KROCKATHON 15 Tickets on Sale Tomorrow!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
KROCK

Liverpool, NY

#1 Jun 11, 2010
Even those that have TRIED to hate on this can't. You may not like Limp Bizkit, but 15 bands..42 bucks with 30 dollar Early Birds tomorrow, can't beat it. Don't ask about 10 bands for 10 bucks..that was 1995 and the bands were NEVER this BIG!

Huge show and we will see ya there.

Krockathon.com for details!
The Source

Miami Beach, FL

#2 Jun 11, 2010
Crockathon, indeed.
KROCK

Liverpool, NY

#3 Jun 11, 2010
Some of you will hate with no basis, and no facts to back it up...keep trying...Great show and nothing you can say will change it
Lol

Antwerp, NY

#4 Jun 11, 2010
Quantity over quality is nothing to be proud of. Sorry, but it seems like a weak lineup. But in your defense, if someone likes 2 out of the 15 bands, then it is a good deal for them.
The Source

Miami Beach, FL

#5 Jun 11, 2010
Don't cry, KROCK. Some of us have been annoyed by rap metal even back when it was considered "cool" in the 90s.
KROCK

Liverpool, NY

#6 Jun 11, 2010
Talk intelligently ..weak how? Limp Bizkit doesn't appeal to EVERYONE...but ALOT of people want to see them. Avenged is one of the biggest rock bands around, Flyleaf have sold over 2 million records, Hollywood Undead went gold, even with a niche audience. Ed from Live has sold 10's of millions of albums and is at this point is a godfather in the modern rock world. And that is just the TOP of the lineup, this one is quanity AND quality and you can't intelligently dispute it!

If you just don't like rock thats fine, but as far as a ROCK lineup goes, this is tops.
The Source

Miami Beach, FL

#7 Jun 11, 2010
That trype isn't rock. Rock is Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, Guns N Roses... that stuff isn't.
KROCK

Liverpool, NY

#8 Jun 11, 2010
So you don't like Modern Rock or anything past 1988..your opinion is discounted.

Anyone else want to take a shot?
The Source

Miami Beach, FL

#9 Jun 11, 2010
Get White Stripes on the bill.... oh wait, you can't get them at the 90s-band discount. Just go hawk your tickets like a good little radio station employee and stop insisting people here be interested in the cheesefest lineup you put together. This is your fault for trying to advertise for free... punk.
The Source

Miami Beach, FL

#10 Jun 11, 2010
lol at "your opinion is discounted" by the way. is it like 70 per cent off? your mastery of the english language is equivelent to your taste in music.
shinedown

Utica, NY

#11 Jun 11, 2010
just save your money and go see shinedown aug 6th or uproar fest with
Main stage[2]
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold
Stone Sour
Halestorm
Jägermeister stage[2]
Hellyeah
Airbourne
Hail the Villain
KROCK

New York, NY

#12 Jun 11, 2010
Save your money? Those tix are more expensive and its 7 bands instead of 15..and 3 of them are playing KROCKATHON

Source..you picked the ONE band you like post 1988...bad news chief..2 bands that were out pre-2000 are on the lineup..the rest are modern and some of the biggest bands in rock my friend
KROCK

New York, NY

#13 Jun 11, 2010
btw genius if you knew ANYTHING about music, you would know the Stripes have been on hiatus for a few years now bc of Meg White's anxiety.

Also...sorry you have a limited view of the English language and can only attribute one definition at a time to a word...from Websters

dis·count
3 a : to leave out of account : disregard b : to minimize the importance of <shouldn't discount his contributions>

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 11, 2010
Wow KROCK, with your attitude I am surprised that you even have customers. Hopefully this isn't the official KROCK spokesperson posting here!
KROCK

New York, NY

#15 Jun 12, 2010
We are allowed to have attitude when given attitude, no?

If you listen to KROCK, it's all about attitude!

Just pointing out to the guy that says we don't know music or the English language, that he is a dope! Is that so bad?:)
The Source

Miami Beach, FL

#16 Jun 12, 2010
Listen Webster, no one gives a toot about your dictionary or your crappy little rock show. Go cry somewhere else! All you are doing is turning people off to your radio station... you're in for a rude awakening on Monday, bozo!
The Source

Miami Beach, FL

#17 Jun 12, 2010
And as for "keeping up with rock" - you're right, I don't! I'm in my 30s and have a real job, music is something that comes on when I'm doing something else. I'm not some manchild with rock n roll posters hanging in my bedroom, I'm not interested in the personal lives of rock stars or their "anxiety issues" - live your own life, stop trying to exist vicariously through grown men in makeup and ripped jeans. Loser!
KROCK

New York, NY

#18 Jun 12, 2010
Hey Chief..you are the one that decided to run his mouth first, go back and look if you forget. Then you got smacked down on every point, and you have nothing intelligent left to say.

Ahhh..so now gong to a concert, means you are trying to live vicariously through someone? Just give it up man..you are the worst debater since Admiral Stockdale.
The Source

Miami Beach, FL

#19 Jun 12, 2010
What about the posters you have in your bedroom? Stick to the subject at hand, if you want to talk about bad debating look up "straw man tactic" which is what you just employed. I never said going to a concert makes you anything, I'm talking about your whole shtick.
When I try and picture you, all I can see is Duane Schrute from The Office when he was in The Rocker.
Lol

Utica, NY

#20 Jun 12, 2010
KROCK wrote:
Talk intelligently ..weak how? Limp Bizkit doesn't appeal to EVERYONE...but ALOT of people want to see them. Avenged is one of the biggest rock bands around, Flyleaf have sold over 2 million records, Hollywood Undead went gold, even with a niche audience. Ed from Live has sold 10's of millions of albums and is at this point is a godfather in the modern rock world. And that is just the TOP of the lineup, this one is quanity AND quality and you can't intelligently dispute it!
If you just don't like rock thats fine, but as far as a ROCK lineup goes, this is tops.
Talk intelligently? Please explain. If I disagree with you, I'm not intelligent? Exactly how do you deem my post to be "not intelligent"? Let me guess here. You're about 23 and don't have any idea about music other than what you deem "good" and what your station has on the playlist. As for me "not liking rock", you're completely wrong. I love rock, which is why I have issue with the lineup and consider it "weak". A couple of strong acts, but lots of "irrelavant filler".
I agree with you that Avenged is a draw. Mike Portnoy just recorded with them and is also touring with them, so that will work. Halestorm will also be a draw, but other than that, there are no other "relevant" acts on the bill. That's only my personal opinion, doesn't mean that will be everybody's opinion. The other bands are are "C-Listers" at best. As for Limp and Kowalski, they were very relevant in their "day". But as happens with a lot of acts, that has passed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gordon's Tap Room 22 min Bozo 11
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 33 min Benji 39
aly 2 hr all her kids 1
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 3 hr Hidingbehindtinte... 11
Michael "Sosa been stackin" Austin (Jan '14) 3 hr Vanilla ice 11
WKTV (Same as it ever was) (Sep '11) 4 hr DinkDink 75
News Four victims identified in Utica apartment buil... (Sep '09) 4 hr truth hurts liberals 15

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages