Deadline to register guns nears, but owners resistant

Apr 7, 2014 Full story: WKTV 23

Gun owners have made their opinions known about the New York Safe Act since its inception more than a year ago.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Resist

Rome, NY

#1 Apr 7, 2014
Resist it like so many are. Try and take the guns and arrest people and see what happens
Sadly

Chittenango, NY

#2 Apr 8, 2014
Resist wrote:
Resist it like so many are. Try and take the guns and arrest people and see what happens
What will happen? You think you're a match for them? You think they will come for you in the middle of the day?
It will be over before it started and not a shot will be fired.
Resistance is futile. Surrender.
Hook you self up with the new religious movement, become a peaceful & passive drone.
If you can't stomach that jump on the pot train, stay stoned and let your troubles melt away in front of the TV.
Sherriff Joe

Syracuse, NY

#3 Apr 8, 2014
Sadly wrote:
<quoted text>
What will happen? You think you're a match for them? You think they will come for you in the middle of the day?
It will be over before it started and not a shot will be fired.
Resistance is futile. Surrender.
Hook you self up with the new religious movement, become a peaceful & passive drone.
If you can't stomach that jump on the pot train, stay stoned and let your troubles melt away in front of the TV.
Very colorful. Another possible solution is to obey the laws on the books and change them through the proper channels if you think they're unjust. that's what's happening with pot laws but you clearly have no clue what that's about either.
sadly

Fayetteville, NY

#4 Apr 8, 2014
Sherriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Very colorful. Another possible solution is to obey the laws on the books and change them through the proper channels if you think they're unjust. that's what's happening with pot laws but you clearly have no clue what that's about either.
I agree with you, was not the one threating. As far as the pot goes ,not hater on that and believe legalization will happen across the nation.
You have to admit the the bad thing about pot is it makes being bored, OK and it's users are passive and nonconfrontational.
Also believe that the safe act has nothing to do with the average joe and more about the returning vets.
I have guns and do not like the law and agree legal routes should be taken to repeal it.
Problem is people that think they can or will do as the OP stated.
Yeah Right

Utica, NY

#5 Apr 8, 2014
Change gun laws for the better? In this the peoples republik of ny? Are you kidding? Maybe a backroom deal? Remember Komrad Koumo that thinks he's going to the white house and all his ilk before him. Not just ny but the whole northeast. In over 50 years they have never gotten better in this section of the country. Thats one reason taxpayers/honest working slobs leave and welfare milkers move in.
Yeah Right

Utica, NY

#6 Apr 8, 2014
Repeal the law? Are you kidding? This is ny in case you havent noticed. Maybe it can be repealed with a nice back room deal. As far as the reason, well they got a million reasons. The one I always liked is "we did it for the children". So why do I have to have my rights infringed? So now the state says it's ok to do drugs, gamble...whats next I can marry my sister? Own a gun...wow koumo might not get any votes like that. Ever notice how all the honest working taxpayers get steped on and leave here and all the welfare moves in? Welcome to ny. Wake up...yeah wishful thinking.
Yeah Right

Utica, NY

#7 Apr 8, 2014
Double post sorry didnt see the first one go,in. Now I guess you know how I really feel loll
Nameless

Rome, NY

#8 Apr 8, 2014
I have not seen or even heard of one single person obeying this law. On the other hand I've talked to or seen thousands who disobey it. It's your move RPD
Cops

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 8, 2014
Nameless wrote:
I have not seen or even heard of one single person obeying this law. On the other hand I've talked to or seen thousands who disobey it. It's your move RPD
You might be surprised at the number of cops who,like their counterparts in Connecticut, will not comply themselves...? What shall they do, fire all the current cops across the state and hire anew across the board? Highly doubtful.
American

Utica, NY

#10 Apr 8, 2014
I will not comply
The Badger

Syracuse, NY

#11 Apr 9, 2014
American wrote:
I will not comply
So laws to you are a buffet? Obey what you want, ignore what you don't like... Got it. Let's everybody do that! I can't drive 55!
Yeah Right

Utica, NY

#12 Apr 9, 2014
The Badger wrote:
<quoted text> So laws to you are a buffet? Obey what you want, ignore what you don't like... Got it. Let's everybody do that! I can't drive 55!
Yeah kind of like the excuse for a potus we have.
LOL

Fayetteville, NY

#13 Apr 9, 2014
Cops wrote:
<quoted text>You might be surprised at the number of cops who,like their counterparts in Connecticut, will not comply themselves...? What shall they do, fire all the current cops across the state and hire anew across the board? Highly doubtful.
LoL, not surprised, how many cops comply with the DWI laws.
You know what sucks more that not having a gun? not having a pay check,
cops will be like everybody else, noncompliance till it matters.
Unconstitutional Laws

Rome, NY

#14 Apr 10, 2014
Report: Estimated 90 Percent of New York State Gun Owners Refuse SAFE Act Registration

With the April 15 deadline for gun registration under the SAFE Act fast approaching, estimates indicate over 90 percent of gun owners have yet to comply.

Making matters worse for elected officials--and Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-N.Y.) in particular--is the fact that many law enforcement officers at various levels have openly stated that they will not enforce SAFE Act requirements.

According to BearingArms.com , while the state waits for the "registration of 1 million firearms designated as 'assault weapons' under the NY SAFE Act," leaks believed to be coming from within the New York State Police indicate the number registered to date is "as low as...3,000-5,000 firearms."

This figure is impossible to verify beyond a shadow of doubt because a provision in the SAFE Act forbids law enforcement from releasing registration figures.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/09/report-e...

REBELLION: Over 90% of NY Gun Owners Refusing SAFE Act Registration

According to BearingArms.com , while the state waits for the “registration of 1 million firearms designated as ‘assault weapons’ under the NY SAFE Act,” leaks believed to be coming from within the New York State Police indicate the number registered to date is “as low as…3,000-5,000 firearms.”

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/second-ame...
Unconstitutional Laws

Rome, NY

#15 Apr 10, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL, not surprised, how many cops comply with the DWI laws.
You know what sucks more that not having a gun? not having a pay check,
cops will be like everybody else, noncompliance till it matters.
shows their morals...none. but I'm a hero because I'm a cop...
Help

Chittenango, NY

#16 Apr 10, 2014
Well Andy you better add in knives, scissors and letter openers.
I'm scared protect me Andy.
Where should I register my chef knive?
Uncle Ted

Selkirk, NY

#17 Apr 10, 2014
The shot heard around the world will be the first law enforcement officer that is shot off someone's porch as they attempt to confiscate an individual's firearms under the SAFE act. It is truly unfortunate that it will come to that.
Postman

Bronx, NY

#18 Apr 22, 2014
Until the SAFE act is repealed I wipe my ass with the American flag!
Troll Droppings

Syracuse, NY

#19 Apr 22, 2014
whatta bunch of tools some of you gun lovin' boys are. take heart douche bags. the sheriff explained quite clearly that which reasonable people and law abiding gun owners already know. lawmen won't be going door to door confiscating your precious dick substitutes. no unreasonable searches will happen. there needs to be probable cause and search warrants for that so register or not. i couldn't care less. BUT if in the course of a legal investigation or warranted search you're found to have illegal firearms (or anything else illegal) those things WILL be confiscated and you will face the consequences. so boast here all you want chicken shitz. if you had any balls you'd OPENLY defy the law, publish your big bad name, force your own arrest and show that your convictions have meaning beyond hiding in the closet! but nooooo. LOL
Big Bad Guy

Utica, NY

#20 Apr 22, 2014
Troll Droppings wrote:
whatta bunch of tools some of you gun lovin' boys are. take heart douche bags. the sheriff explained quite clearly that which reasonable people and law abiding gun owners already know. lawmen won't be going door to door confiscating your precious dick substitutes. no unreasonable searches will happen. there needs to be probable cause and search warrants for that so register or not. i couldn't care less. BUT if in the course of a legal investigation or warranted search you're found to have illegal firearms (or anything else illegal) those things WILL be confiscated and you will face the consequences. so boast here all you want chicken shitz. if you had any balls you'd OPENLY defy the law, publish your big bad name, force your own arrest and show that your convictions have meaning beyond hiding in the closet! but nooooo. LOL
Spoken like the little pimple face liberal/communist/disneylander you are. Vote for hillery

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best divorce attorneys in utica (Feb '11) 3 min Tired of It 30
I Love You Soooooo. 5 min Perez Hilton 3
2 cops dead where is Al Sharpten 32 min sammy 1
north utica dunkin 36 min taylor 4
Nano Utica question. 48 min Truth 34
R.I.P., Rashy. R.I.P. 1 hr Left and loving it 2
Notre Dame Warmack 1 hr ngfan 2
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 2 hr Sprung 300
THANKS everyoneWE DID IT Riggies BURNT OUT Lol!! 12 hr rich new tech LOL 30
Shame on Fire Chief Russell Brooks 13 hr Sad 67