First Prev
of 2
Next Last
He looks black

Utica, NY

#23 Jul 22, 2013
they arefamily wrote:
<quoted text>911 dispatcher:
Okay, and this guy, is he White, Black, or Hispanic?
Zimmerman:
He looks black. now reading this 911 call transcript how do you come up with your comment he knew he was black? he called 911 not knowing for sure
I think his comment, "He looks Black" kind of sums it up.

Level 3

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#24 Jul 22, 2013
You are wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
He absolutely was followed because he was black. You are a white guy who has no idea how it is to be profiled. This is not to say that white people are never followed. You may have picked up something that the security guard may have thought you had stolen. Of course, this happens to white people when they do something that is suspicious. This is a total different issue.
--I don't think Zimmerman was wrong in following him, I think he was wrong for shooting him in the heart. This kid did not deserve to die.
Being followed is being followed. No difference - unless you've got a chip on your shoulder and want to make an issue of it.
they arefamily

Carthage, NY

#25 Jul 22, 2013
He looks black wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his comment, "He looks Black" kind of sums it up.
it wasn't a comment he was asked a question by the 911 operator
0:28 mark on audio video
Not for nothing

Clark Mills, NY

#26 Jul 22, 2013
Are some whites who want to see some healing when it comes to racism . This didnt help people making it an issue even if it was . No offense but you can't walk in a bank with a hoodie or sunglasses . Hasn't anyone seen signs ? Lets be for real here . If I was black and I saw a black with a hoodie and his hands in his pocket I'd be scetchy . The case was sad no doubt a young boy died the president didnt need to adress national tv . Did he adress national tv for Sarah Ann wood ?
Same thing

Utica, NY

#27 Jul 22, 2013
they arefamily wrote:
<quoted text>it wasn't a comment he was asked a question by the 911 operator http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =o9A-gp8mrdwXX 0:28 mark on audio video
Question or statement, he knew the kid was black.
Sarah Ann Wood

Utica, NY

#28 Jul 22, 2013
Not for nothing wrote:
Are some whites who want to see some healing when it comes to racism . This didnt help people making it an issue even if it was . No offense but you can't walk in a bank with a hoodie or sunglasses . Hasn't anyone seen signs ? Lets be for real here . If I was black and I saw a black with a hoodie and his hands in his pocket I'd be scetchy . The case was sad no doubt a young boy died the president didnt need to adress national tv . Did he adress national tv for Sarah Ann wood ?
Sarah Ann Wood died many years ago. This President was not in office. Unfortunately, Sarah Ann did not receive any National Press. I remember at the time, another child was missing, and yet that case received a huge amount of press. I think the President owed to his citizens to say something. Maybe some of his words will sink in someday. We can only hope.
Not the same thing

Utica, NY

#29 Jul 22, 2013
RegularCrewChief wrote:
<quoted text>
Being followed is being followed. No difference - unless you've got a chip on your shoulder and want to make an issue of it.
It is not the same thing. If you are being followed because someone thinks you stole something that is totally different than being followed because you are black. Although, I am not black, I do have empathy. I completely understand how blacks feel about this situation. I'm not even saying that profiling is wrong. For example, if your store has been robbed over and over again by a black person, of course, you are going to be aware of that, and you will profile. All I am saying is that you have no clue how it feels to be followed as a black man.
400 year curse

New Hartford, NY

#30 Jul 23, 2013
Not the same thing wrote:
<quoted text>It is not the same thing. If you are being followed because someone thinks you stole something that is totally different than being followed because you are black. Although, I am not black, I do have empathy. I completely understand how blacks feel about this situation. I'm not even saying that profiling is wrong. For example, if your store has been robbed over and over again by a black person, of course, you are going to be aware of that, and you will profile. All I am saying is that you have no clue how it feels to be followed as a black man.
It is not anyone's fault but their own that their subculture created their reputation. To clean up a neighborhood you have to start from within each home, it's each families responsibility to raise good kids to be good citizens. But non the less, white people are followed too, no one whimpers about it. It's just the day in the age that we live. I don't think that blacks are targeted specifically because they are black, there are many other elements.
You are so wrong

Utica, NY

#31 Jul 24, 2013
400 year curse wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not anyone's fault but their own that their subculture created their reputation. To clean up a neighborhood you have to start from within each home, it's each families responsibility to raise good kids to be good citizens. But non the less, white people are followed too, no one whimpers about it. It's just the day in the age that we live. I don't think that blacks are targeted specifically because they are black, there are many other elements.
You are so wrong regarding the following issue. A black man can be followed for no reason except that he is black. Something a whit4e person cannot ever understand. But a point6 you make regarding becoming a good citizen; I can't help but somewhat agree with you. I don't want to prejudge a whole group of people based on what I see in Utica, but I do believe we want all black people to help themselves do better in life.

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Been There,Done That,Now What?

#32 Jul 25, 2013
Can't have a profile without a valid birth certificate,...
You need to watch the new

Utica, NY

#33 Jul 26, 2013
Crazy Jae wrote:
You are so wrong. The President has a valid birth certificate. You are a poor person who believe all that talk radio tells you. That you are poor and stupid and believe their lies that democrats are out to get you and not support you.

Level 7

Since: Apr 13

Macomb, IL

#34 Sep 13, 2013
Crazy Jae wrote:
true

“Hello”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

New York, NY

#35 Sep 13, 2013
The only blacks I can't stand are the ghetto type. Pants around the knees, rude, and completely disrespectful and loud everywhere they go. Does that make me racist? Nope. Just don't care for that one certain group of people. And they seem to be all over Utica.

Level 3

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#36 Sep 15, 2013
He keeps it up, he'll have more than a birth certificate attached to his sorry name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
remember al marone 13 min tough Tony 7
moore pulls ahead 22 min Angertown 20
Elaine Bonanza 58 min Oneword 15
Judge Berry and Utica Family Court (Aug '09) 1 hr Question mark 27
Is WalMart distribution Center Really This Bad ? (Jan '12) 1 hr I try my best 61
Sandy Hook Was Fake 1 hr Rosemary 12
Comets Suck Again... 1 hr U TI CA Hockey 20
Par 1 hr Puhlease 86
Unstable Fire Marshall 6 hr Mark 69
New Hartford Baskets 10 hr SUCK UP 28
12 north sports bar Wed Old V baller 28
Is the mafia still in Utica? (Jul '08) Wed dumb guineas 242

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages