American Legion got suspensions correct
Wrong

Herkimer, NY

#41 Nov 30, 2013
Justice wrote:
Unfortunately NH kids are getting the shaft. What could they have done??? The leadership of district 5 needs to clear these kids.
You need to clear your head. Your heart has overtaken your mind. It doesn't make you a bad person; just makes you wrong.
Blue

Canajoharie, NY

#42 Dec 1, 2013
Really wrote:
"Reality check" is either a politician, or missed his calling. He believes that the more words he uses, the better is his argument. What he lacks in understanding, he makes up with verbosity.
Umpires do not escort people from the field; neither players nor fans.
A responsible umpire is able to sense trouble building; he puts a stop to that by clearing the field, sending players and coaches to their dugouts, and explains to coaches what the results would be if tempers didn't cool off.
The HP umpire was overmatched by the situation and should be suspended, as have been players.
Those who understand sports in general, and baseball, specifically, know this is true. Others, can spew all the words they may muster; it just doesn't change the truth.
You are totally clueless. Didn't you read where the other poster said that the Umpire DID address the unruly fans, coaches and benches? Unfortunately, they didn't respond to his warnings, but instead continued to act like idiots. No matter how many words he used to describe it, it's pretty plain & simple. To continue to blame an umpire that you obviously have some personal beef with is just ridiculous. American Legion Baseball absolutely did the right thing by leveling their decision on both teams, regardless of how it will affect the younger players and/or the ones who didn't partake in this travesty. Shifting the blame isn't going to change what really happened.
Really

Herkimer, NY

#43 Dec 1, 2013
Blue wrote:
<quoted text> You are totally clueless. Didn't you read where the other poster said that the Umpire DID address the unruly fans, coaches and benches? Unfortunately, they didn't respond to his warnings, but instead continued to act like idiots. No matter how many words he used to describe it, it's pretty plain & simple. To continue to blame an umpire that you obviously have some personal beef with is just ridiculous. American Legion Baseball absolutely did the right thing by leveling their decision on both teams, regardless of how it will affect the younger players and/or the ones who didn't partake in this travesty. Shifting the blame isn't going to change what really happened.
I'jj try to make it so easy that even you might understand. I continue to maintain that the Am Leg did the right thing with their findings. The umpire, whose name I don 't even know, should have ended the game if the coaches and benches didn't respond. In not doing so, the umpire was derelect in his responsibility and should be suspended as well.
If you can't understand that, find a third grader to explain it to you.
Blue

Canajoharie, NY

#44 Dec 1, 2013
Well, when they give the Umpires a crystal ball so they can see into the future that a catcher is going to sucker-punch a batter & that the pitcher will join in the attack, maybe they will be able to end the game when they feel like it. But until then, they will most likely continue to expect the game to go on without such incidents. In MLB, did the Umpire end the game because he "sensed" that Demster was going to hit A-Rod with a pitch? You're giving Umpires some sort of superpower here... the ability to see into the future! Again, the Plate guy warned the coaches and benches that the behavior needed to stop, but instead they started a melee. He gave his warnings. That clears him from any responsibility, you dimwit!
Billy

New Hartford, NY

#45 Dec 1, 2013
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text> Same kids and same parents when they had to forfeit game in may against ND
Exactly, the coach was dismissed by the school moron.
Ann

New Hartford, NY

#46 Dec 1, 2013
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text> Same kids and same parents when they had to forfeit game in may against ND
Unfortunately Whitesboro HS can't recruit their parents like ND.
Ump

New Hartford, NY

#47 Dec 1, 2013
Blue wrote:
<quoted text> You are totally clueless. Didn't you read where the other poster said that the Umpire DID address the unruly fans, coaches and benches? Unfortunately, they didn't respond to his warnings, but instead continued to act like idiots. No matter how many words he used to describe it, it's pretty plain & simple. To continue to blame an umpire that you obviously have some personal beef with is just ridiculous. American Legion Baseball absolutely did the right thing by leveling their decision on both teams, regardless of how it will affect the younger players and/or the ones who didn't partake in this travesty. Shifting the blame isn't going to change what really happened.
The umps did not eject therefore their stern talking to didn't work. Weak effort.
Former Ump

Clinton, MA

#48 Dec 1, 2013
Bad people do bad things. The Boro parents on left field line have a terrible reputation of making asses of themselves in public. Everybody knows they mouth off to opposing teams players and coaches in every game when their losing. People who were not even at the game knew it was them. Lol I truly believe they take pride in it.
Really

Herkimer, NY

#49 Dec 1, 2013
No crystal ball necessary. Here are 'Blue' words from post #42:
"the Umpire DID address the unruly fans, coaches and benches? Unfortunately, they didn't respond to his warnings, but instead continued to act like idiots."
When they did not respond to his warnings and he did not stop the game is when he, the umpire, became derelict in his responsibility. Simple.
You are obviously the umpire's wife, girlfriend or mother. Only a strong emotional entanglement with the man could blind a person's reasoning to this point.
Now, do you wish to refute your own words?:)LOL
Blue

Canajoharie, NY

#50 Dec 1, 2013
Nice play on words.... maybe you should actually quote the whole sentence. And you couldn't be further from the truth - I am not the wife, girlfriend, mother, child or any other relation to that umpire. I am simply a loooooongtime fan of the game, and was raised to RESPECT it, and the officials who are involved in it. And it while it hasn't always been easy, it's a standard that has to be followed. The umpire did not cause those people to act like jackasses. That was done of their own choosing. I'm not refuting any of my words, because mine are words of logic and reason. You keep bashing the Umpire. It will surely get you very far. Except it won't.
Really

Herkimer, NY

#51 Dec 1, 2013
Blue wrote:
Nice play on words.... maybe you should actually quote the whole sentence. And you couldn't be further from the truth - I am not the wife, girlfriend, mother, child or any other relation to that umpire. I am simply a loooooongtime fan of the game, and was raised to RESPECT it, and the officials who are involved in it. And it while it hasn't always been easy, it's a standard that has to be followed. The umpire did not cause those people to act like jackasses. That was done of their own choosing. I'm not refuting any of my words, because mine are words of logic and reason. You keep bashing the Umpire. It will surely get you very far. Except it won't.
You are a fool. I did not say he made the players act in any way. He allowed it to continue when he should have stopped it and everyone present saw it transpire. Admit your lack of knowledge and stop embarrassing yourself.
Joan

Ithaca, NY

#52 Dec 1, 2013
I was at the game and sat right behind home plate. I saw the NH batter push into the catcher for no reason at all. When I commented to the group sitting around me why the ump didn't do anything about that, the people said the ump works at Chanatrys and will not make any bad calls etc against NH. So, I'm still trying to hear the truth, does the ump work at Chanatrys or not?
Form

Clinton, MA

#53 Dec 1, 2013
Joan wrote:
I was at the game and sat right behind home plate. I saw the NH batter push into the catcher for no reason at all. When I commented to the group sitting around me why the ump didn't do anything about that, the people said the ump works at Chanatrys and will not make any bad calls etc against NH. So, I'm still trying to hear the truth, does the ump work at Chanatrys or not?
Its a 100 percent lie and you know it And the Whites town kid pushed and punched first and you know that also. It just proves your a lying pos!!!!
The Mick

Bedford, MA

#54 Dec 1, 2013
Ted Williams wrote:
Glad to see the penalties will be paid by those involved. Home plate umpire should never be allowed to officiate another Am Leg game.
. Hi Ted!
Mickey

Bedford, MA

#55 Dec 1, 2013
Blue wrote:
<quoted text> You are totally clueless. Didn't you read where the other poster said that the Umpire DID address the unruly fans, coaches and benches? Unfortunately, they didn't respond to his warnings, but instead continued to act like idiots. No matter how many words he used to describe it, it's pretty plain & simple. To continue to blame an umpire that you obviously have some personal beef with is just ridiculous. American Legion Baseball absolutely did the right thing by leveling their decision on both teams, regardless of how it will affect the younger players and/or the ones who didn't partake in this travesty. Shifting the blame isn't going to change what really happened.
Who cares, think of all the people living in poverty and starving to death.
Mickey Mantle

Syracuse, NY

#56 Dec 1, 2013
Blue wrote:
<quoted text> You are totally clueless. Didn't you read where the other poster said that the Umpire DID address the unruly fans, coaches and benches? Unfortunately, they didn't respond to his warnings, but instead continued to act like idiots. No matter how many words he used to describe it, it's pretty plain & simple. To continue to blame an umpire that you obviously have some personal beef with is just ridiculous. American Legion Baseball absolutely did the right thing by leveling their decision on both teams, regardless of how it will affect the younger players and/or the ones who didn't partake in this travesty. Shifting the blame isn't going to change what really happened.
Interesting!
Mickey Mantle

Syracuse, NY

#57 Dec 1, 2013
Interesting!
Mickey Mantle

Syracuse, NY

#58 Dec 1, 2013
Ted Williams wrote:
Glad to see the penalties will be paid by those involved. Home plate umpire should never be allowed to officiate another Am Leg game.
Ted Williams"]Glad to see the penalties will be paid by those involved. Home plate umpire should never be allowed to officiate another Am Leg game.
Fan

Springfield, MA

#59 Dec 2, 2013
It doesn't make sense that both teams " good kids " get screwed. The vast majority of the kids on both teams did absolutely nothing wrong. The kids have very little choice on what team they play on, and many coaches refuse to release kids to other teams because of egos, they would rather keep on kid who they don't really need out of spite, and deny them a chance to get more playing time with another team. Its a shame, no wonder legion is sliding downhill. I'm sure many n.h. And wb kids won't be returning next year
lol

Cohoes, NY

#60 Dec 2, 2013
Fan wrote:
It doesn't make sense that both teams " good kids " get screwed. The vast majority of the kids on both teams did absolutely nothing wrong. The kids have very little choice on what team they play on, and many coaches refuse to release kids to other teams because of egos, they would rather keep on kid who they don't really need out of spite, and deny them a chance to get more playing time with another team. Its a shame, no wonder legion is sliding downhill. I'm sure many n.h. And wb kids won't be returning next year
They have options... They can just travel and play Connie Mac or aau. They can actually play more games traveling but they have to travel to play.
I think they can also play legion but are ineligible for the post season.
They could do a combo of both legion and travel ball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica is on its way back and it's upsetting you... 2 min Won and done 1
Monkeys 3 min marlin p 5
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 27 min Seek Help 10
Giuseppe's 41 min Joe 4
Landmarc Building rebirth brings 31 homes to Do... (Oct '14) 45 min Utican 17
Utica Awake They Are Here and they want your ch... 1 hr Square and Circles 1
Utica schools off struggling list....lol 1 hr Eat Shyt Dave 25

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages