J K Lumber / How stupid are THEY!!!
Directory

New York, NY

#21 Apr 4, 2009
bob the bulider wrote:
Ill tell you one thing, Id trust JK to give me 2x4's (or any other lumber) right off the stack without even inspecting them, try that at lowes or home depot, your lucky if you can find one in ten in their "select" pile of crap. Why is everyone fooled by these stores, prices are the same too! To prove I have no affiliation with JK, try Turner in Barneveld too, Great lumber - Frig lowes-home depot crap!!
Well Bob what you say may be true, but J K is on their way out.
I know.
Hillbilly

Truxton, NY

#22 Apr 4, 2009
Bobbie, Bobbie, relax man ! Yer only talkin' bout wood ! Holy shit, wat if ya had a REAL problem like me.[ swollen testicles ] Come on up and i'll give ya a cup ah mountins best ta help ya settle down !
Oliver

Manlius, NY

#23 Apr 4, 2009
Boomer wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a funny joke? OH sorry forgot to laugh!
The guy's a moron!
You're the idiot. The original poster was totally busting balls and you and several others were STUPID enough to actually believe it. You are the moron - moron. LOL!!!
Bo the Builder

Whitesboro, NY

#24 Apr 4, 2009
bob the bulider wrote:
Ill tell you one thing, Id trust JK to give me 2x4's (or any other lumber) right off the stack without even inspecting them, try that at lowes or home depot, your lucky if you can find one in ten in their "select" pile of crap. Why is everyone fooled by these stores, prices are the same too! To prove I have no affiliation with JK, try Turner in Barneveld too, Great lumber - Frig lowes-home depot crap!!
I agree. My friend built a garage last year and the lumber from home depot and lowes was a mess -twisted, bowed, junk!
anybody remember

AOL

#25 Apr 4, 2009
when JK & Grossman's were the ONLY places to buy lumber & hardware? I can remember having to WAIT n wait n wait to get waited on. NOW--they hardly have any business and the sales ppl RUSH over to u begging to help ya! Times sure have changed.
Casual Observer

Westernville, NY

#26 Apr 4, 2009
Directory wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Bob what you say may be true, but J K is on their way out.
I know.
They are not going out, you do not know anything
Directory

New York, NY

#27 Apr 4, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not going out, you do not know anything
Wanna bet???
Perez Sez

White Plains, NY

#28 Apr 4, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
I hope this is a joke... That you are just kidding.
For the sake of stupidity I'm guessing your not and they wanted to know if you wanted 8 foot long, 10 foot long and etc. Not how long you wanted to keep them dumb ass
hahahahahaha tHATS FABULOUS
Hillbilly

Truxton, NY

#30 Apr 5, 2009
Hee Hee Hee-Deanie the Weanie better get 'is shit tagedder or that place is gunna be quiet as the shit house in silent nite ! I seed SNAILS with mo' ambition than that kid ! Spoon fed weasel .
pffft

New York, NY

#31 Apr 5, 2009
Since Lowes & Home Depot arrived, Jay-K no longer can screw everybody anymore. They've always been on the expensive side for many years and now I hardly see a whole lot going on in there except maybe for their loyal customers.

I don't think they'll close down but I think they'll downsize.
Directory

New York, NY

#32 Apr 5, 2009
pffft wrote:
Since Lowes & Home Depot arrived, Jay-K no longer can screw everybody anymore. They've always been on the expensive side for many years and now I hardly see a whole lot going on in there except maybe for their loyal customers.
I don't think they'll close down but I think they'll downsize.
No!
It is my opinion that they will close soon.
You will see.
Look at all the plants and shyt they are selling now.
Trying to supplement their dwindling hardware sales.
Pyramid

United States

#33 Apr 5, 2009
The "plants" that Jay-K sells are not theirs. They lease the front parking lot to the landscape company that grows and installs the trees/shrubs/plants. Like you said it is "your opinion" that they will close soon just like it is "my opinion" that you do not have a clue about their business or what you are talking about.
teo

United States

#34 Apr 5, 2009
JK does have about the best quality lumber around and their prices are a little higher but then again you get what you pay for. They also have more specialty woods and they will cut it to length for you.

their delivery crews have always been pretty good and they will deliver it for a small fee.

I don't think that they'll be going out of business anytime soon because they have a lot of contractors that purchase there and that tells me something.

I do think that when Grossman's closed and before the big boxers JK did take advantage of the lack of competition and raised their prices.

Now that they have to hustle a bit more the service is a lot better and I actually like good service.

Funny thing that is.
Directory

New York, NY

#35 Apr 5, 2009
Pyramid wrote:
The "plants" that Jay-K sells are not theirs. They lease the front parking lot to the landscape company that grows and installs the trees/shrubs/plants. Like you said it is "your opinion" that they will close soon just like it is "my opinion" that you do not have a clue about their business or what you are talking about.
OK, that being said, "YOU'RE" role in all this will be very simple.
Just wait and see.
Directory

New York, NY

#36 Apr 5, 2009
J K = Mom and Pop

Lowes + Home Depot = Walmart

Walmart = Monopoly

"Can you say Swallow" !!!!!!
PEE WEE

Truxton, NY

#37 Apr 6, 2009
Swallow ? That's DEANS job. Hee Hee
Raid4ragpolls

Utica, NY

#38 Apr 6, 2009
I mean ya know wrote:
This place is unbelievable.
I mean how dumb can you get.
I went in there the other day and told the guy I needed some 2 by 4's.
he asked me how long I want them.
DUH!!!!!
I told him, "Well I'll need them for quite a while, I'm building a friggin Garage"
Some people are sooooo stupid.
Oh, a wise guy!!! NYUK NYUK NYUK
Pathfinder Development

Cortland, NY

#39 May 16, 2012
Bob
your right best mat! they were first & always
the best
In the Know

United States

#40 May 16, 2012
Commenting on a two year old post??? Why?
Chris

Pulaski, NY

#41 May 11, 2013
This is for the genius that thinks that the worker at j-k lumber is soooo stupid because the employee asked him how long he wanted his boards.do two by fours only come in one length on the planet you are from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
west utica scooby 10 min BARBQUE 1
Talk of the Town 30 min Curious 12
100.7 wutq? 32 min Curious 4
WUTQ changing format? 36 min Curious 1
The U P D cover-up 1 hr UPD Fan Fail 77
Forty Seven Thousand Love UPD * TOPIX FAILURES ... 1 hr SEEWOMEN BURNED 3
utica /\|lGGERS HEAR NO NANO MONEY FOR THEM 1 hr SEEWOMEN BURNED 92
Tenney 4 hr A Proud Deplorable 64
teddy talerico good hes dead 4 hr will help 39
What happened to Charlestown Outlet? (Apr '09) 5 hr SEAGIRL BIG TOP 57