Arterial street lights
Not sure but

United States

#21 Nov 8, 2013
Well wrote:
Here is the situation. It is a state road, however, the dot wants Utica to pay the 100,000 plus to repair them. Utica does pay the electric bill and it is lower as we are not being billed for them. The underground lines are rusted out and the state will not repair them, even though its their property. Don't blame the mayor, blame your governor. Rofereo spent all our money on crap, so if voted for him. Thanks!
I think the lights went in at 6-10k apiece when julian was mayor. I can't remember the figure. but it was a minor scandal at the time over friends & family stuff. Typical utican workmanship and pride.
Woooooooh

Utica, NY

#22 Nov 8, 2013
Yep, went by there tonight. Pitch black?
in the dark

Utica, NY

#23 Nov 8, 2013
Utica politicians don't want you to see how bad the city streets are so they keep the lights off. The police tell us to put lights around are houses to deter crime but yet they leave the street lights off.
on notice

Holyoke, MA

#24 Nov 8, 2013
The new intersection on Burrstone Rd is a mess with construction materials, no clear road markings, and no street lights to see clearly.
When the accident happens, it will be bad.
Engineer

Herkimer, NY

#25 Nov 9, 2013
on notice wrote:
The new intersection on Burrstone Rd is a mess with construction materials, no clear road markings, and no street lights to see clearly.
I thought it was just me. Who designs these? NO CLEAR MARKINGS AND PITCH BLACK. Someone is going to turn unto incoming traffic when making a left to grab 12N. Is anyone going to address this situation?
Hah

United States

#26 Nov 9, 2013
Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was just me. Who designs these? NO CLEAR MARKINGS AND PITCH BLACK. Someone is going to turn unto incoming traffic when making a left to grab 12N. Is anyone going to address this situation?
If you're too feeble to drive on a temporary ramp stay off the road or wait for daylight. What do you want? If they coddled the over 60 crowd for that week they'd be delayed. Relax soon it will have the handicapped stripes so you feel safe.
Cretin Ian Hob

Gouverneur, NY

#27 Nov 9, 2013
Hah wrote:
<quoted text>If you're too feeble to drive on a temporary ramp stay off the road or wait for daylight. What do you want? If they coddled the over 60 crowd for that week they'd be delayed. Relax soon it will have the handicapped stripes so you feel safe.
Cretin Ian Hob calls his hemorrhoids speed bumps. That's him posting above.
Driver

Carthage, NY

#28 Nov 10, 2013
They NEED make sure that the overpass/bridge on burrstone approaching the street light is taken care of and properly salted/sanded during the winter. Even though its not steep it may get dicey at times in sleet and stuff.
ItsYourMother

United States

#29 Nov 10, 2013
Cretin Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>
Cretin Ian Hob calls his hemorrhoids speed bumps. That's him posting above.
How retarded. Translation -- Waaaah! Waaaaah! Waaaah!
Sam

Greig, NY

#30 Nov 10, 2013
Hah wrote:
<quoted text>If you're too feeble to drive on a temporary ramp stay off the road or wait for daylight. What do you want? If they coddled the over 60 crowd for that week they'd be delayed. Relax soon it will have the handicapped stripes so you feel safe.
The ramp to get to 12 North Left turn from Burrstone RD is not temporary It would be nice if the State or City had a street light there.
no one is safe

Farmington, CT

#31 Nov 10, 2013
The lights on On 840 south don't work when u turn off Campion Road. It's just plain cheapness going on here,
My god uticans

United States

#32 Nov 10, 2013
Oh god! The old blind oooticans are crying about not being able to see! Sounds like a skills and equipment problem. My god these utica people!
on notice

Schenectady, NY

#33 Nov 10, 2013
FYI, I am not over 60, have very good eyesight(and excellent hearing). And have a fairly good level of intelligence and common sense.
The new Burrstone Rd/Rt 12 intersection needs to be addressed before a serious accident happens, and someone is DOA. This intersection is NOT clearly marked!
Maybe Utica is the "City of Darkness", in more ways than one.
who is responsible

Brattleboro, VT

#34 Nov 11, 2013
on notice wrote:
FYI, I am not over 60, have very good eyesight(and excellent hearing). And have a fairly good level of intelligence and common sense.
The new Burrstone Rd/Rt 12 intersection needs to be addressed before a serious accident happens, and someone is DOA. This intersection is NOT clearly marked!
Maybe Utica is the "City of Darkness", in more ways than one.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ROADWAY AND LIGHTING? Want to know, before a disaster happens. I LIKE "City of Darkness" label...goes well with Utica!
Driver

Carthage, NY

#35 Nov 11, 2013
Are they going to have 2 ramps to go north on 12? It appears you will soon be able to make a left at the light coming from utica college and make a right to take the ramp.
foryourinfo

Herkimer, NY

#36 Nov 11, 2013
Hah wrote:
I'm am also not over 60 and I DON'T LIVE IN UTICA. Accident waiting to happen heading towards 12N. I do appreciate the article in OD today. Please keep requesting info until the lights are fixed. God Bless You.
OD Reporter

Utica, NY

#37 Nov 11, 2013
jenny

Herkimer, NY

#38 Nov 12, 2013
OD Reporter wrote:
http://www.uticaod.com/publice ye/x1783716049/Public-Eye-Ligh t-at-end-of-tunnel-for-Arteria l-lighting
Thank you miss for helping us.
clean it up

Liverpool, NY

#39 Nov 15, 2013
on notice wrote:
Weather is nice for next couple of days, clean up the mess around the new Burrstone Rd intersection...stop making excuses...just do it!
okgo

Carthage, NY

#40 Nov 15, 2013
Driver wrote:
Are they going to have 2 ramps to go north on 12? It appears you will soon be able to make a left at the light coming from utica college and make a right to take the ramp.
No, the ramp being built goes to a newly built much needed parking lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
prostitution 6 min No exaggeration 8
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 7 min umm 5
Tattoo Re-coloring 9 min Steeerike 6
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 10 min Hi Dave From Kay 62
Older male looking for first time 15 min WantMy1stUncut 1
Napoli's Bakery Jerry Zenzillo 17 min Upset Jerkoff 6
Fire fighters promoted 46 min Steeerike 10
rob esche getting divorced 12 hr DumpedDave 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance