abused employee

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 12, 2011
Am I the only one that worked at sitrin and had problem the way they treat there employees

a
Nope

Little Falls, NY

#2 Jul 12, 2011
They have gotten bad, don't pay like they use to so it's more noticeable now
concerned citizen

Little Falls, NY

#5 Jul 14, 2011
As a past part time employee I love to work for the Sitrin and had a wonderful boss. I just wish they would have paid a little more. When you put your heart to it it does not hurt to give a little.
Any 1

Schenectady, NY

#11 Jul 17, 2011
So how is the unemployment working out for you? You are obviously disgruntled from being let go. If you people put as much effort into your job, as you do with your personal attacks, you would be gainfully employed. Thank God and Obama for 100 weeks of benefits.
abused employee

Utica, NY

#12 Jul 25, 2011
unemployment haha how about left for a new job. a farmer doesnt smell the shit when hes in it, and its clean air now, no more shit you should try it any one thats worked there and left, and there is alot of us, knows what a shit whole place it was I thought I would put it out there Happy and loving life you should apply at sitrin they always have a job openining if you like the smell lol

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#16 Sep 4, 2011
Just about everything you hear on here about the Sitrin Home is true. You don't see too many people defending the place. The home massively understaffs to the point where the residents suffer. There is falsification of documents and CNA take risks that endanger residents. Risks like one person operating the Sarah Lift.

Management knows how to play the system and meet DOH requirements. The Sitrin Home IS one of the reasons I decided to go into state sevice. I tried to get into the DOH in hopes of one day going back and address the issues at the Sitrin Home.

Because of my experience with the Sitrin Home, I learned that one has to document and record everything or it will be swept under the rug. I applied that to OPWDD and helped bring about positive change.
John

Greenwich, NY

#17 Sep 14, 2011
So Rich is still at it? Once a cheater always a cheater...he cheated on his first wife, who I might add is a wonderful person...I heard he was let go & then rehired, wonder what the story was behind that?
abused former employee

United States

#18 Jan 17, 2012
Sitrin sucks! A lot of nursing homes in utica don't pay well at all! And we work our asses off!
hmmm

Rome, NY

#19 Jan 17, 2012
Dan Henderson??
Insider

Utica, NY

#20 Mar 13, 2012
Looks like Steve Forbes is having his " chestnuts" " rehabilitated" by someone else's wife!!
Dan

Oswego, NY

#21 Jul 30, 2013
hmmm wrote:
Dan Henderson??
I just came a crossed this and found it rather funny.
To whomever suggested that it was me slandering Sitrin, no, it's not me. I actually really enjoyed working with the clients and I was pretty sad that I left. I left Sitrin for personal reason. For example, my current place of employment has more to offer me educationally and is more directed at my field of interest. I did find some of the staff relatively lazy but I wouldn't ever slander Sitrin. I think their program is great, the clients are very well taken care of.

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#22 Jul 31, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just came a crossed this and found it rather funny.
To whomever suggested that it was me slandering Sitrin, no, it's not me. I actually really enjoyed working with the clients and I was pretty sad that I left. I left Sitrin for personal reason. For example, my current place of employment has more to offer me educationally and is more directed at my field of interest. I did find some of the staff relatively lazy but I wouldn't ever slander Sitrin. I think their program is great, the clients are very well taken care of.
In order for it to be slander (actually libel) it has to be false.

Do you remember that lady that fell out the window and died from exposure? Wasn't the home supposed to be watching over her?
Dan

Newington, CT

#23 Jul 31, 2013
NYGunman wrote:
<quoted text>In order for it to be slander (actually libel) it has to be false.
Do you remember that lady that fell out the window and died from exposure? Wasn't the home supposed to be watching over her?
Do I remember the situation, yes. Do I know what the situation was with assisted living, no. I didn't know the lady and I wasn't assigned to the assisted living home. If you know i worked for Sitrin, then you know what houses I worked in. I do think what happened is unfortunate event but I'm not going to point blame. Who knows what actually happened. Honestly its really none of my business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Term Tenney 7 min For sure 91
Adult world 15 min Word up 17
NY Mills the new Cornhill 55 min Keithy 16
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 1 hr Question 87
Too hot to handle? 1 hr Lies 17
Kaitlyn M. Conley, Murder!!! 1 hr jim 18
Twin Ponds shoot em up 1 hr The 39
Utica Teachers that Cheat #10 10 hr The real giovanni 25

Utica Jobs

More from around the web