Sangertown getting ready to close?

Posted in the Utica Forum

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Sep 13, 2013
I'm not saying this is true, but I've noticed some weird stuff going on over there. Have you noticed they are taking out ALL the decorations?(Both old fountains in front of JCPenney's and Sears are gone, all those benches with wood chips/plants are gone, and that one little sitting area in front of Victoria's Secret) They probably are either getting every thing out and closing in a few years, or they're getting ready for some big remodel. The remodel is more likely, or maybe they're just taking everything out? In my opinion, the mall is very bland (not that it already is) with put decorations, but whatever. What happens, happens.
true

Red Hook, NY

#2 Sep 13, 2013
VinnyMB wrote:
I'm not saying this is true, but I've noticed some weird stuff going on over there. Have you noticed they are taking out ALL the decorations?(Both old fountains in front of JCPenney's and Sears are gone, all those benches with wood chips/plants are gone, and that one little sitting area in front of Victoria's Secret) They probably are either getting every thing out and closing in a few years, or they're getting ready for some big remodel. The remodel is more likely, or maybe they're just taking everything out? In my opinion, the mall is very bland (not that it already is) with put decorations, but whatever. What happens, happens.
Traffic is down. Retail strip malls are taking over. It's going to return back to its original habitat...a swamp.
Mall man

New York, NY

#3 Sep 13, 2013
It's just a remodel

Level 7

Since: Apr 13

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2013
Mall man wrote:
It's just a remodel
agree

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5 Sep 14, 2013
true wrote:
<quoted text>
Traffic is down. Retail strip malls are taking over. It's going to return back to its original habitat...a swamp.
I wouldn't say that... Look at Riverside, business is slower there. That's besides Wal-Mart and Lowe's.
Bbo

New York, NY

#6 Sep 14, 2013
Wish they would do a remodel and get some decent stores.....place is stuck in 1980.....only then it had good stores.......was in there during the storms and it was pouring just as hard inside as it was outside.....store workers were saying it happens all the time...place needs some real good maintenance too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keeler making fool of Harmony Speciale Wins Bes... (Dec '13) 53 min Tito 4
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 1 hr lesly 61
Fecalhole Utica Cant Keep SEARS wants a "Super ... 2 hr Try again 3
barb, joan, and tazz 3 hr Ultra trash Uticans 3
Utica Welfare Comets website all gone. 3 hr Way to go Ace 1
breaking point 3 hr More Utican Whiners 13
my husband has been cheating on me with a man (Aug '12) 5 hr Singer 86
TVL Baseball 5 hr CNY Warrior 14
Ninos now Oscugnizzos coming soon? 9 hr John 3
Dr gs weight loss center (Mar '13) 17 hr wpgrasshopper 66