Babe's Macaroni Grill and Bar

Posted in the Utica Forum

Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1 May 22, 2012
three of us went there for dinner tonight including my 96 year old mother-in-law. The waitress was great, the food, that's another story altogether!! We started off with fried calamari, soup and salad. The calamari was a pre-breaded and frozen product, that was like rubber bands when we tried to chew it(and I have good teeth)! The soup was fair, little veg in minnestroni, lots of ditalini. The salad was good. When the entree's arrived, one of the eggplant parmesan's was so over fried that it was literally like eating leather. We had the waitress get the manager and she replaced it with another order. My buffalo chicken salad had 1 lousey chicken tender dipped in buffalo sauce and diced into about 20 pieces, 1 chef egg from a bag and 1 black olive and a couple of pieces of tomato. The bill total was over $40.00 and only included 3 soda's, no alcohol. My wife asked for vegetables in place of the pasta with her eggplant and they upcharged her $1.89 for frozne bagged vegetables and then there was only a half a cup full. I DO NOT recommend Babe's for dinner if you are thinking of going there. I understand their lunch menu is pretty good. Their dinner menu not worth a damn!!! P.S.- the eggplant was the pre-breaded 1/2 inch cut frozen in the bag and you only got two pieces for over $9.00 and the sauce tasted like it came from a can.
planned parenthood

Utica, NY

#2 May 22, 2012
wingnut1 wrote:
three of us went there for dinner tonight including my 96 year old mother-in-law. The waitress was great, the food, that's another story altogether!! We started off with fried calamari, soup and salad. The calamari was a pre-breaded and frozen product, that was like rubber bands when we tried to chew it(and I have good teeth)! The soup was fair, little veg in minnestroni, lots of ditalini. The salad was good. When the entree's arrived, one of the eggplant parmesan's was so over fried that it was literally like eating leather. We had the waitress get the manager and she replaced it with another order. My buffalo chicken salad had 1 lousey chicken tender dipped in buffalo sauce and diced into about 20 pieces, 1 chef egg from a bag and 1 black olive and a couple of pieces of tomato. The bill total was over $40.00 and only included 3 soda's, no alcohol. My wife asked for vegetables in place of the pasta with her eggplant and they upcharged her $1.89 for frozne bagged vegetables and then there was only a half a cup full. I DO NOT recommend Babe's for dinner if you are thinking of going there. I understand their lunch menu is pretty good. Their dinner menu not worth a damn!!! P.S.- the eggplant was the pre-breaded 1/2 inch cut frozen in the bag and you only got two pieces for over $9.00 and the sauce tasted like it came from a can.
hey you cheap old bastard.$40 for 3 people ain't bad. I bet u broke out your calculator for the tip. Lol
ABC

Blossvale, NY

#3 May 22, 2012
YUK

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#4 May 22, 2012
$40 for 3 people is pretty cheap. So, the moral of the story here is you get what you pay for.

PS, there are probably at least 10 pretty good to excellent Italian restaraunts within 10 miles of Utica. Babe's aint one of them.
Abby Lee

Rome, NY

#5 May 22, 2012
You would of gotten a much better meal if you had had driven up the block & pulled into Delmonico's. Of course, you wouldn't have paid $40 for 3, that would have been MUCH more.
A Joke

Brockton, MA

#6 May 23, 2012
Babes food has gone way down hill and sucks period and that's that!

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#7 Mar 4, 2013
Nice place to get a drink but that's about it.
Bluks

Rome, NY

#8 Mar 4, 2013
Babes fell way off. We stopped going there years ago. I'm surprised they are still open.
Lol

Camillus, NY

#9 Mar 4, 2013
planned parenthood wrote:
<quoted text>
hey you cheap old bastard.$40 for 3 people ain't bad. I bet u broke out your calculator for the tip. Lol
I was thinking the same thing. Their food isn't that good but what did u expect for 40 bucks for 3 meals and calamari. Plus I would be embarrassed to fight with the waitress over 2 bucks I usually tip 30 percent.
metrosexual

Syracuse, NY

#11 Mar 4, 2013
I agree food isn't that good.
Uhhh

United States

#12 Mar 4, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text> I was thinking the same thing. Their food isn't that good but what did u expect for 40 bucks for 3 meals and calamari. Plus I would be embarrassed to fight with the waitress over 2 bucks I usually tip 30 percent.
If you usually tip 30% then you're a raging idiot. Someone needed to tell you. You're welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UPD's Union Scumbag wants MORE $$ from YOU! 6 min Whatever loser 5
Feds Rounding Up Bosnians 26 min truth 1
rich archer 325 tilden ave violates woman tenants 45 min kevin 1
Is Jake DerCola in the closet? 55 min Menver Cocorado 4
Cuomo Supports New Bar Exams For Teachers!!! (Apr '13) 1 hr Bob 11
What going on at the Youth Empowerment Program(... (Jul '13) 1 hr Lacdie 9
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 1 hr Crazy person 533
parents of ND teach girls drinking and getting ... 2 hr Wondering 11
Teachers are scared! 3 hr truth b told 14
Bullying Utica judge censured for calling lawye... 5 hr The Gerry Show 25
Wboro/ND 7 hr Hidey Scareds 8
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News