Arterial street lights
clean it up

Cheshire, CT

#41 Nov 15, 2013
okgo wrote:
<quoted text>No, the ramp being built goes to a newly built much needed parking lot.
Are you kidding? A parking lot for who? If this is true, where did this money come from? NYS TAXPAYERS? Again, more waste of money!! But, not enough money for street lights to be turned on. This area is a joke!! It is one stupid project after another! Who gives approval for these projects? I have lots of questions...but where does one get answers around here? On TOPIXS? That is sad...and so is the City of Utica!!
Can we get answers

Cheshire, CT

#42 Nov 15, 2013
OD Reporter wrote:
http://www.uticaod.com/publice ye/x1783716049/Public-Eye-Ligh t-at-end-of-tunnel-for-Arteria l-lighting
Please look into this "parking lot" construction. Was it paid for with state or local tax money? Who is going to be parking in this lot? Really? Please continue to investigate into the street light situation along the arterial and Rt 12.
I dont get it

Syracuse, NY

#43 Nov 16, 2013
those lights have been out forever. There has never been an accident. I'm not saying that there won't be, I just don't understand the attention now. First reported in 2011. The city doesn't care about us citizens, the tax man wants more and more and we the people receive subpar infrastructure; and are not heard when we oppose something. There were many concerns with this project, there were also many meetings. This parking lot is the first that I have heard. No matter how informed, or how many blueprints were posted, it was hard to truly understand the scope and design of this project. But . . . it went ahead. Opposition didn't matter. The state did what the state wanted to do. Oh, and this walking bridge, well in my opinion, is going to be an absolute joke. We'll see.
whats your opinion

Utica, NY

#44 Nov 16, 2013
Big accident on the southbound arterial last night ! Is it because the lights were out ??
whats your opinion

Utica, NY

#45 Nov 16, 2013
It was even shut down for a while !
parking lot street lights

Springfield, MA

#46 Nov 17, 2013
Can we get answers wrote:
<quoted text>
Please look into this "parking lot" construction. Was it paid for with state or local tax money? Who is going to be parking in this lot? Really? Please continue to investigate into the street light situation along the arterial and Rt 12.
Are there new street lights in the new parking lot to help make it safe at night? Or is it another place of darkness in the "City of Darkness"?
Driver

Utica, NY

#47 Nov 18, 2013
Stop taking everything that is said on topix s 100percent factual. Relax.
jenny

Utica, NY

#48 Nov 19, 2013
Did the city meet with NiMo as stated in the article? What is going on since the ground is starting to freeze? Please OD call the city and ask for a update?
Jay

Bronx, NY

#49 Nov 19, 2013
jenny wrote:
Did the city meet with NiMo as stated in the article? What is going on since the ground is starting to freeze? Please OD call the city and ask for a update?
Nimo is not even here anymore. It's national grid. Also what did the city mean when they said they recieved a 2000 dollar credit. I have noticed some of the lights around the French road exit and entrance were lot up.
drive by

United States

#50 Nov 21, 2013
Can we get answers wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw vehicles parked in the new lot today. Was this parking lot made for the construction workers? Sure looks like it was...
It is a mystery as to why money was spent on this parking lot, and not to turn on arterial lights. City looks like a "bomb zone " when driving through on arterial. So sad, and depressing impression Utica gives to people driving through on Rt 12(arterial section).
Who would want to even stop in Utica? Keep driving!!
Turn the lig

Enfield, CT

#51 Nov 22, 2013
drive by wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw vehicles parked in the new lot today. Was this parking lot made for the construction workers? Sure looks like it was...
It is a mystery as to why money was spent on this parking lot, and not to turn on arterial lights. City looks like a "bomb zone " when driving through on arterial. So sad, and depressing impression Utica gives to people driving through on Rt 12(arterial section).
Who would want to even stop in Utica? Keep driving!!
Agree, who would want to consider this sad looking city?
Lights out at night, that is so you can't see how sad it looks!
lights out

Enfield, CT

#52 Nov 22, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nimo is not even here anymore. It's national grid. Also what did the city mean when they said they recieved a 2000 dollar credit. I have noticed some of the lights around the French road exit and entrance were lot up.
I saw lights on rt 12 being worked on by an independent company today. This was on the New Hartford section...intersection near insurance company. Maybe Utica could find out who the company is and hire them to TURN ON THE LIGHTS in Utica.
turn on arterial lights

Rhinebeck, NY

#53 Nov 23, 2013
lights out wrote:
<quoted text> I saw lights on rt 12 being worked on by an independent company today. This was on the New Hartford section...intersection near insurance company. Maybe Utica could find out who the company is and hire them to TURN ON THE LIGHTS in Utica.
I saw them also, and was wondering how they pick and choose which lights get fixed.
Come on Utica, get the plight fixed...you are making excuses for this when we can see that the lights can be repaired. We are intelligent enough to know lights are fixable. Quit making excuses. Have you done anything since article is in OD? My bet is no, and was hoping this would go away. Well, this is a public safety issue an it is not going away, until to start to get the light turned back on!!!
lights on in other cities

Rhinebeck, NY

#54 Nov 23, 2013
lights out wrote:
<quoted text> I saw lights on rt 12 being worked on by an independent company today. This was on the New Hartford section...intersection near insurance company. Maybe Utica could find out who the company is and hire them to TURN ON THE LIGHTS in Utica.
When you drive through Syracuse or Albany, the lights are working on all major streets and roads. It is not like that here in Utica with big areas of darkness...along the time arterial and major intersections. Utica is a city and should light up like a city. The "UTICA" sign all lit up has more lights that work than all of the arterial lights. Wish the person who donated that sign would light up the arterial. So then visitors driving through Utica, and not by Utica could see the real Utica.
tracker

Utica, NY

#55 Nov 23, 2013
I'm personally going to keep this post going. Its very dark on Rt 12. Very unsafe. Add snow and ice to the mixture and it doesn't look pretty.
What is wrong with you

Utica, NY

#56 Nov 23, 2013
The bass pro shop lights and the billboards along the arterial give off plenty of light! You people are never happy. Stop complaining and fix them yourself!
all of rt 12

Smithfield, RI

#57 Nov 25, 2013
tracker wrote:
I'm personally going to keep this post going. Its very dark on Rt 12. Very unsafe. Add snow and ice to the mixture and it doesn't look pretty.
Good! KEEP IT GOING!Z The lights need to be repaired all along rt 12/arterial. Heard via text they are taking down a light in area of rt 12/790/49... Hope that is not the solution to non-working lights! Utica is known for making things just disappear when all the s... hits the fan. Just have to wonder...will any lights ever be repaired? Still no answer to that question.
Pat Jizinski

Whitesboro, NY

#58 Nov 25, 2013
Sounds like 1 of the lights was leaning is why it's coming down. That was a great thing putting them up when they did the M-U-D Project. I'm sure it wont get replaced more than likely.
paw

Utica, NY

#59 Nov 25, 2013
The pole on 12N had to come down, it was falling over. Completely rotted at the base of the pole and others in the area are just as bad.
all of rt 12

Smithfield, RI

#60 Nov 25, 2013
paw wrote:
The pole on 12N had to come down, it was falling over. Completely rotted at the base of the pole and others in the area are just as bad.
Then they need to put in street lights. Just taking it down and away is NOT a solution to the problem of no lights along arterial. Saw NYSDOT doing the work as I drove by. So Mohawk Valley POLITICIANS, let's gets some lights back on along the arterial. Where else can we seek help with this problem? We pay high taxes in this area and is it too much to ask for public safety? THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comet loyal fans get screwed. 56 min Cheesecake 5
Dirty Dirty Dirty 1 hr Todd Hunter 1
Why is Route 5/8/12 closed? 2 hr gratata 5
Cars and Fireworks 2 hr gratata 1
ron torchia and maria oles making meth 2 hr disgusting 1
Time Warner Outage (May '11) 3 hr terrible 13
ron torchia and maria oles 3 hr are you surprised 1
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 16 hr Gerbers 36
The WORST Contractors in Central NY (May '10) 23 hr Someonewhoknows 293
lapolla thinks a mayor run Mon Truth 46