Utica Mayoral could learn from Albany

Utica Mayoral could learn from Albany

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
McCheese

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2013
Albany finds an effective Mayor and sticks with him. They've had just 3 Mayors over the past 72 years!!

Corning - 42 year term - 1941 - 1983
Whalen - 11 year term - 1983 - 1993
Jennings - 19 year term - 1994 - present
Rome Observer

AOL

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Few Mayors get re-elected in Utica.
they quit after thieving

Syracuse, NY

#3 Jan 11, 2013
Or they just plain ole quit like Roefaro did after he rob the entire city of their savings, beef up public saftey contracts, and ran up a 6 million dollar debt. They only let Mayors in Utica rob you 4 years at a time and then you are let go after 8 years to give someone else a chance to give their family and freinds jobs and money. Utica is unique, they spread the wealth around but still keep it in the family circle.
Hanna was best mayor ever

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jan 12, 2013
Rome Observer wrote:
Few Mayors get re-elected in Utica.
Hanna was the best Mayor ever. He actually cared about the taxpayers, brought in businesses, and built structures around the city residents are still using and making money today. Yes, a few mistakes but he wasn't a thief like the last three lackies.
Remmbering

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jan 12, 2013
Hanna left ofice in disgrace and was forced to resign.
Hanna was best mayor ever

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Like Roefaro quitting and after spending 12 million dollars in reserve funds and a 6 million dollar debt isn't 10 times as disgraceful. Hanna did more as Mayor than the last three put together. Just because one gay faggot made allegations that were never proved to be true doesn't not amount to a pimple on an ants ass. He kept taxes low, the city clean, and moved us forward as no other in our history. You said it right though when you say he was forced to resign because he was blackmailed and politically motivated. He didn't want to waste his time defending untrue allegations and the assholes that brought them. He could hold his head high and with dignity not to play the politcal games of the fuctard Utica politics. Best Mayor ever, period.
Wow

Fairfax, VA

#7 Jan 12, 2013
Three mayors in 72 years must be a record!
every two years

Syracuse, NY

#8 Jan 12, 2013
Our mayors have been so bad these past 5 years taxpayers should want a new Mayor every two years if there lied by them and they don't perform. Roefaro if stopped within the first 2 years of his term would have saved taxpayers major bucks and would never been able to steal that much money and run up that much debt.
Hmmm

Fairfax, VA

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Hanna was best mayor ever wrote:
Like Roefaro quitting and after spending 12 million dollars in reserve funds and a 6 million dollar debt isn't 10 times as disgraceful. Hanna did more as Mayor than the last three put together. Just because one gay faggot made allegations that were never proved to be true doesn't not amount to a pimple on an ants ass. He kept taxes low, the city clean, and moved us forward as no other in our history. You said it right though when you say he was forced to resign because he was blackmailed and politically motivated. He didn't want to waste his time defending untrue allegations and the assholes that brought them. He could hold his head high and with dignity not to play the politcal games of the fuctard Utica politics. Best Mayor ever, period.
There was 4 me that came forward. Also he was accused of the same thing during his first time as mayor. He also went on national tv and spoke bad about the city of utica. He gave Tom Clark a sweetheart deal with the adirondack bank building. He also spent 100k on a watering can. Don't forget the marina, rec center etc. all the other deals that were built wrong and over budget. He stole from his own family. Kodak. Etc etc etc.
Hmmm

Fairfax, VA

#10 Jan 13, 2013
*men
Joe

AOL

#11 Jan 13, 2013
Hanna had a sex problem and it costs the city tax dollars to settle.His name should be removed from public bldgs as Mattie Browns was.
losers

Syracuse, NY

#12 Jan 13, 2013
Topix is just full of losers that can't see there hand in front of there face. Roefaro was the worse Mayor ever and Hanna the most, should I say accomplished mayor ever for all you homofobes. You barely had your brains out your mothers asses before you were born when Hanna was doing great things for Utica. Utica use to have pride and called the handshake city under Hanna, the fourth safest city in the country under Hanna, the lowest taxes ever under Hanna, all while UPD&UFD compliments were much lower. Facts are facts and we still benefit today for all he has done like Clark now given the deal by Hanna now buying the Harza building and paying his fair share of taxes for the Adirondack building, the rec center home of a very sucessful senior and youth programs, the watering can still operational and working at the Utica zoo, the marina has a very successful restraught still open, so what do you say the problem is. His record stands for itself and under Roefaro the syphoning of over 12 million dollars in reserves and a 6 million dollar debt stands by itself. Unless you are fucing retarded and can't see who the best Mayor ever was you should go back and start in first grade where I know it was long and hard for you. Quit talking our your asses when the only thing you know is momma bought you a computer and you use it in her basement and feeds you with her benefit card.
uha

Troy, NY

#13 Jan 13, 2013
Jennings is a crooked piece of crap
Who

Utica, NY

#14 Jan 13, 2013
uha wrote:
Jennings is a crooked piece of crap
Peter Jennings?
uha

Troy, NY

#15 Jan 13, 2013
No Jerry Jennings the Mayor of Albany no idea who peter jennings is
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter Jennings?
CapDis

United States

#16 Jan 13, 2013
uha wrote:
Jennings is a crooked piece of crap
Peter Jennings is a newscaster. Albany has thrived under Jennings. Did he fire your sister-in-law? There's never been a scandal... just good management and oversight. Decent guy, too.
good news

Syracuse, NY

#17 Jan 13, 2013
CapDis wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter Jennings is a newscaster. Albany has thrived under Jennings. Did he fire your sister-in-law? There's never been a scandal... just good management and oversight. Decent guy, too.
Some Utica taxpayers haven't or will never see such dignity or hope in there entire lives. Politics and dynasties of friends and family plans have rules for over 60 years as the exodus of residents and there children left or our leaving a once proud city. Now we just get the undeserving, incompetant, unqualified, to dig the hole deeper and deeper and deeper every single year putting more on welfare, eating more and more of the working middle classes disposables incomes, and expecting different result of a sucken titnaic which has been on the bottom of the ocean for years. we were once a treasure and now just a home of broken dreams because of dynasties and the same ole same ole self self centered misers like grinches without a heart and courage to change.
utica fact

Syracuse, NY

#18 Jan 14, 2013
Joe wrote:
Hanna had a sex problem and it costs the city tax dollars to settle.His name should be removed from public bldgs as Mattie Browns was.
That's his personal business. It's way better than a tax and spending problem which killed an entire city and the white middle class. I know you don't have sex or that wouldn't be a problem either. What's a sex problem anyways, it's natural?
Tom

AOL

#19 Jan 14, 2013
He always cashed his paychecks.He deceived the public trust and his character was sinful for a Mayor.
Manny

Utica, NY

#20 Jan 15, 2013
I agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keeler calls Joe Marino (Utica Councilman) out ... 6 min Decisions 115
ghetto MOST DISGUSTING BROKEN ECONOMIC FAILURE ... 16 min No Wegmans 4 Fatso 35
Wegmans Coming To Whitesboro 18 min No Wegmans 4 Fatso 145
vernon downs 21 min lost my money there 1
she BOON HURTS BABY AT ILLEGAL DAYCARE 21 min Pipe dreams 5
name AFRICAN MOON LANDING YEARS LMAO 22 min Pipe dreams 1
ooo THE AFRICAN AIRCRAFT CARRIER THE WOMBAT 2 24 min Pipe dreams 1
Claudia Bad Mouthing 40 min Claudia already won 32
Police Cover-up in New Hartford 56 min In Utero 57
Dr. Talarico Married to LaBella's Cousin (Jun '09) 8 hr Newsy 88

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages