Vescios in Marcy Beware of High Prices

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brady

Utica, NY

#1 Apr 2, 2013
A bunch of us went there for lunch the other day. Food was good. Prices fair. Where they get you is if/when u order the pastries. Man-o-man---if u think Holland Farms is expen$ive----wait till u buy your pastries from Vescio!!! You'll pay nearly the price of your lunch for only like THREE pastries! If u buy a half dozen, you'll pay close to $20!
hank hill

Jeffersonville, IN

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Were they good though?
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#3 Apr 2, 2013
Brady wrote:
A bunch of us went there for lunch the other day. Food was good. Prices fair. Where they get you is if/when u order the pastries. Man-o-man---if u think Holland Farms is expen$ive----wait till u buy your pastries from Vescio!!! You'll pay nearly the price of your lunch for only like THREE pastries! If u buy a half dozen, you'll pay close to $20!
Were the prices posted before you ordered? If they were, were you brought into such a state of euphoria where you couldn't resist the purchase of the pastries? Do you need to order pastries at lunchtime? If you can't afford pastries should you be eating out? Do you need three pastries for yourself? Do you need to be buying a half a dozen pastries at one sitting?
hank hill

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
Were the prices posted before you ordered? If they were, were you brought into such a state of euphoria where you couldn't resist the purchase of the pastries? Do you need to order pastries at lunchtime? If you can't afford pastries should you be eating out? Do you need three pastries for yourself? Do you need to be buying a half a dozen pastries at one sitting?
do you need to be a jackass?

I guess you can take the dumbass out of Utica but you can't take Utica out of the dumbass. Clifton park is soooo lucky to have you!
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#5 Apr 3, 2013
hank hill wrote:
<quoted text>
do you need to be a jackass?
I guess you can take the dumbass out of Utica but you can't take Utica out of the dumbass. Clifton park is soooo lucky to have you!
All legitimate questions actually. If someone doesn't like the price don't buy it. Does this concept escape you?
hank hill

Medina, OH

#6 Apr 3, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
All legitimate questions actually. If someone doesn't like the price don't buy it. Does this concept escape you?
actually only your first question was legitimate, the rest were condescending. And no the concept doesn't escape me, do you only buy for you when making little extra purchases? I wouldn't buy just one pastry if I were taking them home, theres other ppl there that I would think of and buy for them as well. I'm not defending the original poster for the price comment as the prices were probably displayed somewhere before he purchased the pastries, just saying that when you're buying for 7 rather than 1, it can add up quickly. And normally, things that cost a little more are worth it, I'm still waiting to find out if they were.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#7 Apr 3, 2013
hank hill wrote:
<quoted text>
actually only your first question was legitimate, the rest were condescending. And no the concept doesn't escape me, do you only buy for you when making little extra purchases? I wouldn't buy just one pastry if I were taking them home, theres other ppl there that I would think of and buy for them as well. I'm not defending the original poster for the price comment as the prices were probably displayed somewhere before he purchased the pastries, just saying that when you're buying for 7 rather than 1, it can add up quickly. And normally, things that cost a little more are worth it, I'm still waiting to find out if they were.
No they are actually all legitimate questions. If someone can't manage the price of pastries into their budget...they probably shouldn't be buying pastries or eating out for that matter.

...I can hear it now...your honor...I went bankrupt because of the cupcakes! Lol
hank hill

Medina, OH

#8 Apr 3, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are actually all legitimate questions. If someone can't manage the price of pastries into their budget...they probably shouldn't be buying pastries or eating out for that matter.
...I can hear it now...your honor...I went bankrupt because of the cupcakes! Lol
noone said they couldn't afford it, they were just giving an idea of how much they cost.
phantom

Carthage, NY

#9 Apr 3, 2013
my wife bought some pastries from them and they appeared to have been purchased form bj's or some restaurant supply company. the stuff is over priced.
No Big Deal

Utica, NY

#10 Apr 3, 2013
My friend just picked from the glass case (no prices listed in the case). She just wanted to bring a few things home.......NOT realizing how pricey they were. She bought them. Her ppl liked them, but she said she wouldn't buy like that again. The whole point was to tell readers that when you buy pastries there, you 'll pay nearly as much for them as for your lunch!
it is me

Saranac Lake, NY

#11 Apr 3, 2013
b ull all the baked goods are homemade and are huge .have gone in several times. if you want good stuff you have to pay for it. or go to bjs.but i am sure if you dont go back they wont miss you.
Holy cheap people

Herkimer, NY

#12 Apr 3, 2013
There pastries are made fresh at the Franklin in Rome. Fresh fresh fresh. You people bitch about the stupidest things. So it cost another 6 bucks or more over a dozen dunkin donuts. By the looks of the crowd there everyday don't think there prices are driving people away.
Happy Gilmore

Ithaca, NY

#13 Apr 3, 2013
I have been wanting to go in there, i drove past today and couldn't tell if it was open or not. You really should put up a bigger sign so people know where you are. The Franklin in rome is soo great. The atmosphere, food, and yes the pastries. And yes, they are pricey but soooo worth it. It's a nice treat every once in a while:)
Vita

Westborough, MA

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Food is great. Paste ties suck and they are never the same size!! Sometime large croissant other times tiny tiny Sam with the Danishes..
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#15 Apr 3, 2013
I will NEVER go there until they lower the prices on the pastries. Thank you very much for the heads up.
CCP

Gouverneur, NY

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
I will NEVER go there until they lower the prices on the pastries. Thank you very much for the heads up.
You'll never go anywhere unless your nose is up yo' mamma's stank clam. Enjoy.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#17 Apr 3, 2013
CCP wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never go anywhere unless your nose is up yo' mamma's stank clam. Enjoy.
More third grade humor whitesboro trash? Was graduating from elementary school your educational high point?
CCP

Gouverneur, NY

#18 Apr 3, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
More third grade humor whitesboro trash? Was graduating from elementary school your educational high point?
Check yo' mamma's azzzz lips. Know her whole. Enjoy.
Good food

Schenectady, NY

#21 May 3, 2013
Your a typical idiot who buys baked goods from walmart and dunkin donuts. Quality baked goods such as riccotta which is used is expensive its not just whipped cream in a can so go back to dunkin and eat that garbage!!!
Mr Clean

Manlius, NY

#22 May 3, 2013
The first and last time I went to the Franklin I saw the old man, Mr V, clearing the tables. He wiped his bald head with a towel and then used the same one to continue wipng the table. I just had a drink and split.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OC Ranked 52 of 62 Unhealthiest Counties 5 min seriously 32
Utica Jr. Comets Sex Abuse Investigation! 7 min Dave PP Toucher 44
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies 7 min seriously 9
Cookies 20 min oie 7
Who Would Be On Utica Area's All-Time Baseball ... (Oct '10) 30 min Furn2121 174
Chuck U Schumer 30 min MAGA 13
West Side Dental North Utica (May '12) 36 min Looking for new d... 12
New hartford is the new east utica 49 min oie 215
Harmony Speciale 3 hr Terry 39
Kelly Esche 7 hr YES SIR YES SIR T... 70
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 7 hr DREDLOC ROT 960

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages