Utica Comets Will Fail
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kotary

Herkimer, NY

#21 Jul 13, 2013
Never going to succeed....... A joke like the rest Utica! I can see all of the Bosnians and Vietnamese going to the games!!!! They looovvvveee a good hockey game! Nitwits of Utica- get out now!!!!!!!
yapper flapper

New Hartford, NY

#22 Jul 19, 2013
Hater's gonna HATE!!
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Lexington, MA

#23 Jul 19, 2013
Kotary wrote:
Never going to succeed....... A joke like the rest Utica! I can see all of the Bosnians and Vietnamese going to the games!!!! They looovvvveee a good hockey game! Nitwits of Utica- get out now!!!!!!!
well if you think for one second that the comets are counting on bosnian and vietnamese refugees as their fan base you must be completely clueless. the only reason these people live in utica is because they cant afford to live out side that dump of a city.the fan base is the suburbs and surrounding area where the quality of life is much much better. hockey is a large part of winter life in the area. Clinton, New Hartford, Whitesboro high schools all have state championships in the last 10-15 yrs and all have rinks as well as rome.then theres Morrisville, hamilton and colgate college rinks. seems to me that someone likes hockey in the area to keep all of those rinks in business.
lame

Ardsley, NY

#24 Jul 19, 2013
Hockey worked because it was UC college hockey, something that has been part of our town for a long time. The simple days of getting in free as a UC student or paying a simple 5 dollar general admission free are over. Now we have to search on ticketmaster and end up getting terrible seats while paying additional fees. I'm not bothering with the comets, though I hope they do well, I don't think they will.
hockey fan

Utica, NY

#25 Jul 19, 2013
lame wrote:
Hockey worked because it was UC college hockey, something that has been part of our town for a long time. The simple days of getting in free as a UC student or paying a simple 5 dollar general admission free are over. Now we have to search on ticketmaster and end up getting terrible seats while paying additional fees. I'm not bothering with the comets, though I hope they do well, I don't think they will.
See ya there!
Level 3

Meriden, CT

#26 Jul 19, 2013
lame wrote:
nothing should change as far as utica college is concerned. Tickets will remain affordable for those fans. Why do you think it will be any differant?
lame

Ardsley, NY

#27 Jul 19, 2013
sticks35 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing should change as far as utica college is concerned. Tickets will remain affordable for those fans. Why do you think it will be any differant?
It is different, before last year, tickets were general admission 5 dollars. I get there early, pay the $5 and get the seats I want. Now order tickets through ticket master where u can't ever find good seats, pay their service fees and then I still have to pick up tickets anyway. It would be much easier the old way of general admission $5 dollar tickets. I only went once last year, because of that experience. So whose getting the good seats??? Because I searched when seat sales opened and ticket master was only selling certain seats, so matter what day I checked. The good seats aren't being sold
To general public, instead they are being saved for those some bodies of utica.
Level 3

Great Barrington, MA

#28 Jul 20, 2013
lame wrote:
<quoted text>
It is different, before last year, tickets were general admission 5 dollars. I get there early, pay the $5 and get the seats I want. Now order tickets through ticket master where u can't ever find good seats, pay their service fees and then I still have to pick up tickets anyway. It would be much easier the old way of general admission $5 dollar tickets. I only went once last year, because of that experience. So whose getting the good seats??? Because I searched when seat sales opened and ticket master was only selling certain seats, so matter what day I checked. The good seats aren't being sold
well that has nothing to do with the comets. Uc went to assigned seats last year. But the aud had no internet service and a outdated ticketmaster program. That is being corrected this summer. I got good seats for uc just by stopping at the aud 5 days b4 the game....
derek

Herkimer, NY

#29 Jul 20, 2013
There is no terrible seat in the Aud. It's not Cowboys Stadium for god sakes. If you're that concerned with seating, something tells me you know nothing about hockey and/or you are just trying to be a douche on Topix.
Go Comets

Waterville, NY

#30 Jul 20, 2013
lame wrote:
<quoted text>
UC change to assigned seating last year had nothing to do with the Comets coming. It happened long before the talk of the AHL in Utica. They went to assigned seating after trying to squeeze a couple hundred people above capacity into the Aud at the teddy bear toss night and there wasn't enough seats for everyone.
Roman Crunch Fan

Holland Patent, NY

#31 Jul 20, 2013
I just might catch a Comets game when they play Rochester, but believe you me, I've been a Syracuse Crunch fan since their very beginning (when the Utica Devils folded), and I'm not going to change teams all of a sudden. If Syracuse plays the Comets in Utica (chances are they will), I'm still wearing my Crunch colors, baby! You Uticans don't like it, tough, and I hope Syracuse cleans their clocks! Also, don't bother to throw any of that cheap Saranac on me in the stands; at five bucks a cup, I'm not worth it. GO CRRRRRUNCH!!!
Roman Crunch Fan

Holland Patent, NY

#32 Jul 20, 2013
The UC Pioneers men's hockey team rules! When the Comets suck, you can always see UC win some games. I will still support the Pioneers. Any of you who are thinking of forsaking the Pioneers in favor of the Comets, you're crazy!!!
Level 3

Clinton, MA

#33 Jul 20, 2013
Roman Crunch Fan wrote:
I just might catch a Comets game when they play Rochester, but believe you me, I've been a Syracuse Crunch fan since their very beginning (when the Utica Devils folded), and I'm not going to change teams all of a sudden. If Syracuse plays the Comets in Utica (chances are they will), I'm still wearing my Crunch colors, baby! You Uticans don't like it, tough, and I hope Syracuse cleans their clocks! Also, don't bother to throw any of that cheap Saranac on me in the stands; at five bucks a cup, I'm not worth it. GO CRRRRRUNCH!!!
no body cares who you root for, there are fans of both teams at every game.
Level 3

Clinton, MA

#34 Jul 20, 2013
Roman Crunch Fan wrote:
The UC Pioneers men's hockey team rules! When the Comets suck, you can always see UC win some games. I will still support the Pioneers. Any of you who are thinking of forsaking the Pioneers in favor of the Comets, you're crazy!!!
i went to devils games and uc games. i prefer the ahl as opposed to college kids. its a completely different level of talent. its not about wins and loses for me. i enjoy a higher talent level than college hockey. for you it is about wins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Syracuse War Memorial Arena Improvements 13 min AHLer 15
Ray on ridge 23 min Suspicious 2
Beer tanks floating down the Erie Canal - big n... 1 hr 5 years gone 18
4 yo CHILD ABUSED BY SOWBOON IN BRICK HOUSING 1 hr ONLY BY NONEVO 95
Samantha Colostomy Testa: SNOOKIE - only fatter! 2 hr Dana 2
3-year-old girl died as a "result of complicati... 2 hr ONLY BY NONEVO 21
Work On Aud Improvements 2 hr An Even Better Bu... 464
Joette Mancuso 5 hr Fact 67
OMG! Naked Lexie O'Conner, Jill Reale, and Hill... (Aug '12) 15 hr Oral Roberts 27
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 21 hr Scotts Smirk Slapped 708

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages