SCUMBAG Cuomo to confiscate firearms.

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Enough

Utica, NY

#1 Mar 22, 2013
Cuomo is now offering $ 500.00 for citizens to turn in their neighbors for weapons and magazines.

Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin (R,C,I-Melrose) today released a letter that was emailed from the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) to the New York State Association of Chiefs of Police outlining a new initiative by Governor Cuomo and DCJS that would confiscate illegal firearms, including those that are not registered but were previously legal before the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act (Safe Act) was rammed through the legislature in January. According to the letter, sent out on Tuesday, the state would provide a $500 reward, through tax dollars, to an individual who turns in his neighbor for possessing an illegal firearm. DCJS is planning a “comprehensive campaign” to announce this initiative which includes a toll-free tip line and details of how to text to submit a tip against their neighbor.

“In December, Governor Cuomo stated that ‘confiscation could be an option,’ and now it appears he is staying true to his word with this dangerous new initiative,” said McLaughlin.“This initiative seeks to turn neighbor against neighbor and use their own tax dollars to pay for the $500 reward. Confiscating these once-legal firearms from law-abiding citizens and pitting neighbors against one another does nothing to address the root cause of violence with guns in our society: illegal handguns used by real criminals. While Albany confiscates firearms, evil will unfortunately still wander our streets.”

McLaughlin has been critical of the Governor and state Legislature for taking a victory lap while mental health issues, prescription drug abuse and the role of anti-depressants in these recent mass shootings, which should have been the true substance of the New York Safe Act, went so poorly addressed.

“With the stroke of his pen in January, Governor Cuomo made criminals out of police officers who step foot on school grounds with their own service weapon. Yet, instead of moving swiftly to pass an amendment to exempt police officers, the Governor and DCJS have deemed confiscation of previously legal firearms a higher priority.”

Assemblyman McLaughlin represents the 107th District, which consists of parts of Rensselaer, Columbia and Washington counties. For more information, please visit Assemblyman McLaughlin’s official website.
johnnymear

Hampton, VA

#3 Mar 22, 2013
I suggest everyone mind their own business and never ever rat on anyone, this shit will go away if we all behave... Remeber what your mother told you, no one likes a tattle tale. Plus this will never make it through a constitutional review as it is miss use of tax dollars and just plain wrong. We are americans not rats, time to stand up and fight if need be, remember the people who wrote the constitution were fighting a tyrannical government and wanted to make sure citizens could protect themselves against such a government in the future, hence the 2nd amendment, our right to bare arms. If they have all the guns how can we stop them, we won't and we will be slaves or in jail or dead. That's our future if we allow this crap to happen.
Crazy

Holden, MA

#4 Mar 22, 2013
If they are breaking the law, it is your duty to turn them in!
law abiding citizen

New York, NY

#6 Mar 22, 2013
Blue Bandit wrote:
How are they breaking the law by owning a gun you rat!?
When a person possesses something that is illegal to possess, then it is breaking the law. Not a hard concept Poindexter!
Hello

Utica, NY

#7 Mar 22, 2013
Peaceful, law abiding gun owners wouldn't break the law.

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8 Mar 22, 2013
Crazy wrote:
The Governor is the one who is breaking the law by violating the US Constitution. He is the one that should be turned in to the authorities. What if he said that it was illegal to own an oven mitt. Would you be turning in you neighbors then?
reality sez

New York, NY

#9 Mar 22, 2013
I see dum people wrote:
<quoted text>
The Governor is the one who is breaking the law by violating the US Constitution. He is the one that should be turned in to the authorities. What if he said that it was illegal to own an oven mitt. Would you be turning in you neighbors then?
Actually, the SAFE act is not against the law nor unconstitutional. The SAFE act bans only certain types of firearms and magazines for ammunition. Since the SAFE act does not ban ALL firearms, it does not run contrary to the Second Amendment. You can still own guns, just not certain kinds. Your Second Amendment rights have not been removed. Just like the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons ban of the past, the SAFE act does not counter the 2nd.
Drug money

Meriden, CT

#10 Mar 22, 2013
Yeah turd burgled. I'm sure the criminals will turn in all there illegal guns. Youre a piece of shit.
route 12

Wilbraham, MA

#11 Mar 22, 2013
Crazy wrote:
screw you
son of abitch

Wilbraham, MA

#12 Mar 22, 2013
their never getting my guns i will go out like randy weaver did
Hello

Utica, NY

#13 Mar 22, 2013
son of abitch wrote:
their never getting my guns i will go out like randy weaver did
Another peaceful, sane, law abiding gun owner.
TL1N

Utica, NY

#15 Mar 22, 2013
Crazy wrote:
Another moron who thinks all laws are acceptable, simply by virtue of being a law.

I suppose we should go back to slavery and segregation too, huh?
Hello

Utica, NY

#16 Mar 22, 2013
TL1N wrote:
<quoted text>
Another moron who thinks all laws are acceptable, simply by virtue of being a law.
I suppose we should go back to slavery and segregation too, huh?
That is for the courts to decide.

Individual citizens deciding what laws to abide by is anarchy.
hank hill

Winnebago, IL

#17 Mar 22, 2013
They're trying to get you to snap and use them so they can take the guns...didn't I hear this morning how the NRA is suing the state of NY for this bullshit?

I say, if you snap, do it woth a group and at least take out the political idiots that think they can change the laws to get them votes. There isn't one elected leader that gives a shit about any one of us, gun owner or not.
Hello

Utica, NY

#18 Mar 22, 2013
Anyone who gets so angry about legislation that they could consider murdering someone doesn't need a firearm anyway!
Self-fufilling prophecy.
finally

Herkimer, NY

#19 Mar 22, 2013
reality sez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the SAFE act is not against the law nor unconstitutional. The SAFE act bans only certain types of firearms and magazines for ammunition. Since the SAFE act does not ban ALL firearms, it does not run contrary to the Second Amendment. You can still own guns, just not certain kinds. Your Second Amendment rights have not been removed. Just like the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons ban of the past, the SAFE act does not counter the 2nd.
Someone with some sense on this site hits the nail on the head. SAFE does not violate the 2nd Amendment
hank hill

Winnebago, IL

#20 Mar 22, 2013
Hello wrote:
Anyone who gets so angry about legislation that they could consider murdering someone doesn't need a firearm anyway!
Self-fufilling prophecy.
oh please, just because they're mad enough to kill someone doesn't mean they will. Not everyone who owns a gun for target practice or personal security is completely off their rocker. I'd say its a safe bet that they want to keep their weapons and WONT shoot someone for the sport of it, otherwise why bother following the law to have them registered? Its alot easier and faster to purchase an unregistered firearm than to go through the legal channels to get one, yet they do.
COP

Rome, NY

#21 Mar 23, 2013
Hey I know what Coumo wants to do Let just shit can the Bill Of Rights with the tip line on guns

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrantless_sear...

In the United States, warrantless searches are restricted under the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution, part of the Bill of Rights, which provides that "The right of the people to be secure...against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
Haha

Utica, NY

#22 Mar 23, 2013
You idiot! We have tip lines for many things, guns in schools, drugs, etc. That doesn't mean that police suddenly get to search without a warrant.

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#23 Mar 23, 2013
reality sez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the safe act is unconstitutional because it bans common firearms and accessories. Why do you think Cuomo is back peddling on the 7-round magazine limit. Because he's a jolly good guy?

The fact is that standard magazines are usually 10 or more for common guns. Guns with less rounds are the exception and not the general rule. His 7-round magazine limit essentially eliminated 95% of hand guns.

Cuomo's war against law-abiding gun owners is so insane that he now states that we can own the 10 round magazines but only load them with 7-rounds. Do you think the criminals will follow that law?

I've seen idiots state that bazookas, rockets launchers and grenades are illegal so the government CAN limit the right to bear arms. Well first off The ban does not cover those. Those items have never been readily available or in use by the general public. However, semi-automatic rifles have been in use and common for the public to have since the early part of the last century.

Semi-automatic weapons were also used in the Battle of Athens which was when the people rose up against the corrupt government to ensure a fair vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is a good dentist in Utica? 6 min Diane 8
Tazz Hanna 7 min student 7
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 11 min SueNY 5,677
New Hartford music teacher 18 min done 2
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 30 min henry 58
Utica Aud: AHL Welfare All-Star game 53 min Cretin is Riggie ... 235
Comets win Home opener in a shut out 56 min Cretin is Riggie ... 10
Bobby Zumpano - Dave's Big Brother BUSTED 1 hr Esquirer 11
Jobs coming in Utica with potential impact on L... 2 hr Aszwipe Riggies U... 27
Utica teachers to Kids: Drop Dead 3 hr no-4-a fact 31