Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Free Advice

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jan 12, 2012
Step 1- First
Have two different lawyers agree to take your claim.

Step 2- Then
Tell them you'll come back to sign the legal papers.

Step 3- Next make an appointment with the congressman.

Step4- You wait.
boywonder

AOL

#6 Jan 12, 2012
Free advice is best!!
He who knows

Cicero, IL

#7 Apr 25, 2012
Social Security needs a MAJOR change in it's laws! Especially when and if the person receiving Social Security wants to get married, or the parents of a disabled person want to get married. Right now, Social Security has it's laws set up so that anyone with a disability who gets married automatically forfeits all disability benefits, including income! That type of stuff is greed, and greed is a sin! In fact, greed is one of the 7 deadly sins! And that is also encouraging people with disabilities to live in sin. It does not matter if the other spouse is non disabled and working; there is no way of knowing if and when the disabled spouse's income will come in handy. All married couples can easily use a reserve tank!

Today's Social Security administration is nothing more or less than a sinful bureaucracy!
truth

Baltimore, MD

#8 Apr 25, 2012
He who knows wrote:
Social Security needs a MAJOR change in it's laws! Especially when and if the person receiving Social Security wants to get married, or the parents of a disabled person want to get married. Right now, Social Security has it's laws set up so that anyone with a disability who gets married automatically forfeits all disability benefits, including income! That type of stuff is greed, and greed is a sin! In fact, greed is one of the 7 deadly sins! And that is also encouraging people with disabilities to live in sin. It does not matter if the other spouse is non disabled and working; there is no way of knowing if and when the disabled spouse's income will come in handy. All married couples can easily use a reserve tank!
Today's Social Security administration is nothing more or less than a sinful bureaucracy!
You have absolutely no idea what youre talking about. Getting mar ried has absolutely no affect on your Social Security Disability. It might,however,have some affect or even terminate a persons SSI benefits,that are based on need,just like welfare. If you're on SSI and marry someone making $100,000 a year, why should the taxpayers continue to support you.
Get your facts straight before you make stupid comments..
He who knows

Cicero, IL

#9 Apr 25, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have absolutely no idea what youre talking about. Getting mar ried has absolutely no affect on your Social Security Disability. It might,however,have some affect or even terminate a persons SSI benefits,that are based on need,just like welfare. If you're on SSI and marry someone making $100,000 a year, why should the taxpayers continue to support you.
Get your facts straight before you make stupid comments..
Oh yes it does! Don't try to get smart with us citizens! Getting married, especially to a non disabled person, currently totally forfeits especially such benefits as Medicaid, Medicare, and that monthly income of money the disabled person receives from Social Security! What if the non disabled spouse got laid off, became unemployed, or something? And then the disabled person's income is all they have! All couples deserve to have at least some backup! This means that the Feds would be technically ordering the disabled person to either live in total isolation, or be thrown into eternal fire.
fed-man

Watertown, NY

#10 Apr 25, 2012
He who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes it does! Don't try to get smart with us citizens! Getting married, especially to a non disabled person, currently totally forfeits especially such benefits as Medicaid, Medicare, and that monthly income of money the disabled person receives from Social Security! What if the non disabled spouse got laid off, became unemployed, or something? And then the disabled person's income is all they have! All couples deserve to have at least some backup! This means that the Feds would be technically ordering the disabled person to either live in total isolation, or be thrown into eternal fire.
You are such a stupid aszhole!! You are confusing Social Security Disability with SSI. Two different programs,different rules. I hope no-one reading this thread believes what this jerk is posting.
Getting married does NOT affect your Social Security Disability. That is a earned benefit for those who paid their FICA taxes Assholes like you that never worked get SSI, which IS affected by marriage, but not necessarily terminated. Read your pamphlets,jerk-o!

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Mclean, VA

#12 Jan 12, 2013
My friend was passing through the same situation but someone advised us to go to Harold Skovronsky. He is an experienced person and solved so many cases. He solves the case from start to end. My friend is very satisfied with this work. You can also go to him.
Tired of lazy people

United States

#13 Jan 12, 2013
They should do away with All these welfare programs. Disability is putting a Major drain on resources. Lazy ass people will take a free Check any day rather that look for a job. All of us have back pain and any of us could describe it as severe and get disability with a good lawyer. Most will collect that check from the government and still have a job under the books, all of us know people doing this. There needs to be real reform in this area.
reality

Utica, NY

#15 Jan 12, 2013
Tired of lazy people wrote:
They should do away with All these welfare programs. Disability is putting a Major drain on resources. Lazy ass people will take a free Check any day rather that look for a job. All of us have back pain and any of us could describe it as severe and get disability with a good lawyer. Most will collect that check from the government and still have a job under the books, all of us know people doing this. There needs to be real reform in this area.
I disagree. SS Disability is intended for those that are medically unable to work and have contributed their share of paying their SS taxes prior to them becoming disable.

The few I personally know that are on SS Disability are truly disable and getting worst. I certainly do not envy them at all for the pain they live with.

SSI is completely different and have different criteria. Thanks to those that have tried to explain this.
Wow

Utica, NY

#17 Jan 12, 2013
I agree there are those that are genuinely disabled but it is not hard to find a doctor to attest that a patient is disabled because it is sooo easy to fake symptoms and there are crooked doctors/nurse practioners also that will falsely fill papers out for money.

Don't let me start with all the lawyers that specialize in working the system to get disability for you even if they do not meet strict criteria.

I know many that live really well with this flaw in the system.

charlie

Quincy, MA

#18 Jan 12, 2013
Its called the east utica pension. I think half of the people in this area are on ssi dbl. A real slap in the face for those of us who work hard. Its sad that if you look at alot of local families you have 3 generations of ssi dbl. Dirtbags
working man

Dracut, MA

#19 Jan 12, 2013
charlie wrote:
Its called the east utica pension. I think half of the people in this area are on ssi dbl. A real slap in the face for those of us who work hard. Its sad that if you look at alot of local families you have 3 generations of ssi dbl. Dirtbags
. I agree with everything you said 100%!! I know a lot of lazy East Utica Italians on that.
help

Utica, NY

#20 Jan 12, 2013
working man wrote:
<quoted text>. I agree with everything you said 100%!! I know a lot of lazy East Utica Italians on that.
lets worry about making the welfare law that drug tests

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#21 Jan 12, 2013
Tired of lazy people wrote:
You have to prove it,shit-for-brains!
ted

Syracuse, NY

#22 Jan 13, 2013
Questioning wrote:
My sister needs to get on Social Security disability. Her doctor is behind her. It's not a fake claim and she is entitled. She's worked all her life.
I've heard that Social Security will deny the claim and that a lawyer is suggested to have on board.
A lot of lawyers advertise for Social Security disability claims. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of a good lawyer who doesn't drag his feet and is fair?
ps..the lawyer only gets paid if you win.
Stanley law offices

Utica, NY

#24 Jan 24, 2013
They are top notch and very friendly. They will help you step by step. I am using them now. I was injured in an accident in 2002 was told I wouldn't walk again and that I should apply for ssdi but I refused and proved the doctors wrong or so I thought. I went back to work 4 years later worked for 5 years and now I wish I didn't. I am worse now than I was when it happened. If you are truly hurt listen to your doc and get a good one. I am only applying for it to get me by while I'm retraining for a job that I may be able to do. I do not want to sit home and collect a check. Besides you don't get very much anyway. Better off working if you can.
ted

Syracuse, NY

#25 Jan 25, 2013
kjohn5 wrote:
I am really interested in this subject. Thanks for posting. I have been looking at getting a social security disability attorney, but I am terribly uninformed on the subject. I have visited this site, http://www.johngeeattorney.com/social_securit... hoping to get a little more info.
From what I remember, you would go to a Doctor that must agree that you are really disabled in some way then you ask around to find a good disability lawyer who will steer you in the right direction. That's about it to start. As you go along you will also have to agree to being examined by disability Doctors anf finally a judge will decide. Social security decisions take about a year.. good luck
Cousin Vinny

Kirkville, NY

#26 Jan 25, 2013
Try Paul Longeretta, he's the biggest Loser!!!!!!
mo

Utica, NY

#28 Jan 27, 2013
Get a job
Been There

Utica, NY

#29 Jan 27, 2013
Must be a local disability lawyer on Topix because my post with links to national SSD advocates was deleted.

Freedom Disability dot com

Binder and Binder dot com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Know you're a Utica Comets Welfare Hockey fan w... 13 min Ignorant Utican 19
im A RACIST STUCK IN UTICA 15 min im FRUSTRATED 10
Bobby Oliveira "asking" Frank Tallarino to step... 16 min Robert T Oliveira 10
Already Thankful - Jason is Off 17 min Oootica 1
Utica NY Draws Strange Looks Elsewhere 18 min Triple Chinned Ut... 4
Study shows Utica - Rome are on the verge of an... 19 min Triple Chinned Ut... 23
Whitesboro Prison 21 min Fingers Crossed 4
Why I left (and love it!) 44 min Happy 90
wktv hits ultimate low 44 min umm ummm 27
Who is Michael Nassar 46 min Wow 8
cornhill protest 4 hr DISEASE 25
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:37 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:37PM
Rex Ryan: We have two good quarterbacks
NBC Sports 2:39 PM
Tannehill on the upswing heading into Jets game - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:26 PM
Dolphins vs. Jets: Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 4:44 PM
Breaking Down Dolphins Game Plan vs. Jets
Bleacher Report 5:21 PM
Odell Beckham Jr. Seeking Giants Rookie Record for 100-Yard Games
NBC Sports 6:44 PM
Little, Frolik lead Jets to 2-1 win over Sabres - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:52 PM
Breaking Down Bills' Game Plan vs. Browns
Bleacher Report 8:32 PM
Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets: What Are Experts Saying About New York?
Bleacher Report 8:32 PM
Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets: What Are Experts Saying About New York?
Bleacher Report 9:03 PM
Breaking Down NY's Game Plan vs. Jacksonville