What

Ithaca, NY

#2 Aug 26, 2012
Get a life
Say what

Utica, NY

#3 Aug 26, 2012
parent wrote:
This distric needs to revamp its art department. First on the list: Get rid of Heather Papandrea. She's awful at teaching art. Too busy on her high horse. Not to mention her other issues. I hope my kids get Mr. Cost.
Obviously you don't know her at all or how great of a teacher she is. The only other "issues" she has are parents like you. Hopefully your kid can spell better than you. District ends with a t.
parent

Utica, NY

#4 Aug 26, 2012
Pardon me for not hitting the 't' key.

She is NOT a great teacher. She is under qualified. She is moody. She is snotty. Her students pay dearly if she is in a bad mood. If she had a good night, they have a good day. If she had a bad night, she comes to work miserable. More than one student has said this. I met her. I find her to be arrogant to say the least. Like I said, I hope my kids get Mr. Cost.
Wondering

Tampa, FL

#5 Aug 26, 2012
parent wrote:
Pardon me for not hitting the 't' key.
She is NOT a great teacher. She is under qualified. She is moody. She is snotty. Her students pay dearly if she is in a bad mood. If she had a good night, they have a good day. If she had a bad night, she comes to work miserable. More than one student has said this. I met her. I find her to be arrogant to say the least. Like I said, I hope my kids get Mr. Cost.
Maybe your kid is the problem.
Idiot

Utica, NY

#6 Aug 26, 2012
Well you sound exactly like the type of parent I would want if I was a teenager. It would have been great to have my parents take everything I said as gospel, unfortunately for me they didnt, and fortunately for your kids, you just believe everything your little darling and his/her friends say. Heres a hint, next time your kid says they are going to a sleepover at a friends house to study, it probably isnt true. You are welcome.
I would venture to guess that you are an overweight house frow that your spouse ignores and are probably jealous of an attractive teacher that you have dealt with.
parent

Utica, NY

#7 Aug 26, 2012
Well "Idiot", you have chosen a good name for yourself. Overweight house frow? Hardly. My husband of 24 years and I run marathons, and we'll run circles around you. My kids are honor students and play 2 sports each. They aren't whiners. Blah, blah, blah...say what you want. I STILL don't want my kids to be taught by Mrs. Pap.
parent

Utica, NY

#8 Aug 26, 2012
And it sounds like I hit a nerve with you.
What

Ithaca, NY

#9 Aug 26, 2012
You have to be kidding me, your worried about an ART class. I guarantee your kids have no respect for you. What's next you going to bitch about the hall monitors?
Wow

United States

#10 Aug 26, 2012
parent wrote:
Well "Idiot", you have chosen a good name for yourself. Overweight house frow? Hardly. My husband of 24 years and I run marathons, and we'll run circles around you. My kids are honor students and play 2 sports each. They aren't whiners. Blah, blah, blah...say what you want. I STILL don't want my kids to be taught by Mrs. Pap.
Anyone who raises their kids in Whitesboro schools NY and a primary interest in sports accomplishments needs to be committed or ridiculed. Good luck with the future jailers or babymommas!
sigh

Utica, NY

#11 Aug 27, 2012
To the person who thought it was ridiculous to worry about an ART class: why wouldn't you want to expose your kids to positive cultural influences, whether art, literature or music? It opens up their worlds. When they go to NYC as adults to see a Yankees game, they might also visit the Metropolitan and see the most amazing room filled with just Monets...they're breathtaking. In other words, they might grow into the kind of adults who realize there's more to life than field days and Varick St.
What

Ithaca, NY

#12 Aug 27, 2012
If your looking for cultural influences and need a high school art teacher to teach you I would stick to field days.
teacher in the know

Whitesboro, NY

#13 Aug 28, 2012
Well, if you get Mr. Cost, maybe you can get "extra help" from MO!!! LOL
parent

Utica, NY

#14 Aug 28, 2012
i know all about that. I still prefer him over Mrs. Pap.
Sad

Utica, NY

#15 Aug 28, 2012
What's really sad is that I probably know who you are or at least probably had your kids in school and you sit here on Topix and talk about an educator in this fashion. I would love to tell you to your face that you have absolutely no class. Why not actually be productive and speak directly to the hs admin and request to have Cost. You have a personal issue with Papandrea than fine, but your the one showing your true character hiding behind a keyboard.
parent

Utica, NY

#16 Aug 28, 2012
I have met and spoken with Mrs. Papandrea. I knew right away that I did not care for her. I didn't like the way she came across. I also feel, and i have my reasons, that she is not a great art teacher. I HAVE asked for Mr. Cost. Hopefully that request will be granted. Thank you for your concern.
No Joke

Utica, NY

#17 Aug 28, 2012
Some of these parents have been 'picking' their kids teachers since grade school.
wow

Utica, NY

#18 Aug 28, 2012
Sad wrote:
What's really sad is that I probably know who you are or at least probably had your kids in school and you sit here on Topix and talk about an educator in this fashion. I would love to tell you to your face that you have absolutely no class. Why not actually be productive and speak directly to the hs admin and request to have Cost. You have a personal issue with Papandrea than fine, but your the one showing your true character hiding behind a keyboard.
Are you a teacher? You don't know the difference between 'than' and 'then' and 'your' and 'you're' "You have a personal issue with Papandrea THEN fine, but YOU'RE the one showing your true character hiding behind a keyboard." If you're a teacher, how very sad for the kids. Btw, you're hiding behind a keyboard, too.
well

Manlius, NY

#19 Aug 29, 2012
If your big problem for the year is what art teacher your kids get, count your blessings. You all sound petty to me.
Wondering

Mexico

#20 Aug 29, 2012
well wrote:
If your big problem for the year is what art teacher your kids get, count your blessings. You all sound petty to me.
Agreed. She wreaks of the entitlement attitude also. She could just try teaching her kids that life isn't always fair, and sometimes you have to suck it up and deal with it. That would be a better life lesson than Mommy taking up for you every time you're not happy about something.
whatever

Baldwinsville, NY

#21 Aug 29, 2012
parent wrote:
I have met and spoken with Mrs. Papandrea. I knew right away that I did not care for her. I didn't like the way she came across. I also feel, and i have my reasons, that she is not a great art teacher. I HAVE asked for Mr. Cost. Hopefully that request will be granted. Thank you for your concern.
It is a high school lady get over it! If you want your kid to do big things with art, pay and send him to classes at Munson Williams. You don't hear people saying crap about the gym teachers not teaching their daughters a floor routine. If they want them to be good in gymnastics they pay and gesend them to Valley Gymnastics. Seriously, is your last name Picasso? If so I understand......if not, I would be more worried about math, english etc. BTW.....Heather, you are smoking hot.....that is why this person probably doesn't like you!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
al frankin groping pictures lmfao 2 min Porkulus 52
One Term Tenney 4 min mugwamp 64
NY Mills the new Cornhill 12 min Tony 4
pizza 49 min delivery 17
Oneida County Legislators Soon to Get Raise 51 min Gullible Taxpayers 63
pacenti and Cuomo united (Mar '14) 53 min Beads of Sweat 264
Teachers that cheat and Chrissy salatino thread... 53 min About time 26
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 55 min Decades of Scams 39
Twin Ponds shoot em up 1 hr Lol 26
Utica Teachers that Cheat #10 2 hr Cps 21