Arterial street lights

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chris

Ardsley, NY

#1 Oct 25, 2013
Why does the arterial have street lights but none of them work. I was driving home last night in the rain and you could barely see but the arterial is lined with street lights that are not lit up. All the way from court street to the mall
Pat Jizinski

United States

#2 Oct 25, 2013
I saw that the other night.

Either the City hasnt paid their National Grid bill, or someone turned the lights out in Utica already.

Wonder if you can sue if you get in an accident because they arent working? Lemme call Les Lewis and see what he says.
Wizard

Clark Mills, NY

#3 Oct 25, 2013
This has been reported on twice. DOT and the city are in dispute over whose job it is to fix them.
Jack Apples

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Oct 25, 2013
Wizard wrote:
This has been reported on twice. DOT and the city are in dispute over whose job it is to fix them.
WHAT? I would think it was the DOT who should fix them. It is a State Road. The city would pay the electric bill on them I would figure.
yeah

Herkimer, NY

#5 Oct 25, 2013
someone contact OD to contact DOT
Jay

Ardsley, NY

#6 Oct 25, 2013
I don't think they have been on for a longggggg time. How sad is this area.
slapanut

Utica, NY

#7 Oct 25, 2013
Last I read they said the lines/wires are underground and may be corroded and expensive to fix. Yes, they are disputing who's responsible for repairing them.
Anthony

Gouverneur, NY

#8 Oct 26, 2013
the lights have been out for over two years. Maybe our Mayor should get some flash lights and sweep that area. Where is that QUALITY of LIFE he is always talking about??????
Well

Little Falls, NY

#9 Oct 26, 2013
Here is the situation. It is a state road, however, the dot wants Utica to pay the 100,000 plus to repair them. Utica does pay the electric bill and it is lower as we are not being billed for them. The underground lines are rusted out and the state will not repair them, even though its their property. Don't blame the mayor, blame your governor. Rofereo spent all our money on crap, so if voted for him. Thanks!
update

Herkimer, NY

#10 Oct 26, 2013
Very unsafe on egress/ingress from burrstone rd. Very dark going to Riverside Center. You state is costs at least 100,000 to fix....share the cost with NYS. If someone sued for an accident, you may be paying a lot more.
please

Herkimer, NY

#11 Oct 27, 2013
Replace the burnt out lights!
gerri

Herkimer, NY

#12 Oct 28, 2013
If you are planning to replace the lights on arterial, please replace the lights on burrstone bridge too!
Wow

Ardsley, NY

#13 Oct 28, 2013
It seems like all the lights are out. I drove through there lastnight and it was pitch black. Utica to new hartford. Even the Home Depot exit and uhaul area
Stan

Ithaca, NY

#14 Oct 28, 2013
It is very dangerous. Just what utica needs, another lawsuit. Longo lawsuit will bury utica so why would they care.
Light the city up

Utica, NY

#15 Oct 28, 2013
These lights have been out for years with more burning out by the day. You can drive down just about every street in the city of Utica and find at least one or more lights out. Check out the area between Schuyler st and the Utica Aud. The lights are all out and no one bothers to fix them. People are walking that area in the dark going to the Comets game and nothing will be done until someone gets hit by a car. Utica is paying over $400,000 for these lights and many of them are out.
gerri

Herkimer, NY

#16 Oct 29, 2013
Please mayor palmieri, help us fix these lights. Very scary!
Utican

Springfield, NJ

#17 Oct 30, 2013
So sad to see what has become of Utica. They can't even afford to fix the lights. The last one out of utica won't even have to turn the lights off. There won't be any on anymore. Maybe instead of donating the stupid utica sign. Frank should have donated to fix the street lights. People would be happier. Shameful and sad.
scared

Herkimer, NY

#18 Nov 7, 2013
I was leaving Faxton/St. Lukes after dropping off a family member for a treatment. Was headed towards 12N. Very hard to see as it was dark, raining and NO LIGHTS on the ramp. The vehicle in front of me almost turned into oncoming traffic where one takes the new left to get on 12N. Can we demand these lights to get fixed? Can someone please help. I have to bring my family member 3 times a week at 5pm for the next 3 months. Please help.
sky lights

Albany, NY

#19 Nov 7, 2013
How about sky lights around Rt 12, Utica Marsh, Riverside area?
They are not rusted out! Utica too cheap to turn them back on. Another very dark area at night.
scared

Herkimer, NY

#20 Nov 8, 2013
Mayor Palmieri,

Can you please help with this situation?

Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica gets an Apple store!! 1 min COMETS LOSE AGAIN 36
Only Over A Million Babies Are Abused In Africa... 22 min COMETS LOSE AGAIN 3
attn 75 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRIES... (Jul '16) 23 min COMETS LOSE AGAIN 188
Utica Comets' AUDIT & Rob "SmacKelly" Esche. PO... 25 min COMETS LOSE AGAIN 4
Utica Comettes, Like or Dislike 26 min COMETS LOSE AGAIN 286
Renee Santamaria wat you know bout her 31 min Two gems 41
why WELFARE ]\[lggers STALK FAMOUS EDUCATED MALES 31 min COMETS LOSE AGAIN 55
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL. 33 min COMETS LOSE AGAIN 21
New hartford is the new east utica 1 hr Judge myazz 107
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 1 hr COMETS SCAM EXPOSED 914
Utica Comet's Esche almost arrested 4 slapping ... 2 hr Comet Toilet Cleaner 33

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages