First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Newcomb, NY

#1 Jun 16, 2008
Not sure how this works, so anyone else that has knowledge of this jump in. What's up with the Bosnians going back to bosnia once a year for "four" weeks and claiming some form of citizenship there, collecting a large amount of money from bosnia and returning here to collect from us. I also understand once they are made citizens they bring there parents over here and they get to collect social security without ever paying a nickle into it. this is WRONG !
Your Wrong Information

AOL

#2 Jun 16, 2008
They go over for a remememberance, about three weeks long, to mmourn the war dead, visit sick and injured and generally keep in touch.

Sort of how this country used to be with each other, caring and concerned about family and friends in the old country. They have not been afflicted with the gross cynicisim that makes people think they are scamming, like Americans. We don't visit our families at all, they travel around the world to do so.
EastChewTican

United States

#3 Jun 16, 2008
The Bosnians saved East Utica and have pumped a lot of money in Utica's economy. They are hard working people. Of course they drive too fast.
They are wonderful

Redmond, WA

#5 Jun 16, 2008
The Bosnians are wonderful people they make thier homes look great and take pride in themselfs and their homes.They are hard workers and honest people.They work two or three jobs and many shifts at area hospital's and nursing homes.They are wonderful with people and have good manner which alot of people born here are lacking.So we should all be happy they are here,I know I am.
Ivory Soap

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jun 16, 2008
Thats all swell and all but they need to work the soap and deodorant into the skin a bit better.
Cheryl

Ithaca, NY

#7 Jun 16, 2008
I agree, Ivory Soap is cheep!
witchcraft

New York, NY

#8 Jun 16, 2008
Cheryl wrote:
I agree, Ivory Soap is cheep!
yes, but there's no scent...they need safegaurd, caress or irish spring. I really think that they have become Americanized now...all have cell phones, credit cards, shopping, drink, gmable,smoke, party, etc, etc
witchcraft

New York, NY

#9 Jun 16, 2008
Concerned wrote:
Not sure how this works, so anyone else that has knowledge of this jump in. What's up with the Bosnians going back to bosnia once a year for "four" weeks and claiming some form of citizenship there, collecting a large amount of money from bosnia and returning here to collect from us. I also understand once they are made citizens they bring there parents over here and they get to collect social security without ever paying a nickle into it. this is WRONG !
I had a Bosnian tenant whose parents came here and lived for over a year...the parents went back to Bosnia and the social security checks still came in the mail after they left. The checks kept coming for months and the daughter obviously cashed them. They have since bought a 2 family house and now live in a one family home. Just as any nationality...there are good, bad and corrupt and the corrupt will stereotype the hardworking, honest type.
Hello

Waterville, NY

#10 Jun 26, 2008
Their masonry work is beautiful, but plastic flowers stuck in front of their houses really need to go......geeeeezzzzzz
Disgusted

AOL

#11 Jun 26, 2008
witchcraft wrote:
<quoted text>I had a Bosnian tenant whose parents came here and lived for over a year...the parents went back to Bosnia and the social security checks still came in the mail after they left. The checks kept coming for months and the daughter obviously cashed them. They have since bought a 2 family house and now live in a one family home. Just as any nationality...there are good, bad and corrupt and the corrupt will stereotype the hardworking, honest type.
Isn't that wonderful that they can collect SS benefits while those of us who have been here forever, are old or disabled, have to fight for everything. Whatta country!!!!! Wonder what we'd get if we went to Bosnia?
WATCHER

East Syracuse, NY

#12 Jun 26, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that wonderful that they can collect SS benefits while those of us who have been here forever, are old or disabled, have to fight for everything. Whatta country!!!!! Wonder what we'd get if we went to Bosnia?
shot

“Don't Drink and Topix”

Since: Dec 08

Bosnia

#13 Dec 12, 2008
Concerned wrote:
Ok let me explain this one!!
First of all alot of people do go back every year or so, this is because they still have parents, kids, grandparents, whatever back in Bosnia. We like to keep in touch with family members, its the most important thing to us. I've been there once in 2004, first time in 11 years. I have no close family in Bosnia so no point for me waisting money.

Second of all why would we claim Bosnian citizenship? We are BOSNIANS we have OUR citizenships already, thats what makes us BOSNIAN. And what large amounts of money are you talking about? If we could have large amounts of money there we would have stayed there. We moved here for the same reasons most people did back in the day(italians,irish,germans,etc ) because there is no money there, no jobs, nothing. It's ridiculous. The only thing we collect here is our paychecks. well earned and deserved doing honest work.

And third of all once you get a US citizenship you can only bring your spouse over if you get married over there... Do some research buddy, go to the refugee center and ask one of the directors how we live her or meet some Bosnians and see what they do for a living. I just hate how some people think America is for Americans. Who are the Americans??????? Everyone here came from somewhere. Unless you are a native American, keep your mouth shut on that subject..
bad system

Rome, NY

#14 Dec 12, 2008
These people who collect ss and ssi who do not deserve it or have never worked have gone to the SS dept on Broad St with some really good paperwork!! The people that work there should weed them out better. That is their job.
Bosnjo

United States

#15 Dec 12, 2008
Concerned wrote:
It's called going on vacation you poor slave. Have you ever gone on a well-deserved vacation after a year of working?
Collecting large amount of money from Bosnia? You have got to be kidding me! Explain to me how that works? There is no money to collect there, wake up.

This board has some of the least informed people I have ever seen. A bunch of idiots posting "with their heads cut off" and claiming they are experts on a specific topic.
RussianBoi

Camillus, NY

#16 Dec 12, 2008
Concerned wrote:
yo if you don't know what you are talking about then you need to shut the fu.k up. To qualify for SSA benefits, applicant must be an US citizen unless he/she worked in the US over ten years or has 40 qualify quarters; he/she married to a qualify spouse. Stop spread false rumor!!!Ass.ole
Alan

Moravia, NY

#17 Dec 16, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you went there before the war in 1992. you could get free medical care and free education. If you had more of the later you would not have to fight for nothing today in your own country. I don't know what would you get if you went there today ...
Ja Sam

Ithaca, NY

#18 Sep 13, 2009
95% Percent of people are misinformed or simply jealous and/or ignorant. As someone already stated go to the Refugee Center and ask what it takes, also the Federal Building will be more then happy to tell you what it takes to earn SSI and SSD !!

You have to work here or be really sick to be able to get SSD. Either way you must be a legal resident for a much longer time then anyone would give u a VISA for so obviously you dont know whats going on so dont judge people and dont jump to conclusions.
Haha

Ithaca, NY

#19 Sep 13, 2009
That is why I laugh at them when the "think" they are looking down on my American Azz. While I have met a few and become friends with many of them through work or other social obligations, I respect only those that are generally of the older generation (27 years plus essentially).

However for the younger ones, read this and take note of those before you, how did they embrace their new found opportunities? You should feel blessed everyday, contribute to our society, volunteer, and especially, welcome others to our country as you have been welcomed yourselves. Your hard work, attention to detail is but an asset, your intellect is considered of value here too, present ideas, present thoughts, present individualism, be free from social norms.
Some Stupid individuals

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Nov 24, 2009
I can't believe that you actually took time and tried to explain this.
Don't you get it, ppl will believe what they want to believe. If they get the facts then they won't have anything to talk about.

I met lot of nice American ppl and this culture got to go. They don't see anything wrong with it but you know what I mean.

Oh yeah, Americans are not welcome in bosnian and there aren't any blacks for a reason. Who is smart?
Typical Bosnian wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all alot of people do go back every year or so, this is because they still have parents, kids, grandparents, whatever back in Bosnia. We like to keep in touch with family members, its the most important thing to us. I've been there once in 2004, first time in 11 years. I have no close family in Bosnia so no point for me waisting money.
Second of all why would we claim Bosnian citizenship? We are BOSNIANS we have OUR citizenships already, thats what makes us BOSNIAN. And what large amounts of money are you talking about? If we could have large amounts of money there we would have stayed there. We moved here for the same reasons most people did back in the day(italians,irish,germans,etc ) because there is no money there, no jobs, nothing. It's ridiculous. The only thing we collect here is our paychecks. well earned and deserved doing honest work.
And third of all once you get a US citizenship you can only bring your spouse over if you get married over there... Do some research buddy, go to the refugee center and ask one of the directors how we live her or meet some Bosnians and see what they do for a living. I just hate how some people think America is for Americans. Who are the Americans??????? Everyone here came from somewhere. Unless you are a native American, keep your mouth shut on that subject..
wedge

United States

#21 Nov 24, 2009
Typical Bosnian wrote:
<quoted text>
Most where born here and not handed everything by a scum government, you and your wedgehead kind are good for talking loser jobs,there are a number of country's that have great people that come here and don't get anything and are intelligent,your hole isn't one of them. The only thing your pathetic country can do is get attacked,too bad it wasn't wiped off the face.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
suicide is the most selfish thing and a cowards... (Sep '11) 3 min Oh Yeah 52
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 4 min MISSING TACO 222
Shame on Fire Chief Russell Brooks 7 min mizz nosey 4
Who lives at 121 B-------- --. W'boro? 11 min Oh yeah 13
The Clifton Blitz Post Dance Frustration! 25 min Oh Yeah 78
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 2 hr Honest Babe 5,791
Obama Greatest President In History 3 hr ZIGGY 3
What's the coward Parole Officers name? 3 hr Billy HAMBONE Wil... 58
Brindisi Sentenced 5 hr Beer Bellied Utican 12
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:50 am PST

NBC Sports 8:50AM
Osi Umenyiora tells Jonathan Massaquoi to keep complaints private
NBC Sports12:29 PM
Giants safety Rolle not listening to the critics - NBC Sports
ESPN12:35 PM
Rolle wants to finish his career with Giants
Bleacher Report 3:02 PM
Michael Vick Reportedly Has Paid off Almost Entire $17.8M Debt Owed to Creditors
NBC Sports 3:57 PM
Win and hope: Bills focus solely on facing Raiders - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:27 PM
Revis heads back to MetLife Stadium as Jets' enemy - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:03 PM
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report 9:00 PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 9:09 PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
NBC Sports 9:10 PM
Lions claim Josh Thomas off waivers from the Jets