wake up america

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

did any one happen to notice at the Bass Pro Shop grand opening, that Miss New York did not have her hand over her heart during the national anthem. This lady is representing New York State as well as our Country. One would think that a person with the honor of representing our state and maybe even our country would have more respect for the colors of our great nation. She should be ashamed and her title stripped. If this is the quality and character chosen represent us (ex.Miss USA or Miss World) then all that is Holy in this world is lost.
Mr Common Sense

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

wake up america wrote:
did any one happen to notice at the Bass Pro Shop grand opening, that Miss New York did not have her hand over her heart during the national anthem. This lady is representing New York State as well as our Country. One would think that a person with the honor of representing our state and maybe even our country would have more respect for the colors of our great nation. She should be ashamed and her title stripped. If this is the quality and character chosen represent us (ex.Miss USA or Miss World) then all that is Holy in this world is lost.
Maybe her religious or other views preclude her from placing her hand over her heart. That's fine. Isn't that what makes this country great? We don't all have the same beliefs, it's a very diverse world we share today.
Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Mr Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe her religious or other views preclude her from placing her hand over her heart. That's fine. Isn't that what makes this country great? We don't all have the same beliefs, it's a very diverse world we share today.
Church and state ? She is a citizen she covers her heart. It has nothing to do with religion.
Mr Common Sense

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

dustyroads wrote:
<quoted text>Church and state ? She is a citizen she covers her heart. It has nothing to do with religion.
I said religion or other views, perception is reality in our minds and hearts.
ghost

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

she came from the same country Obama came from. WTF show some respect for the good old US of A. She needs to set an good example for the ones who look up to her as a role model. By not placing her hand over her heart it unexcuseable.
Give Her a Hand

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

I'd be happy to lend her my hand.
two mules

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

maybe her eating disorder and high IQ prevented her from doing so ?
Who cares

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

ghost wrote:
she came from the same country Obama came from. WTF show some respect for the good old US of A. She needs to set an good example for the ones who look up to her as a role model. By not placing her hand over her heart it unexcuseable.
Thanks for responding, your wrong, have a nice day.
young and stupid

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

No matter what she believes in, just out of respect she should do the right thing.
Junior

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

If you don't believe in showing respect during the Pledge or the National Anthem, you can move your ass to Iran or North Korea. Get the hell out of America. That's my take.
Pay Attention

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

wake up america wrote:
We're you one of the hundreds of people who didn't have their hands over their hearts, or didn't remove their hats, or put out their cigarettes, or get off their smartphones? But complain about one girl.
Blue collar man

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

So exactly how does this make Bass Pro Shops in-American?

In her defense I always put my hand over my heart for the Pledge, but not for the National Anthem...I usually sing along.
True that

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah
wake up america

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Pay Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
We're you one of the hundreds of people who didn't have their hands over their hearts, or didn't remove their hats, or put out their cigarettes, or get off their smartphones? But complain about one girl.
She was on stage in front of all those people. The stage was the center of attention not some towel head looking up face book on his smart phone.
Yep

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

ghost wrote:
And here is a picture and video of your role model Obama with his hand not over his heart during the playing of the National Anthem...

http://snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp
Wow

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
And here is a picture and video of your role model Obama with his hand not over his heart during the playing of the National Anthem...
http://snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp
Wow, and on stage in front of a large audience...
Will the common core education standard help with these issues?
wake up america

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for responding, your wrong, have a nice day.
no a good day just noticed kinda like someone picking their nose while on TV or something
utica shopper

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

I don't like bass pro shop at all , can't get any help even though they have a lot of sales people , sale prices don't ring up so you end up holding up the line only to find out the sale was over and they didn't take down the sign . signs are misleading half a table of sweaters are on sale. cashier calls for manager you wait and wait and they are snotty .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

269 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Whats Right With Utica 10 min Taxpayer 10
Best Dog Groomers (May '13) 42 min mindy 37
Matt Sullivan's $60,000.00 Paycheck-Irish Cultu... (Feb '13) 47 min Historical Site 298
Question For Robert T Oliveira 1 hr Newport and Riggies 4
Robert T Oliveira 1 hr Newport and Riggies 9
Confessions of a 'Public Servant' (Jun '09) 1 hr Newport and Riggies 75
Best a Thing On Twitter Is Bobby 1 hr Newport and Riggies 5
Homewreckers 2 hr Carm 31
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000