Mt. Markham Elementary School princip...

Mt. Markham Elementary School principal lafountain charged

Posted in the Utica Forum

first amendment

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 8, 2012
WEST WINFIELD

The elementary principal at Mt. Markham Elementary School has been accused of using excessive force on a child, state police said.

State police in Herkimer arrested 57-year-old James Lafountain, of Hopson Street, Utica, on a charge of misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child, police said.

Lafountain is being accused of using excessive physical force while restraining a third-grade student at the school on Jan. 22, police said.

No serious injuries were reported.

Lafountain was issued an appearance ticket for the Town of Winfield Court returnable at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15.
real tuff guy with a shinny head,upurs
Lou Sir Avery

New York, NY

#2 Feb 8, 2012
Probably one of your scumbag relatives there, Avery. Did your daughter get the chlamydia cleared up yet?
come on

Cicero, NY

#3 Feb 8, 2012
First Amendment, No need to bring it up on here Come on, Find something better to do with your life,

But hey, thanks for copy and printing the article

idiot!
Know him

Rome, NY

#4 Feb 8, 2012
I've know Jim for years and I doubt he would EVER do anything to hurt or endanger a child. I'd like to know what happened.
Helper of Mankind

AOL

#8 Feb 8, 2012
I've known Jim and his family for years and highly doubt he would ever harm a child!
smalltownpolitic s

Ilion, NY

#10 Feb 8, 2012
Jim lafountain brought "progress" to that school district, something that alllll the older teachers do not want!! They want to stick to using chalk to teach and having teacher aides in their classrooms so they don't have to do all the work! This incident has been blown wayyyyy out of proportion!!Jim Lafountion will pay the price for a school district full of lazy lazy adults!!!It's not about the kids peoplem, don't let them fool you they are more interested in their raises than making sure your child gets a good educatiobn!
rough week

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 8, 2012
Rough week to be an administrator. First Waterville superintendent on " indefinite sick leave" and now this.

They could open a charter school!
first amendment

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 10, 2012
yeyeah go figure ...the bums want a murger in the valley.. ahhahah vote NO, upurs first u cockroach
Karma will slap you

New York, NY

#13 Feb 10, 2012
first amendment wrote:
yeyeah go figure ...the bums want a murger in the valley.. ahhahah vote NO, upurs first u cockroach
Your daughter's name is Em Avery and she gives people in Herkimer sexually transmitted infections.
zaki

Portland, OR

#14 Jun 13, 2012
markham is the worst school ever!
zaki

Portland, OR

#16 Jun 13, 2012
my 2 grade teacher she is stuped. also prinsipal she is stuped
BOHICA

Fairport, NY

#17 Aug 16, 2012
C'mon, man! The boss did what he had to do and still got screwed. I'm on his side. Will he ever be employed again? I don't know, BUT I doubt it will be in a local public school. What he did happens and there's a lot of educators (especially principals) who did the same thing at least once in their careers. Admit it! You did! I suspect he went through the "training" because his lawyer told him to to possibly save his shot at getting 20 years in for his NYS pension. Sometimes you're the bat and sometimes you're the ball.
Know him

Louisville, KY

#18 Jul 14, 2013
He's a wonderful man and means no harm. He's really close family. Just handles thing the wrong way.
who

Carlisle, MA

#19 Jul 15, 2013
Anyone know who is taking his place?
whatcha want

Manchester, CT

#20 Jul 21, 2013
hear a boardmembers friend/family is taking over. lets hope they choose someone with skill not based on knowing someone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rent 25 min bald eagle 8
oscuzzos acid reflux flavored "pizza"! 50 min hmm 2
need a good roofer (Apr '11) 1 hr Kimie 19
uticas worst tattoo arists (Oct '09) 1 hr red 137
Charter School expanding 3 hr upstate and educated 6
Should I list home with a realtor or sell myself? 4 hr Brittany 2
Who remembers the Solid Oak Band? Moss Back Mu... (Oct '08) 5 hr Frogfan 42
Name a business that's not around anymore. (Oct '13) Thu Ghost Region 224
More from around the web

Utica People Search