston gets a nation wide flags flying at half mast...ourmedia coverage is screwed up
hank hill

Brookfield, WI

#2 Feb 15, 2013
Yup
its only me

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 15, 2013
finally others get it too! these people are going back to their homes etc. look at the displaced people from natural disasters. small businesses that have had hardships. and yes all the returning military with little or no fanfare. those are the ones we need to hear about.they are getting full refund,anotherr cruise in the future,500.00 dollars plus im sure lawsuits will come about too

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 15, 2013
Heroes, no but victims, yes. I wouldn't sell their experience short. I am sure is was full of kinds of disgusting things. Sh*tting in bags and eating onion sandwiches does sound awful. The uncertainty and mass hysteria alone can be very stressful and frightening. I have spent many years on the water and getting stranded like that is one of my biggest fears, right up there with sinking and shark attacks.
Well Well Well

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 15, 2013
It was a major inconvenience, nothing more. No need for mass hysteria. They were on a luxury cruise ship and had food & shelter. Oh no, they had to do potty in a bucket for a few days. Oh no, their ice cream melted.

The only reason there was mass media coverage and why these people see themselves as victims is because we are a nation of victims, running to therapists and counselors and swallowing medications for every speed bump that life throws our way. We are a nation of cry babies.
Violet

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 15, 2013
You couldn't pay me enough to step on a cruise ship right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does Cliffy really do? 15 min Bye CP 5
Wktv News finally in Hi-Def ! 18 min Total Eclipse of ... 16
Corupt Utica area politicians 1 hr eyes 1
W. Jackson 1 hr eyes 5
Bagg Square soon to be center of United States 1 hr MrObvious 4
NFL Expansion Coming To Utica 3 hr Sad Utican 10
Boonville Man Charged With Rape 3 hr Sad Utican 1
Utica Comets leaving after 2016 season!... 3 hr Sad Utican 22
AHL Worldwide 3 hr Sad Utican 61
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 5 hr rosalind jefferson 39
listen to the teachers whining 8 hr Your ignorance is... 117
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:59 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:59PM
Why the NY Giants Absolutely Must Draft ILB Denzel Perryman