First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Lol

Antwerp, NY

#174 Jun 3, 2010
Long Time Utican wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe "Lisa" and I live in different neighorhoods as I have never met anyone in NU that does drugs or sells them and I own TWO houses in NU.
If I were ever to know of anyone dealing drugs, I would do exactly what I told "Lisa" to do - report them on the Hot Line set up by UPD and give them enough information (license #s, house #, type of cars, etc.)for them to investigate your complaint further.
So what you're saying is, that if YOU aren't aware of it, then it can't be true? Lol Listen LTU, just because you "own TWO houses in NU" and "have never met anyone in NY that does drugs or sells them", does not mean that it doesn't happen. Once you figure out that YOU don't know everything and that the world doesn't revolve around YOU and what you think, you will be a step closer to reality, instead of denial.
wow

Utica, NY

#175 Jul 9, 2010
I can't believe what I'm reading, Long Time Utican has to be a troll. There is no way someone can be this stupid.

I still live in NU but it is FULLLLLLLL of drug addicts who sell to all their friends trust me I used to be one of them!! It's sad what happened to all these people we just grew up in a town with nothing to do but party and most never grew up like others said here.

Denying what goes on won't help our kids, keep your eyes open and ADMIT it and make your kids aware! Our parents didn't and some of us are dead because of this denial. Some will be dead soon because they keep up this crazy sh*t for 30 years and their bodies can't take it.
former Utican

Severna Park, MD

#176 Jul 13, 2010
jealous ppl wrote:
most of you clowns that dis NU are only jealous cuz you cant AFFORD to move here! go spend your $$ on Utica Mon Nite
Who the hell cant afford it? What do you really think this in some kind of exclusive community. Wow I'm so impressed you can afford a $100,000.00 house.
Long Time Utican

Rome, NY

#177 Jul 13, 2010
former Utican wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell cant afford it? What do you really think this in some kind of exclusive community. Wow I'm so impressed you can afford a $100,000.00 house.
There are many reasons why someone can't afford to buy and move into North Utica.

First of all, the criteria for obtaining a Mortgage is very tight now since the financial crises on Wall Street. A person has to have a work record and good credit to meet the Bank criteria for approval of a mortgage.

Utica has a high unemployment rate and most of the good paying jobs left in Utica required at least a High School Diploma and technical skills AND experience. Not too many people in Utica even meet these standards.

Utica has a high percentage of people being supported by various Welfare programs for various reasons - none are qualified for obtaining a mortgage.

The homeowners in North Utica consisits of retired people that have owned their own homes for many years, or young couples raising their familes in a safe enviroment and meet the credit criteria to obtain a mortgage. There are not that many houses that are put up for sale in North Utica and when they are, they usually are on the market for a few weeks or a month at the most.
larry

United States

#178 Jul 13, 2010
You don't know what you're talking about, Nana. There's many houses in N. Utica that have been on the market for ages now. Those homes (along with most others) have depreciated in value to the point people are upside down in their mortgages now. The only way they can sell them is with a short sale.
Long Time Utican

Rome, NY

#179 Jul 13, 2010
larry wrote:
You don't know what you're talking about, Nana. There's many houses in N. Utica that have been on the market for ages now. Those homes (along with most others) have depreciated in value to the point people are upside down in their mortgages now. The only way they can sell them is with a short sale.
I am speaking from my knowledge of the houses in my neighborhood of homes that range in price from $90,000 up to $150,000 that are selling like hot cakes because the original owmers are either moving out of state or buying a more and bigger expensive homes.

I do NOT know of anyone that is being forced to sell their homes as a "short sale" - but, once again, due to the economical conditions it wouldn't surprise me that some might have over extended themselves and found themselves in this type of predicament.

Either way - the housing market is NOT what it use to be when mortgages were much easier to obtain.
Anonymous

Ithaca, NY

#181 Apr 29, 2014
Long Time Utican wrote:
<quoted text>I am also from your generation and was also born and raised in North Utica. In fact, I can still remember the days when if you mentioned a name in North utica, you also knew where they lived and who their family members were. I can remember the days when I would walk home from a Youth Fellowship Meeting at the Episopal (sic.) Church on Sunday nights at 10PM without having to worry about anyone attacking me. At that time, there were no rentals as everyone owned their own homes. In fact, I was on a neighborhood baseball team where all the neighbors pitched in an made a basefield for us, including a steel backdrop. Today, all homes are on this field where we had so many enjoyable times.
I dispute your fact that there are drug dealers over here in North Utica. I have personal friends on UPD and believe me - they intend on keeping North Utica as clean from crime and trashy people as they can. If you know of someone that is dealing drugs, go to the Hotspot Tip Line UPD has on their Website and report them. You do not have to leave your name. UPD is aware of 99% of the drug dealers in Utica and sooner or later, they are arrested and sent off to jail where they belong.
I still live in North Utica and own my own home in a neighborhood that is quiet, neighbors with respect for each other, and either are working to support their families or retired (as I am). As far as your remark that I'm one of those wives being supported by a drug dealer - nothing could be farther from the truth. I divorced two husbands and supported myself and my four children for most of my life. I've depended on no one expect for my own paycheck.
If you are unfortunate to live in a neighborhood where YOU know of criminal activity, report it to UPD and watch how fast they will start checking it out.
Your a c*nt. Who are you to tell people whom you don't interact with whatsoever how they can or cant spend their time in their properly owned and paid/paying for property? I personally don't agree with sticking my nose into other people's business but that doesn't mean i need to stigmatize others for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
help GET NEW TIRE SWINGS AN JUNGLE GYM FOR CORN... 12 min Hardly 10
millions 50 min EDDO315 1
Russ Pelli (Dec '12) 54 min who 44
New WKTV anchor recruit 1 hr Rosebud 12
Name All The 10nm Fabs in AFRICA and Address 1 hr brittle 42
waaaaa NEVER HAVE SOFT HAIR 1 hr brittle 28
List of CNY APES..... 1 hr there it is 3
Lmao reading Utica Topix 1 hr The City of Riggies 23
Protest in front of the State Building now 7 hr Moon 64
ATL Windwarrior Gomez 10 hr Asia 25