no longer

East Greenbush, NY

#22 Sep 29, 2009
It is terrible
Makes me laugh

Rome, NY

#23 Sep 29, 2009
Everyone can complain about National Grid, but they don't know what they are getting. You can go get another gas company, but when the service lines leak or there is a problem, National Grid employees will be there to fix it. The bottom line is what you are paying for in delivery is the service from the company.
Jeanne Dixon

Ithaca, NY

#24 Sep 29, 2009
just a thought wrote:
the water bill is getting goofy too. Got to hand it to that pat beecher. He is slowly increasing the water bill , and before long you watch it will be monthly and just as high as the gas bill.Where did that man come from. At least national grid has to buy the gas and electric. This beecher gets the water free from the sky, adds a little poison to kill the germs and charges 100 percent profit.
I believe Becher was a snake oil saleman in a previous life.
down in the cellar

Clinton, NY

#25 Oct 1, 2009
i no longer get a grid bill i moved of the grid,like being reborn, i use a propane stove frig and lights, best thing i ever did,were all being raped by our goverment who is or was to look out for us, but they only look out for themselfs and specail interests,
Jaz Justice

United States

#26 Oct 1, 2009
Makes me laugh wrote:
Everyone can complain about National Grid, but they don't know what they are getting. You can go get another gas company, but when the service lines leak or there is a problem, National Grid employees will be there to fix it. The bottom line is what you are paying for in delivery is the service from the company.
Ilion has there own small electric company with a smaller customer base. They service the lines too. There rates are not jacked up like grids are. If anything then ilions should have a higher rate with less people to support it. their bills are only a 10th to 20% of the grids charges.
Jay

United States

#27 Oct 18, 2009
First of all Chris... you need to learn how to spell, and second Grid is not running people out of New York. Get a clue!
Be Careful

New York, NY

#28 Oct 18, 2009
I looked into changing energy suppliers and thisis what I found out... Greed has to sell the electric kilowatt and gas therm for what they buy it for. they make their money off of the delivery charge. So Greed is huge and can set the purchase price ust like walmart. If you change you still have to pay the delivery charge so greed make outs but you will buying your gas and electric from a company that needs to make its money from the sale of these products so if you aren't locked in those can up also now 2 companies are making money off of you. Then there is the release charges that the suppy company can charge you to leave and go back to greed. Go off the grid that is the way to go.
i think

AOL

#29 Oct 18, 2009
so what would happen if we banded together and refused to pay the gas/electric bill???? no way would they turn us all off.....people unite
u r stupid

AOL

#30 Oct 18, 2009
wanna bet. then you can pay another 50 on top of what you owe to have them turn you back on.
makes me laugh

Rome, NY

#31 Oct 18, 2009
There are plenty of bill collectors that would love to shut you off if you don't pay, so that is not the best idea. You try it and tell us how it goes "i think"?
cheaper

AOL

#32 Oct 18, 2009
just pay for actual usage & don't pay for delivery
listen

AOL

#33 Oct 19, 2009
you will get shut off. i made payments every month just not full payments. they added charges and pretty soon i owed a few grand. i got shut off. had to set up a payment plan. best part is a girl down the street got shutoff and was back on the same day because heap and the county payed her bill in full. so while we are just getting by people that dont work run down to the county for another freebie
Lou

North Adams, MA

#36 Nov 30, 2012
On my electric bill i got charge $32.38 on Total delivery service, and $34.37 on Total supply service and my electric bill in all is $66.75 what a rip off its time people fight back like post how bad National Grid is in face book and other sites like face book also write to tv talks shows lets get this on tv lets fight back now
Fed Up

Delanson, NY

#37 Feb 10, 2014
checking around wrote:
<quoted text>tell us more about this company. where they out of?
Don't bother unless you want to be a sales rep for Ambit where they pay you to get customers. I switched about 8 months ago and I see absolutely no difference. My bill went from $515.47 last month to $635.76 this month and I used 400 kwh less this month than last. I don't even heat with electric.
cheap

Whitesboro, NY

#38 Feb 10, 2014
nimo bills have been the cheapest in years. I have 2100 sq ft house and I pay like 150 a month for gas and elec? That is keeping heat 70 24/7 and lights galore. If you have a high bill , you have problems in your home, furnace, insulation, windows etc.

You want to bitch about something, the water bill is fukin outrageous!!!!
Joanne

San Jose, CA

#39 Feb 10, 2014
Those rednecks in Schuyler are looking into setting up their own grid. Gonna charge residents around $50 a month during summer & $100 during winter.
Joe

Utica, NY

#40 Mar 5, 2014
If anyone looks into solar power or at the thread about it, don't listen to the idiot satisfiedcustomer, this guy is an idiot. One poster was correct about doing a solar calculation against your usage and all I read was how important this is if you really want to not use any electric from national. If you just want to help save on bills you can get any kit.
SatisfiedCustome r

Syracuse, NY

#41 Mar 5, 2014
And hello "Joe". Everyone, I was warned about a person going by multiple names and locations trashing peoples' posts. Joe here appears to be one of them He's been bashing the idea of solar power as a complete alternative to Grid power by copying and pasting the same childish content over and over. What's wrong is that he refuses to do the math and research. Anyone can go online and lookup what size solar panel(s) you would need for your home. I purchased a nice 5kW Andalay Solar kit and set it up and now the 'Grid buys my excess power from what's left from my own storage. It's a great investment, no matter what you buy or where you buy it from. Life is definitely better not getting that bill every month. "Joe" or whatever other name/location he will probably post to this thread after I do has no common sense as to how solar power works. Go ahead, Google it, and you'll be surprised how much easier your lives will be. If you have any questions, let me know.
Sick of National Greed

Utica, NY

#42 Mar 5, 2014
Every GREED bill that comes, I feel as though I've been raped!!!!!
SatisfiedCustome r

Syracuse, NY

#43 Mar 5, 2014
I hear that. That's why I went solar. Much better...no matter what brand you get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vinny Dier BUSTED for COCAINE SALES and CONSPIRACY 2 min Carlos 1
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 3 min testing the ARC 272
This Jonh Abel 6 min HeyFuckface 11
biggest LOSER CLIFTON PARK SOW MAKES WORLD RECO... 50 min clifTON heavyweight 11
big SHOCKER TORRELL CHARGED WITH A ONE DRUG FEL... 50 min clifTON heavyweight 14
why DOES TRASH FROM clifTON HIDE BUT WANT OTHER... 50 min clifTON heavyweight 31
SUCCESSFULL & DREAM about Utica 24/7 who am I L... 50 min read a book 9
Holland Patent Football Perverts 1 hr welfare wendy 13
Shame on Fire Chief Russell Brooks 1 hr Gaggy 54
Nativity scene at NHFD offensive 1 hr My opinion 42
Utica restaurant named too 100 in the country 2 hr Genius 50
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Patriots' Week 16 Preview vs. Jets
NBC Sports 5:14 AM
Friday morning one-liners
Bleacher Report 9:30 AM
Boomer: Should Jets Clean House This Offseason?
NBC Sports 9:41 AM
Rashad Jennings not spotted practicing Friday
NBC Sports10:15 AM
C.J. Spiller probable to return Sunday
NBC Sports11:01 AM
Bills officially activate Spiller
NBC Sports11:10 AM
Where does Rex Ryan land after this season?
NBC Sports11:31 AM
Bills RB Spiller activated - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports11:31 AM
Bills RB Spiller activated, probable
ESPN11:45 AM
Source: Bills' Spiller expected to play Sunday