Utica Schools
Utica schools spy

Troy, NY

#22 Jun 26, 2013
Anyone that stands up to King Bruce is basically gone. He has surrounded himself with yes people, Eccleston, Paul, to name two. They couldn't find their ass with both their hands. He went after Nemecek, Brown, Locari, now Disalvo. He cut Frasca's support staff at Kernan. The 2nd largest building, in the district, and the neediest. When Frasca retires, who will take over that building? Cracciolo and Palmisano? They take every extra job they can get, and do nothing. At least Crach sort of tries. Palmisano just steals the money. What a shame. He's killing modified sports at JFK. And he's the drama club adviser. What a joke. I thought Asselta was the watchdog. The board just sits by. At Proctor, his family and friends do whatever they want. Bob Hobaica hasn't been to a special ed. Dept mtg. all year. His brother Richie is so incompetent he can't even put his grades in. Oh, he gets 2 hall duty assignments during Regents exams. And he doesn't even show up to them. Yet Falchi goes after teachers that actually do their jobs. They're changing dept. heads, at the drop of a hat. I could go on but I'll wait til I retire. Then I'll run for the school board.
paul

New York, NY

#23 Jun 27, 2013
Punks wrote:
Punks go to new Hartford. Nice place if you like all white. Utica schools have outstanding students and cultural diversity. Which will get our students ready for the real world.
You can keep your Biffy's and Buffy preps.

The`REAL WORLD`???? I hear that all the time on this site. What is the `real world`?? What world are the other schools living in who don`t have as much cultural diversity as Proctor does??
Come on now

New York, NY

#24 Jun 27, 2013
Ever notice when derogatory comments are made about KARAM they get removed very quickly? My question is, is that what he does with my tax money, read topix all day? Good job Bruce, you're right on it!
Liz Paul

New York, NY

#25 Jun 27, 2013
I'm the biggest douchbag in the Utica City School district!!!
reddit

Charlestown, MA

#27 Jun 27, 2013
just wait until the next batch of principals comes. vanduren, smith, evans, an some other lady with no experience teaching. none of them has an independent thought to save their life. whatever liz or bruce want, egardless if it benefits kids, they will fall in step. i just hope these new principals watch thei back. look at what they do to those who cross them. licari, frasca, and now desalvo. if you don't kiss up, you are removed. i thought they were supposed to do what is best for the school district. i see everything.
so what

Charlestown, MA

#28 Jun 27, 2013
nothing will changer until an outsider comes in and cleans house of all the dead weight. the ones in charge have their favorites and that is that. it sucks, but illnesses peopledo something it is all hot air.
oh yeh

Carthage, NY

#29 Jun 27, 2013
obvious wrote:
You wonder why the graduation rate is so low....
not low if you remember that there are approx. 2700 students there.....think about it, dummy!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Marie

AOL

#30 Jun 27, 2013
Look at the board.Years ago you had a degree to be on the board.What College did Salatino attend?Does Dawes have any college or Mandia?
the question is

Carthage, NY

#31 Jun 27, 2013
Marie wrote:
Look at the board.Years ago you had a degree to be on the board.What College did Salatino attend?Does Dawes have any college or Mandia?
DO YOU??.....and YES, they do!
I think

New Hartford, NY

#32 Jun 27, 2013
Marie wrote:
I think you are wrong. I think the only qualification is a HS certification. This has been the only requirement; from what I understand.

Little Rock, AR

#33 Jun 27, 2013
oh my
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#34 Jun 27, 2013
Good day for business yesterday. SUNYIT starts construction of NanoTech.
It will mean great things for the Utica School district as well.

Construction of the highly-anticipated nanotechnology center at SUNYIT is officially underway. The development of the Computer Chip Commercialization Center, or 'Quad-C' will bring leading researchers in nanotechnology onto the SUNYIT campus.
In a story you'll only see on Eyewitness News, reporter Rachel Polansky gets a first-hand look at the project. It's been nearly 4 years since officials announced plans for Quad-C and today those visions became a reality. This project will bring jobs and businesses from all over the world right here to the Mohawk Valley.
"It is a true partnership between higher education and industry," says John Swann, Director of Public Affairs and Associate Vice President at SUNYIT.
Quad-C is a partnership between SUNYIT and the University of Albany's College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, or CNSE. Officials say CNSE has seen tremendous success over the last decade and Quad-C has the potential to follow in it's footsteps.
"From an undeveloped space a little more than a dozen to 15 years ago, we now see a multi-billion dollar enterprise that has had a major economic impact on that region, and in a way this will replicate that there," says Swann.
The Quad-C project will create 300 technology manufacturing jobs over three years and serve as a hub for nanotechnology.
One key visionary says he was part of the Silicon Valley and he knows how to transform CNY into the next hi-tech region.
"Look at the history of the Silicon Valley and how it grew over time. The number of manufacturing jobs and number of research jobs and just jobs increased significantly. When I saw the opportunity at SUNYIT a few months back, I was very excited to come here," says Jim Lloyd, Vice President of Administration at SUNYIT.
Lloyd worked in the Silicon Valley for 20 years and he says a lot of technology invented there was centered around Stanford University. He sees that parallel in the Mohawk Valley.
"SUNYIT would be the seed like Standford university was in Silicon Valley for this region; to bring manufacturing in and hi-tech companies in," says Lloyd.
"Certainly for the people that live and work on the SUNYIT campus, but really an exciting time for us and for the entire region," says Swann.
Contractors will be breaking ground all this month on the SUNYIT campus, and they expect to be pouring concrete by August. Completion is expected by the end o
marcy princess

Utica, NY

#35 Jun 27, 2013
herbie wrote:
<quoted text>
This must be a pot/kettle farce. Your post is loaded with grammatical, structural and punctuation errors. You have no business criticizing others when you make worse mistakes yourself. You are hereby and henceforth elevated to the position of dunce by your own doing.
WELL SAID !
School Observer

AOL

#37 Jun 28, 2013
Salatino has no degree.
Really

Carthage, NY

#38 Jun 28, 2013
reddit wrote:
just wait until the next batch of principals comes. vanduren, smith, evans, an some other lady with no experience teaching. none of them has an independent thought to save their life. whatever liz or bruce want, egardless if it benefits kids, they will fall in step. i just hope these new principals watch thei back. look at what they do to those who cross them. licari, frasca, and now desalvo. if you don't kiss up, you are removed. i thought they were supposed to do what is best for the school district. i see everything.
Licari, Frasca and DeSalvo ??? Now there are thre egomaniacs I would never put my faith behind. Licari screwed up the special ed department so bad that the district was on the brink of being sued by the state ed dept. DeSalvo was in charge of the worst run school in the district. Frasca is more concerned with gaining power and politics than he is with running a school building. His school will be the next on the state's list. The only thing saving his ass is that he will retire before they get to him. If these are the people you want to put your faith in, you need more help than I can give you.
Utica schools spy

Albany, NY

#39 Jun 28, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Licari, Frasca and DeSalvo ??? Now there are thre egomaniacs I would never put my faith behind. Licari screwed up the special ed department so bad that the district was on the brink of being sued by the state ed dept. DeSalvo was in charge of the worst run school in the district. Frasca is more concerned with gaining power and politics than he is with running a school building. His school will be the next on the state's list. The only thing saving his ass is that he will retire before they get to him. If these are the people you want to put your faith in, you need more help than I can give you.
. Hey Brucie, who wrote this your sister, Barbie? You say that about Frasca because you're afraid of him. He's smarter than you'll ever be. Oh yea, all your blue ribbon school cronies are sure making alot of money on the district. After they cheated for you. You remind me of Nero, keep fiddling while Rome burns.
kermit the frog

Albany, NY

#40 Jun 28, 2013
Liz Paul wrote:
I'm the biggest douchbag in the Utica City School district!!!
. Now leave Miss Piggy alone.
well

United States

#41 Jun 28, 2013
....karam was doing coke in Proctor when he was just an assisstant principal. And this is the guy that you guys elect king? Deserve everything u get.
well

United States

#43 Jun 28, 2013
SREGGIN wrote:
Teaching the non evolved is impossible.
Praise be the day when I find out who you are....It will not be a good day for your or your family.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
absolutely

Carthage, NY

#44 Jun 28, 2013
well wrote:
....karam was doing coke in Proctor when he was just an assisstant principal. And this is the guy that you guys elect king? Deserve everything u get.
FALSE...stop making accusations and lies about a well-respected upstanding citizen. You are probably (most likely) the biggest coke head trying to drag a good innocent person down with you. Learn to spell (assistant) or is your brain fried?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Golf in Upstate NY 37 min BlueBlood 37
Bella Regina health/codes violations AGAIN! 50 min TinaR1974 9
Lu Lu Spa in New York Mills 1 hr Johnny Gets Off 6
Dr. Costello unnecessary cruelty 1 hr Slim 18
Alex Carbone dating Savannah Lei 1 hr Slim 38
Welfare Comets kissing playoffs GOODBYE! 1 hr High-speed 7
Cuomo pitching statewide platic bag ban. 1 hr NY Vampire State 22

Utica Jobs

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages