Local Politicians and their Education

Local Politicians and their Education

Posted in the Utica Forum

Hmm

Manlius, NY

#1 Apr 5, 2013
Is there anywhere that identifies what type of degree and school our local politicians have attended? I feel that education and/or related experience is extremely important for politicians as they make critical decisions for the area. I have seen some politicians identify they "attended" MVCC which to me means they probably just have a High School Diploma. Others never identify anything. This information should be made public so the voters can make smarter decisions when going to the polls....
Taxpayer

Atlanta, GA

#2 Apr 5, 2013
Great question. I don't think any of them have degrees or make a descent living
good luck

Utica, NY

#3 Apr 5, 2013
It's called a Utica Degree. Look it up in Urban Dictionary. When you sit down and look at the bigger picture, you will realize that anyone with real intellect has left CNY. Those that remain, mostly on social services and on the public dole, do not demand more out of our elected officials. What they have in the way of credentials is far over and above those of the voting constituency. You seem like you're a decent person making a reasonable suggestion. In due time, if you haven't already, you'll realize that you're far too talented to waste your time here. If you think it's bad now, just wait another 5 more years! What's gonna happen will happen. You just need to figure out how you're going to make the most of that one irreplaceable commodity - time.
Really

Ithaca, NY

#4 Apr 5, 2013
It's a good point and question. However, holding a piece of paper doesn't make a good politician. Remember, being a politician wasn't always a bad word. Many of the greatest never went to college. They went to WWII instead. Then there are some with an education that are dumb as a box of rocks. It all depends.

With that said, I think it's gotten MUCH better than the past. Surprisingly, there were only a couple with college educations or some expertise a couple decades ago. Let's see, Brindisi is a lawyer, Griffo has a Bachelors, Picente has a Bachelors, Timpano is a CPA.

on the city level, Morehouse has a Bachelors, Vescera has a Bachelors, Giruzzi has a Masters, Marino has a Bachelors, Colosimo has a Bachelors, Zecca has a Bachelors, I'm not sure of Bucciero.

The only ones without a degree are Palmieri, Cerminaro, Testa, and McKinsey. I believe Meola has an Associates Degree.
Taxpayer

Atlanta, GA

#5 Apr 5, 2013
You can be Phi Beta Kappa, but if you continue to make bad decisions, you are dumb as a box of rocks.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#6 Apr 5, 2013
good luck wrote:
It's called a Utica Degree. Look it up in Urban Dictionary. When you sit down and look at the bigger picture, you will realize that anyone with real intellect has left CNY.
Yup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New hartford is the new east utica 6 min Wop Slop Town 187
On The Mark 10 min Was a good year 14
100 million for 300 jobs 14 min lol 103
Marcy Nano Quad C 29 min NH Gibberish 50
nh football 55 min inside info 6
Are there Grandparents right in New York State?? (Jan '11) 1 hr Grandma 101 41
Harmony Speciale 1 hr Mike 19
Esche fired Nikki Todd 1 hr Ghostwriter 27
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 7 hr CNY Poverty Criers 938

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages