Vescios in Marcy Beware of High Prices
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Never Ate There Again

Utica, NY

#23 May 3, 2013
Mr Clean wrote:
The first and last time I went to the Franklin I saw the old man, Mr V, clearing the tables. He wiped his bald head with a towel and then used the same one to continue wipng the table. I just had a drink and split.
I worked in Rome. We heard that the reason the Franklin gives large portions is because they don't throw food away. You figure it out.
sad

Liverpool, NY

#24 May 5, 2013
Never Ate There Again wrote:
<quoted text> I worked in Rome. We heard that the reason the Franklin gives large portions is because they don't throw food away. You figure it out.
so sad, someone like you, who never accomplished anything in there life tearing down someone else who is successful and hard working.
Hmmm may I add

Waterville, NY

#25 May 7, 2013
First things first, the pastries are not made fresh daily. Yes they are made at the Franklin every morning, however, they are stocked the next day. Essentially you are getting (atleast) day old pastries everyday. Second, I must agree that the prices are vastly overpriced. Before I had known about there slimey pastry practices I had purchased a half dozen pastries, which in fact added up to a little over $22 bucks. Outraged I was, but it wasn't the end of the world. Now here's where I drew the line. We had ordered two panini's for lunch with pasta salad, would rather prefer french frys but they don't ever them, or atleast didn't at this time. The panini's we had ordered in the menu were priced at $6.95 a pop, so you would think you would pay around $13 and some change after tax, wrong. A little over $18 so Im just curious where the extra $5 comes from? Maybe the little styrofoam cup they fill with pasta salad that they claim is the side that comes with the panini. And to think that's where it ended, it was just my luck that I had a three inch long grey hair in my salad, complements of the old gent they have in the back. So I called talked to mike I believe he assured me he would take care of me the next time we came in, what a mistake it was to trust these guys again. The very next morning we came in for breakfast because riverside was packed. We sat down, had two coffee's, and ordered two breakfast burritos, oh and took one orange juice for the road. After waiting 15 minutes the burritos finally came. They were delicious but tiny for the price. So we finish and walk up to checkout and Mike notices me and rings us up for $19.00 or so. He doesn't "hook" me up or nothing, charges me full price for two dainty burritos, two cups of coffee, and an orange juice. For anyone looking for a good deli/pastry shop, look else where because this place is a joke. They rip you off, and care nothing about customer service. And for the comment of always being busy, walk in sometime it's always the same old men shooting the shit in the corner, not ordering anything and staying for hours, filling up the parking lot.
Well

Newington, CT

#26 May 8, 2013
The main point is this, whether you like them or not, opinions vary. But learn to ask what something costs! You don't blind shop in the mall do you? Learn to be responsible for your action and don't complain if you feel ripped off. You have no one to blame but your self
WTF

Albany, NY

#27 May 8, 2013
Mr Clean wrote:
The first and last time I went to the Franklin I saw the old man, Mr V, clearing the tables. He wiped his bald head with a towel and then used the same one to continue wipng the table. I just had a drink and split.
He's a lowlife dirtbag who dosent take credit cards debit cards or checks because he cheats on paying taxes. His restaurants are filthy and he hires junkies and x- cons to cook your food. But you get a full plate of crap food at a low price.
Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#28 May 8, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>He's a lowlife dirtbag who dosent take credit cards debit cards or checks because he cheats on paying taxes. His restaurants are filthy and he hires junkies and x- cons to cook your food. But you get a full plate of crap food at a low price.
You got it right.
Hmmm may I add

Waterville, NY

#29 May 8, 2013
Well wrote:
The main point is this, whether you like them or not, opinions vary. But learn to ask what something costs! You don't blind shop in the mall do you? Learn to be responsible for your action and don't complain if you feel ripped off. You have no one to blame but your self
No the main point for you must be to learn to read because I clearly knew how much I was paying. Its his hidden charges, lack of cleanliness, and lack of respect for his customers which is to blame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobbyo is running for County Legislator 1 hr Larry 1
4 yo CHILD ABUSED BY SOWBOON IN BRICK HOUSING 2 hr J SEEMANN 13
blacks HIGHEST OBESITY RATE PROVEN ALL OVER AME... 2 hr J SEEMANN 14
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 2 hr Justice 179
Fat Women Walking Dogs 2 hr itscool 2
How R the Edge Paid Trolls? 2 hr night shift 1
Im A Paid Topix Troll 2 hr paid troll 13
Usmail Electric BUSTED in State CometsSCAM Audi... 3 hr Looks real shady 53
tenney 3 hr brady bunch 79

Utica Jobs