H r block rip offs!!!!

Posted in the Utica Forum

Legit tax payer

United States

#1 Feb 18, 2013
Has anyone received tax funds from them yet???? I filed over three weeks ago and still haven't received them. They charges me just about 300 and other people I know that didn't go through them already received them. If I call to inquire about this do I call them or do I call irs?
Ricky

Clinton, NY

#2 Feb 18, 2013
With all the online EASY tax services to use - only an IDIOT like you would pay H+R Block $300.00.
Coming together

Syracuse, NY

#3 Feb 18, 2013
Legit tax payer wrote:
Has anyone received tax funds from them yet???? I filed over three weeks ago and still haven't received them. They charges me just about 300 and other people I know that didn't go through them already received them. If I call to inquire about this do I call them or do I call irs?
just trying to help ya here but you may want to chill a bit on blaming hr block. The IRS has had some issues lately processing refunds. There may be something that isn't HR blocks fault like claiming the energy credits (for windows or insulation). The IRS isn't even processing those until later. It the governments way of making people forfeit some money in an attempt for speed.

HR Block is actually an excellent company believe it or not, and no, I don't work for them.
tax guy

Syracuse, NY

#4 Feb 18, 2013
HR Block knows what they are doing. You are gonna pay a little bit more but I think its worth it
Sheldon

Clinton, NY

#5 Feb 18, 2013
How many different names are you going to post under in this thread?
Crunchy

Syracuse, NY

#6 Feb 18, 2013
If you're too stupid to do your own taxes you probably should just lay down in the street and die!
Legit tax payer

United States

#7 Feb 18, 2013
I just came here for a little advice. Your people are so critical. At least I work and file taxes every year. And you still have something to say. Would you rather have me sit on my azz and e on welfare? Either way you will still be taking shyt.
Legit tax payer

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2013
ToxicDude wrote:
did mine for free on HRBlock.com ...only took 2 weeks to get my federal refund back....still waiting on my NYS...but they always dick around......
thank your input and being mature.
did own taxes

Rome, NY

#10 Feb 18, 2013
check the irs.gov website, where's my refund it will tell you whether your return has been accepted and the status
west 4th lake

Danielson, CT

#11 Feb 18, 2013
Legit tax payer wrote:
My god! Nowadays there are online services that a helper monkey could use to prepare taxes. You my friend got your poop chute enlarged.
baby k

East Granby, CT

#12 Feb 18, 2013
Legit tax payer wrote:
you are full of crap they did mine and i got 3400 back and it cost me 85 dollars got my ck back in 12 days.
Legit tax payer

United States

#13 Feb 18, 2013
How are you gonna tell me how much I paid. I have dependent a u use a different form than the 1040 ez.
Legit tax payer

United States

#14 Feb 18, 2013
And I'm getting more back than you
Frustrated

United States

#15 Feb 18, 2013
I hate hr block, but since I moved states didn't want the hassle of filing for 2 states. Chick didn't know what she was doing. Somehow managed to owe previous state $800. Having second opinion done before submitting. After fees and insurance, costing $500+ to file this year. Can't wait to go back to e-filing. Such a scam.
Whifat

Watertown, NY

#16 Feb 19, 2013
Can't blame the preparer. The IRS is a bit off this year. Education credits didn't get processed until this weekend no matter when you filed and there are still plenty of forms that are still delayed. Some people got refunds but not everyone. And their website only shows when they are accepted so if the form isn't ready it will show like they have no record of the return at all. Be patient. It will come

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SUNY Poly offers tours of region's future 4 min Nice Try Lie 122
Utica is the best place to raise a family on th... 8 min Genius 3
Bill Gates makes $4100 every minute. 8 min Seattle 2
US blacks holding everyone hostage 8 min eastutica 1
Field of Dreams 9 min Typical Coach losers 3
Nano Nano Part 1 11 min Genius 19
Vitullo Obitary 23 min Good riddence 10
frozen dome classic 40 min Frozen Dumb Classic 46
Local Greaser Angelo "Wopslop" Nole dies! Good ... 57 min Alive and well 19
state farm new hartford 3 hr All in the Family 48