First Prev
of 4
Next Last
agree

Pascoag, RI

#61 Nov 25, 2013
all of rt 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they need to put in street lights. Just taking it down and away is NOT a solution to the problem of no lights along arterial. Saw NYSDOT doing the work as I drove by. So Mohawk Valley POLITICIANS, let's gets some lights back on along the arterial. Where else can we seek help with this problem? We pay high taxes in this area and is it too much to ask for public safety? THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!
Agree, this is a safety issue. Along with many others issues along arterial during the construction. Who is the person in charge of safety on this road?
Anyone who drives along arterial could write up many safety infractions. They are on both north and south directions. Include the new intersection and ramps. Items in the roadway! Get out there and clean it up or fix it. Someone is not doing their job!

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#63 Nov 26, 2013
Route 12 is a STATE highway. Why should the taxpayers of Utica be responsible for maintaining the lights? If you are so concerned about getting lights on this road, call your state representatives and complain. As to the comments about the highways in Syracuse, you should drive on route 690 at night. Once you leave the downtown area there are no lights at all. It is the same on Rt. 481 and Rt. 81. The only place you see lights is in downtown sections. The rest are all dark. I drive these roads all the time and I have never had any problems. The headlights on my car are sufficient to light the road. Since there is no pedestrian traffic street lights really arenít needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Talarico 15 min Jason 2
why UNEDUCATED FAILURES LIKE ME NEED APPLE STORE 25 min Lansing Street 12
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL! 27 min Lansing Street 12
Line of protesters by Cavallo's last night 31 min CNN News 7
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 45 min Watching 201
Saratoga residents arrested for burglary, polic... 48 min Lansing Street 17
my CUZ 22yo CHARGED WITH MURDER OF 8YO GIRL AND... 49 min Lansing Street 33
Bella Regina 1 hr disgusting 13
tenney 13 hr THANKS O 79

Utica Jobs