Ana whitesboro

Utica, NY

#24 Dec 28, 2013
The Grinch who stoled wrote:
What guarantee do I have my donations won't be embezzled by some crooked employee again ?
The new "guy" is very honest, he is spiritual not religious like the last guy, he will do the Godly thing, for the people,the sick, the suffering, not a clown for the media
Gina

Utica, NY

#25 Dec 28, 2013
Im Done wrote:
I will never donate to the Utica Rescue Mission again !! I can't trust them anymore!
I'll take my chances with Ernie he is honest.
Gina

Utica, NY

#26 Dec 28, 2013
Rev Phil Hodge wrote:
<quoted text>
None. Nada. Zilch. All you people who even drop off cookies and such, just know the staff will gobble them up, take them home, and stash them. The clients will never see them unless they are burned broken or stale. Dems da facts. The place relies on your gullibility. Fact. I know!
You sound like you know the inside of the mission very well, you sound bitter too, disgruntled employee? If am right get another job,
Gina

Utica, NY

#27 Dec 28, 2013
Need to know wrote:
Where is Dodge?
Running another scam!!!!

“Praise the Dollar,send turkey!”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#28 Dec 29, 2013
Gina wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you know the inside of the mission very well, you sound bitter too, disgruntled employee? If am right get another job,
Employee... yes.
Disgruntled?...no
Informed... yes
Disgusted...yes
Aware... yes
Bitter... definitely not

I just know the truth. I know the facts. Stating them does not make me bitter or disgruntled. It's unfortunate your reasoning is so limited as to think honesty and outspokenness equates to bitterness.
Funny

United States

#29 Dec 29, 2013
Ouch this is funny!
Luisa Papas

Utica, NY

#30 Dec 29, 2013
Thank God the mission is back doing God's work again, I saw many people from our community eating there Christmas Day I was very happy to volunteer, to the new administration thank you
Former Employee

United States

#31 Dec 29, 2013
Gina wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Phil Hodge is right on the money.
Surprised

Utica, NY

#32 Dec 30, 2013
Rev Phil Hodge wrote:
<quoted text>
Employee... yes.
Disgruntled?...no
Informed... yes
Disgusted...yes
Aware... yes
Bitter... definitely not
I just know the truth. I know the facts. Stating them does not make me bitter or disgruntled. It's unfortunate your reasoning is so limited as to think honesty and outspokenness equates to bitterness.
I'm amazed your still at this Phil Hodge. An interesting hobby I admit, I'd prefer something more constructive with my time. When you think back on your life and look at the negativity will you wish you built up instead of trying to tear down?
Surprised

Schenectady, NY

#34 Dec 30, 2013
Thank you!
Carmela Conti

Utica, NY

#35 Dec 30, 2013
I work for the county and I think the mission is doing a wonderful job helping us with the homeless, thank you to the new administration, as far as what was done before, that is the past, I think the new guy Ernie has a good report with us, and that's good enough for us.
yup

Cheshire, CT

#36 Dec 30, 2013
The rescue mission claims to help ppl, but they dont. all they care about is money. I would never recommend the mission to anyone. Horrible staff that claim they r all about god and doin good meanwhile residents have no heat or go without eating and they could care less
Surprised

Utica, NY

#37 Dec 30, 2013
yup wrote:
The rescue mission claims to help ppl, but they dont. all they care about is money. I would never recommend the mission to anyone. Horrible staff that claim they r all about god and doin good meanwhile residents have no heat or go without eating and they could care less
In your mind, you think that's a valid argument? Would any program or facility be kept afloat if residents were going without heat or food? Think before you type please. The rescue mission would be shut down if that was the case. How many commercials were aired this past season about the mission serving meals and food? At least three or four. Don't you think someone in the media would catch on if these were all lies? I know you are not an ex employee or ex resident because every one of them leave the mission having gained weight. Stick to what you know.
no idea

Utica, NY

#38 Dec 30, 2013
What kind of idiot are you?????? Put the pipe down and go get some help. You need it!!!
yup wrote:
Concerned

Utica, NY

#40 Dec 31, 2013
Rev Phil Hodge wrote:
<quoted text>
BuIIshit! It's all a scam. Smoke & mirrors. Collect from the county. Collect donations. Grab SSI & SSD, sign 'em up for medicare & medicaid, collect, collect & collect! That's called "revenue." Then give as little as possible back. Since it's a "non-profit," big salaries are paid. Not to the staff of course; but try and find out what Dodge was being paid. Ask Mike Dow what he makes. Ask. LOL!!! Give out a few meals at Thanksgiving, Easter, & Christmas... it's gives the appearance that they are doing something meaningful. Don't ever lose sight of the fact that it's all to generate revenue. Show me da money, honey! Oh, and be careful when you bend over.
For a county employee, if you are one, you sure seem uneducated. Ernie has a good "report" with you? LMFAO!!!!!!
Ernie is well liked, but, he has to prove himself and he knows that.
I can not believe you work for the mission, please have some pride for the place you work or get another job, I will keep giving to the mission, I will keep volunteering, and I will pray for you my good man
yup

East Granby, CT

#41 Jan 1, 2014
Rev Phil Hodge wrote:
<quoted text>
BuIIshit! It's all a scam. Smoke & mirrors. Collect from the county. Collect donations. Grab SSI & SSD, sign 'em up for medicare & medicaid, collect, collect & collect! That's called "revenue." Then give as little as possible back. Since it's a "non-profit," big salaries are paid. Not to the staff of course; but try and find out what Dodge was being paid. Ask Mike Dow what he makes. Ask. LOL!!! Give out a few meals at Thanksgiving, Easter, & Christmas... it's gives the appearance that they are doing something meaningful. Don't ever lose sight of the fact that it's all to generate revenue. Show me da money, honey! Oh, and be careful when you bend over.
For a county employee, if you are one, you sure seem uneducated. Ernie has a good "report" with you? LMFAO!!!!!!
Ernie is well liked, but, he has to prove himself and he knows that.
That is all right!! Ppl think cuz they serve sone dinners on the holidays they are saints. And let me say... Does the media go up to the residents rooms to see how cold they are? is the media there to see the small portions that are served to the ppl that live there? Is the media there everyday to see how the residents r treated? Does the media talk with the residents? The answer to all is no. So how about you all think before you type. There is an awful lot going on that no one knows about. If im not right, then why does one program have such a high turn over rate?
Clark Kent

Utica, NY

#42 Jan 1, 2014
Let's get an investigative reporter to go undercover as a homeless person and get to the bottom of this Rescue Mission fiasco.
former resident

Utica, NY

#43 Jan 1, 2014
Your nuts......I was treated well when I was there. The people that complain are either ungrateful or still have the pipe in their mouth. If your not satisfied then leave, No one is keeping you there. The doors lock only on the inside. You won't because your just a trouble maker who has everything handed to him and still is not satisfied. That makes you a sponge!!!!!
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all right!! Ppl think cuz they serve sone dinners on the holidays they are saints. And let me say... Does the media go up to the residents rooms to see how cold they are? is the media there to see the small portions that are served to the ppl that live there? Is the media there everyday to see how the residents r treated? Does the media talk with the residents? The answer to all is no. So how about you all think before you type. There is an awful lot going on that no one knows about. If im not right, then why does one program have such a high turn over rate?
anonymous

United States

#44 Jan 1, 2014
Some will benefit by accident if they want to recover bad enough. The program really doesn't do much to promote that. It really is about to money & donations to pay big salaries to select staff. Mike Dow is one for sure. The name of the game at the Utica Mission is to take in as much as possible and give out as little as possible. Sad, but true.
Community eagle eye

Utica, NY

#45 Jan 1, 2014
I for one will keep supporting the work of the mission, when you have a son whose life was filled with drugs, with no hope, and this people in the mission helped him find a new life and most important God, then you have gratitude, has nothing to do with one bad apple, is the program and God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Runners Sheep Ride 9 min Da Law 3
Nano trouble 31 min Nano Neverwas 4
(anyone know a polish guy named martin in west ... 49 min ssc 1
Best Subs in the area? (Jun '11) 1 hr ilms72 23
Bernadette Romano-Clark 3 hr disgusted 32
Basil Bluz 4 hr Jackie O 2
Nomination for Undercover Boss (Jun '12) 4 hr Careandbefair 27
OMG fat firemen on tv 7 hr Used Car Selling ... 8
Matt Scialdone 7 hr BlacklistRed 18
Parkway Drugs Pharmacy is the Worst. 8 hr BlacklistRed 17