Fed Up

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

George D. Duchak the new Director of AFRL Rome labs needs a lot of hand holding. This guy had to be briefed several times on the same subjects, Cyber and command and control systems. To say there is a steep learning curve would be an understatement. Spoon feeding this guy with information and recommendations is getting ridiculous. By the time he figures it out he will be back living in his home Centerville VA, which he still owns.
Why didnít the Air Force promote one of Rome Labís senior staff at the lab to this position. Several QUALIFIED candidates applied for the job. No one knows the job better than a career employee and a native central New Yorker. Congressman Hanna could have played a role in the selection if he cared to. The lab has been run successfully since Donald Hanson retired no thanks to Davy Belk the previous director who lasted less than two years in CNY. Davy used this job as a stepping stone to his next assignment leaving all the decisions to the divisions.
George Duchak seriously lacks a wide spectrum of tangible qualifications and knowledge he may enjoy his undeserved power and telling people what to do but that wonít help Rome Labs compete in todayís environment of massive budget cuts and dwindling research dollars.
Wishywashy

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I knew George when he worked as a contractor for Darpa, he was very good at supporting the Darpa PM who made the decisions and ran the programs. George was very good at his role and never let the PM down. His new role as director is no different than his Darpa days. The real question is will George Duchack send more money from the local area to his beltway buddies in DC.
Fulldisclosure

Marina Del Rey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I wonder if George will cooperate in uncovering AFRL Rome's criminals:
http://usgovt-atrocities.com
TheTruth

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Refer to DOD OIG case number 124329. These guys are guilty.
TheTruth

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Refer to DOD OIG Case Number 124329. These guys are guilty!
giveitabreak

Owings, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

FedUp, you must be one of the applicants currently at Rome that wasn't given the job. The last thing the Lab needs is another self promoting ego maniac that's never left upstate NY and has no idea how the business and technology world works outside of upstate NY. Hopefully Mr. Duchak will bring his years of experience in national security efforts -- Navy, DARPA and industry, to raise awareness of the capabilities that exist in Griffis Park and help Rome Labs become more relevant to the AF mission. If he canít, the economic engine known as AFRL Rome will go away -- and then what?
waitsee

Jericho, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

okkk lets take this elsewhere.
Roman57

Plymouth, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Whoever wrote this is totally out of the loop with what is going on in AFRL, in Rome NY, in the Information Directorate, and does not personally know George Duchak. This dishonest, disrespectful, fictional posting is a blatant misrepresentation of fact that we suspect is from one if the unsuccessful candidates for this position. If you are so concerned, sign your name to your comment and make an appointment to meet with the new Director, whom I'm sure will show you more courtesy than you deserve for anonymously posting such fictitious garbage. The truth is that George Duchak is highly respected in the community, a recognized technical expert in all areas of the Directorate, and took 50% pay cut to try and make a positive difference in the government. The public sector needs more people like him, and less like you.
Fed Up wrote:
George D. Duchak the new Director of AFRL Rome labs needs a lot of hand holding. This guy had to be briefed several times on the same subjects, Cyber and command and control systems. To say there is a steep learning curve would be an understatement. Spoon feeding this guy with information and recommendations is getting ridiculous. By the time he figures it out he will be back living in his home Centerville VA, which he still owns.
Why didnít the Air Force promote one of Rome Labís senior staff at the lab to this position. Several QUALIFIED candidates applied for the job. No one knows the job better than a career employee and a native central New Yorker. Congressman Hanna could have played a role in the selection if he cared to. The lab has been run successfully since Donald Hanson retired no thanks to Davy Belk the previous director who lasted less than two years in CNY. Davy used this job as a stepping stone to his next assignment leaving all the decisions to the divisions.
George Duchak seriously lacks a wide spectrum of tangible qualifications and knowledge he may enjoy his undeserved power and telling people what to do but that wonít help Rome Labs compete in todayís environment of massive budget cuts and dwindling research dollars.
Nothin

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

TheTruth wrote:
Refer to DOD OIG Case Number 124329. These guys are guilty!
Cant find this by googling. Where do we look.
Roman69

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

TheTruth wrote:
Are you talking about http://usgovt-atrocities.com

It's the truth. I remember that dude. Always at the gym running, jumping rope, telling jokes. Then, all the sudden he could barely hold himself up. Looked like a zombie, must have lost like 30 lbs in a month. I thought he had AIDS or cancer. Then he disappeared. I wondered what happened to him.

If you think that technology doesn't exist, YOU are the delusional one! Ask the 222 Air Guard who operate the NROC.
Roman69

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

waitsee wrote:
Are you guys off your nut here? Parker is a good program guy you let Rome get to you. And screw the moron who thinks his brain got beamed. Cmon now. If you KNOW you KNOW that is all moron bs. This is the LAST thing I ever thought I would see here take it to calmer streams. wtf?
Are you talking about http://usgovt-atrocities.com

It's the truth. I remember that dude. Always at the gym running, jumping rope, telling jokes. Then, all the sudden he could barely hold himself up. Looked like a zombie, must have lost like 30 lbs in a month. I thought he had AIDS or cancer. Then he disappeared. I wondered what happened to him.

If you think that technology doesn't exist, YOU are the delusional one! Ask the 222 Air Guard who operate the NROC.
He is from OUTER SPACE

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

I heard the the Director is an Alien from Mars! It's true.
Well, just as true as the stupidity posted in this whiny blob. AFRL Rome was all but dead, and they needed to get someone from the R&D community with guts enough to revive it.
TheHammer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Word is this dude has teamed up with some ass-kickers to bring the heat to these douche-bags... F*ck Chet, Parker, Belk, and anyone else who participated in this sicko shit: http://usgovt-atrocities.com

I wish the worst to them!
JusticeComing

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

TheTruth wrote:
This guy is pissed! http://usgovt-atrocities.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

167 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mark the MEGA Flagg 4 min Robert 21
Official: Goodbye Comets 13 min comets forever 77
Changes at WKTV with new owner? 22 min Tim 198
All Seasons Ice Cream Closed!?! 26 min Mr Freeze 6
Who knows Jeff Sapienza? (Sep '11) 54 min Danny 43
Hey 55 min Live for HIM 3
Panera's has a serious problem 57 min Joe Betrus 30
Dan LaBella...where is he now? 5 hr SUtica 114
Oneida St Shooting 9 hr stick it toomey2 27