New York ranked worst in nation for t...

New York ranked worst in nation for taxes

Posted in the Utica Forum

NY NY

Manlius, NY

#1 Mar 3, 2013
No surprise, though New York is the worst state in the country when it comes to individual income taxes, likely due to its high top marginal tax rate of 8.82%. It ranks 45th for both unemployment insurance taxes and property taxes, and 38th for sales taxes.(It also has the highest tobacco taxes in the country --$4.35 per pack of cigarettes.) Its best score was 23rd for corporate tax rates. New York was also among the top five outbound states in the United Van Lines migration study.

http://money.msn.com/taxes/c_galleryregular.a...
Betty

Greig, NY

#2 Mar 4, 2013
NY NY wrote:
No surprise, though New York is the worst state in the country when it comes to individual income taxes, likely due to its high top marginal tax rate of 8.82%. It ranks 45th for both unemployment insurance taxes and property taxes, and 38th for sales taxes.(It also has the highest tobacco taxes in the country --$4.35 per pack of cigarettes.) Its best score was 23rd for corporate tax rates. New York was also among the top five outbound states in the United Van Lines migration study.
http://money.msn.com/taxes/c_galleryregular.a...
Oh but i hear the governor claiming that New York State is open for business
Terrible

Needham, MA

#3 Mar 4, 2013
How does NY rank in infant mortality, obesity, education, and poverty? I would venture better than a lot of those low-tax states.
youareanidiot

Cicero, NY

#4 Mar 4, 2013
NY ranks near the bottom in education yet we spend MORE than any other state in the Country.

NY has more abortions than any other state.

Obesity is low because people pay such high taxes they cannot afford to eat.
Terrible wrote:
How does NY rank in infant mortality, obesity, education, and poverty? I would venture better than a lot of those low-tax states.
Love Utica

Little Falls, NY

#5 Mar 4, 2013
NY sucks fat dirty cock and nothing will Change. People will keep voting with there feet and move elsewhere.

I loved this state. Thought it had so much yet to offer......The downstate liberal do gooder voters and our corrupt politicians have totally gutted a once fine proud state. More handouts to more people doing nothing. More laws and taxes for the responsible people to follow yet the state keeps declining in so many ways. It's disgusting.

Can't wait to take my state retirement and move to the sunbelt. Phuck all this baloney. You shitbirds left that allowed this can reap what you sow.
Poverty

Marcy, NY

#6 Mar 4, 2013
Terrible wrote:
Wrong.... Here is information on poverty levels:
New York is worse then the national average for poverty (38th worst state in the USA)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._sta...

and Utica has some of the worst poverty levels in the state that are twice the national average:
http://www.city-data.com/poverty/poverty-Utic...
Freebie the Bean

Penn Yan, NY

#7 Mar 4, 2013
NYC should be made a separate state with their own taxes and laws and politicians. They are a drag on all upstate growth and totally run this state in Albany.
LOL

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2013
Love Utica wrote:
NY sucks fat dirty cock and nothing will Change. People will keep voting with there feet and move elsewhere.
I loved this state. Thought it had so much yet to offer......The downstate liberal do gooder voters and our corrupt politicians have totally gutted a once fine proud state. More handouts to more people doing nothing. More laws and taxes for the responsible people to follow yet the state keeps declining in so many ways. It's disgusting.
Can't wait to take my state retirement and move to the sunbelt. Phuck all this baloney. You shitbirds left that allowed this can reap what you sow.
I see they are!
Our Boy Cretin

Gouverneur, NY

#9 Mar 4, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>I see they are!
He answers himself, he's..........Cretin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Conflict of Interest 8 min Impeach 1
Georgios food truck 12 min Beef 41
Who Really shot Angelo Grillo (Apr '09) 13 min Detroit 154
Joe gets caught again!! 29 min Search search 2
Old School Bar/Restaurant Culver Ave 36 min All BS 31
Weichert real estate 1 hr hair extensions 17
FOX channel - static noise sound on Spectrum 1 hr Pence 19
Transparency on Hospital Proposal 9 hr Phineus 45
Notre Dame football 9 hr cheap 41
Ispy photos of Utica Fur Ball 10 hr case worker 23