Utica police & 12 hr shifts save mone...

Utica police & 12 hr shifts save money more service

Posted in the Utica Forum

Tacoz anyone

Rome, NY

#1 Mar 28, 2012
As a tax payer I want to see Utica police on 12 he shifts it will save money more man power less over time. Just a thought.
Give Me A Raise

Little Falls, NY

#2 Mar 28, 2012
I think you should go work 12 hours a day where you work....or if you work!!
How much

Tully, NY

#3 Mar 28, 2012
Tacoz anyone wrote:
As a tax payer I want to see Utica police on 12 he shifts it will save money more man power less over time. Just a thought.
It would give you THREE PERCENT more SCHEDULED to work police officers at any given time. The cops would work less days per year, and would get more comp time to use. If they have more time to use, more would be off everyday, so the net to us taxpayers would be nothing, except tired cops working.

Think things through before you post...Tacoszzzz.
Judge

Quakertown, PA

#4 Mar 28, 2012
the liability factor is huge - known fact you screw sh#t up after 8 hours.
Tacoz anyone

Rome, NY

#5 Mar 28, 2012
Jealous all of you suck ur loser I worked 12 hrs banging your mom last night!
johnny meatballs

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Mar 29, 2012
Judge wrote:
the liability factor is huge - known fact you screw sh#t up after 8 hours.
bullsh*t, if it's so bad then why do the troopers do 12 hr shifts? I would do it in a heartbeat, just for the extra day off every week!
Troopers

Walpole, MA

#7 Mar 29, 2012
johnny meatballs wrote:
<quoted text>
bullsh*t, if it's so bad then why do the troopers do 12 hr shifts? I would do it in a heartbeat, just for the extra day off every week!
Because troopers don't take calls they just write tickets. Utica police have to deal with much more and get paid much less than the troopers
what

Syracuse, NY

#8 Mar 29, 2012
12 hour shifts are the best. I worked 160 days last year. I work less days than teachers. Plus the swing isn't as bad as rotating 8's.
Worked them both. 12's are way better.
April 1st theyre gone

Rome, NY

#9 Mar 29, 2012
Give Me A Raise wrote:
I think you should go work 12 hours a day where you work....or if you work!!
I think you should go to a job, if you have one, that actually required work! While we're at it how about a little returned respect, accountability and less self promotion?

I didn't expect it either but hey you can always ask. They need to trim down the non producing types from the nations payrolls. Oh wait! That's what's happening here and all over the country lol!
Blue Flu

Little Falls, NY

#10 Mar 29, 2012
Yeah watch the service you get......we won't bust our a$$ for nothing anymore!
harassment isnt service

Rome, NY

#11 Mar 29, 2012
Blue Flu wrote:
Anymore? Excuse me but what have you all accomplished beyond the bankruptcy of a city and total public FAILURE or CREDIBILITY that would make anyone actually think for a second you ver got off your asses at all??

I mean except to rob people on the side of the road for money and shoot people's dogs over pot plants I mean....
lmnop

East Haven, CT

#12 Mar 29, 2012
Many professions do 12 hour shifts... Ambulances and fire departments even do 24 hour shifts. Nurses, doctors, police officers (SUNY and state troopers). Twelve hour shifts would make an officer go from working 10 days out of each pay period to only 7. Suck it up for those complaining, 12 hours is not a big deal!
lol

Oneida, NY

#13 Mar 30, 2012
Blue Flu wrote:
You never did! ou guys always seem to show up after a crime is committed anyways and that will continue so what's the loss.
Really

Syracuse, NY

#14 Mar 30, 2012
Lol.....your comment was just as idiotic as Blue Flu's.......do you really think that people who decide to commit a crime wait for the police to drive down the street then commit the crime? In don't think so......it is a game of chance that police officer catches someone in the act of committing a crime.

I also have a hard time believing Blue flu is actually a police officer. Probably someone starting trouble who does not like police officers. If it is a police officer I hope I don't get him or her if I need help.
Zeeker

Ithaca, NY

#15 Mar 30, 2012
Then the cops will really take extended breaks. Just drive behind Hanaford's on Mohawk St. any time of day and you will see 2 or 3 police vehicles parked there shooting the breeze. Get these guys out of their cars or at least patrol the problem areas instead of hiding behind a shopping mall drinking coffee and doing whatever. Glad I don't live in Utica anymore
Really

United States

#16 Apr 26, 2012
If it saves money do it
I hate upd

Manlius, NY

#18 Aug 20, 2012
Good do 12 hrs tired cops means I can get away with crimes and I don't have to pay over time!
good idea

Manlius, NY

#19 Feb 5, 2013
12 hour shift inlike it saves me money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh no, Charles Manson dead !! 4 min Not Sad 1
Unnecesary traffic lights in utica 46 min Road to Nowhere 3
Frank Policelli 2 hr Jackass 8
Passapusatucci is bye-bye 3 hr Frenchkissmytwata... 17
LoMedico Wins 3 hr Chrissy Scummatino 12
Old School Bar, Culver Ave Utica NY (Jul '15) 4 hr Moe 14
Why Does The Genesee Towers Post Keep Getting R... 4 hr Jay 4
Twin Ponds shoot em up 4 hr Larry k 27
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 4 hr XYZ 43
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 4 hr Ho ho ho 909