Is the Yahnundasis a good place?
Bottom Line

Utica, NY

#42 Feb 14, 2013
DOG wrote:
no the yahnundasis is no longer a good place it is old and worn out and used up plus michel digiorgio the chef is a joke he has not cooked a meal for years and the kitchen is a shit hole he is a waste of time and money and as far as gene campbell director of food and beverage he is a total waste of time and money he does nothing but drink free booze every night and does not take care of business but between the two of them thy have the board members realy bull shited thy should get rid of the two of them and hire sum people that want to work if you want to have a good wedding with some class go to twin ponds or danielles valley view or any where else
Look, you don't think the Yahnie could get top flight people running food and beverage and that kitchen? They could. They. Don't. Want. To. Pay.
live your life

Utica, NY

#43 Feb 14, 2013
It's a big gossip pit where the people your dining with are backstabbing you before you've even left. If you want to see the dysfunction that exists amongst the so-called pillars of the community, that's the place to go. Your crack habit will pale in comparison to some people's problems and you'll realize just how good you have it!
of course

Herkimer, NY

#44 Feb 14, 2013
live your life wrote:
It's a big gossip pit where the people your dining with are backstabbing you before you've even left. If you want to see the dysfunction that exists amongst the so-called pillars of the community, that's the place to go. Your crack habit will pale in comparison to some people's problems and you'll realize just how good you have it!
Minor problems previously mentioned are being improved upon. Chef is the best they have had in years. Look to jealousy as the genesis of most of these objections.
fpl

Clinton, NY

#45 Feb 21, 2013
of course! your full of shit. The best Chef they ever had,and made money,was Franco! In fact he was the one that started thier Wednesday night HAPPY HOUR.....
Kiss My Azz

Herkimer, NY

#46 Feb 21, 2013
DOG wrote:
no the yahnundasis is no longer a good place it is old and worn out and used up plus michel digiorgio the chef is a joke he has not cooked a meal for years and the kitchen is a shit hole he is a waste of time and money and as far as gene campbell director of food and beverage he is a total waste of time and money he does nothing but drink free booze every night and does not take care of business but between the two of them thy have the board members realy bull shited thy should get rid of the two of them and hire sum people that want to work if you want to have a good wedding with some class go to twin ponds or danielles valley view or any where else
do you not know the history of the person who runs danielles? was caught helping himself to cable and reselling via some cable cards or something like that. it was big news and involved some attorney from barneveld. would not recommend danielle's
Golf Pride

Lowville, NY

#47 Sep 10, 2013
What is going on there? Heard that Board Members helping themselves to the place
Kiss My Azz

Herkimer, NY

#48 Sep 10, 2013
Kiss My Azz wrote:
<quoted text>
do you not know the history of the person who runs danielles? was caught helping himself to cable and reselling via some cable cards or something like that. it was big news and involved some attorney from barneveld. would not recommend danielle's
you are correct. the guy was initially charged with nearly 50 counts and ended up paying something like 5M and got 5 years probation. they also run valley view under the mother's name and renewed with the city just recently. the attorney's first name was ken and he was from barneveld. he died a couple of years ago. just to compare how corrupt the system is...some 19 year old kid painted graffitii on some building and got 6 months in jail. go figure...
Ralph

Buffalo, NY

#49 Sep 10, 2013
Was there for a golf tournament, reminded me of a union hall. What a dump -- compared to other clubs in bigger cities like Buffalo or Rochester. Food sucked. It was horrible.

Its filled with small town attitude, the course is OK but not even close to, as an example, the East Course at Oak Hill CC (that hosts Ryder Cup and PGA events).

Overall, I was unimpressed with the clubhouse, course and people.
Well

Herkimer, NY

#50 Sep 10, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Was there for a golf tournament, reminded me of a union hall. What a dump -- compared to other clubs in bigger cities like Buffalo or Rochester. Food sucked. It was horrible.
Its filled with small town attitude, the course is OK but not even close to, as an example, the East Course at Oak Hill CC (that hosts Ryder Cup and PGA events).
Overall, I was unimpressed with the clubhouse, course and people.
Ralph is obviously an angry person. if you feel good about yourself, you will enjoy the Yahni; the food is excellant. The golf is the best in the area. The people are a microcosim of what you find everywhere.
Maggie

Buffalo, NY

#51 Sep 10, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Ralph is obviously an angry person. if you feel good about yourself, you will enjoy the Yahni; the food is excellant. The golf is the best in the area. The people are a microcosim of what you find everywhere.
It's a little too ethnic for me.

How does feeling good about yourself enhance your experience there. The place is a dump compared to other private clubs. That's a fact.

And the food is no up to the highest standards. It was slop when I was there a year ago.
Golfer

Roslindale, MA

#52 Sep 10, 2013
If you're a golfer it's a great course and worth the dues. The food is not good, and the social aspect isn't the best . I love the course and that's why I'm a member
Ehhhh

Norwich, NY

#53 Sep 10, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Ralph is pretty spot on. Remember, the best Utica has to offer is not considered the best in other regions! I have never had anything other than a so-so meal there, even 20 years ago. In recent years the membership has dwindled causing them to be less restrictive to cover expenses. Golf is good but many would rather not join and play as many different places as possible in a summer. Only those who need the networking for their occupation or enjoy being part of an 'exclusive' club are there. To each his own.
Mickey

Frankfort, NY

#54 Sep 10, 2013
Here's the deal, I used to work there. The place was still a good place in the 90's and the food wasn't too bad. The place really took a turn for the worse when they let in the union people who brought in a lot of undesirables with them. Not all of the undesirables quit or were thrown out when people went to jail, some of them got away with it by being rats and they stayed and eventually got control of the place. It figures that the place has gone downhill and by the way, the guys that stayed were cheapskates and terrible tippers. No wonder why they say that they were taking advantage of the other members.
Bill

Buffalo, NY

#55 Sep 10, 2013
Mickey wrote:
Here's the deal, I used to work there. The place was still a good place in the 90's and the food wasn't too bad. The place really took a turn for the worse when they let in the union people
You nailed it. Due to many of the current members, it has gone downhill significantly. It's a "yous guys" environment.

As a club, for Utica it is great... but it doesn't compare with many of the upscale clubs in the Rochester, Westchester and Long Island.

I had dinner there about two weeks ago, and it was not restaurant quality. Plus, the service was mediocre.
Kiss My Azz

Herkimer, NY

#56 Sep 10, 2013
Carl's Furniture owner and his wife are members.
Vinnie

Meriden, CT

#57 Sep 10, 2013
Mickey wrote:
Here's the deal, I used to work there. The place was still a good place in the 90's and the food wasn't too bad. The place really took a turn for the worse when they let in the union people who brought in a lot of undesirables with them. Not all of the undesirables quit or were thrown out when people went to jail, some of them got away with it by being rats and they stayed and eventually got control of the place. It figures that the place has gone downhill and by the way, the guys that stayed were cheapskates and terrible tippers. No wonder why they say that they were taking advantage of the other members.
So who are the rats that are still there?
Jealous

New Hartford, NY

#58 Sep 10, 2013
The Yahnundahsis is a very well run establishment. They have had their ups and downs but the last meal I had there was very tasty. The only complaint I had was that the bar was too brightly lit and their bar tender was slow. The course is fantastic and so are the members. Anyone that is talking down about it obviously doesn't frequent the establishment.
Well

Herkimer, NY

#59 Sep 10, 2013
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a little too ethnic for me.
How does feeling good about yourself enhance your experience there. The place is a dump compared to other private clubs. That's a fact.
And the food is no up to the highest standards. It was slop when I was there a year ago.
It is a mindset about who you are and how you fit in. Your remarks prove you have NEVER been there.
If it makes you feel good to denegrate the place, that's your problem.
You might feel more at home if you went to Uncle's in NYM.
Cupcake

Little Falls, NY

#60 Sep 10, 2013
Oh we'll let's run right over and become members since Carl's furniture city guy is one .
Golf Pride

Lowville, NY

#61 Sep 10, 2013
Does anyone know where Gene Campbell is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Retweeted golf ball hit 7 min NYersRScum 17
Carl's Discount Furniture 35 min Wondering 14
Slocum Urgent Care 50 min HELPIE 32
Policecalled about TopixThreats and stallking! ... 1 hr MARIO FEM 8
attn AFRICA LOSES APPLE AND FOXCONN BUT HAS BATS 1 hr TRIBES GO YARD TECH 22
name THE NANO TECH IN AFRICA WITH BABY MOLESTERS 1 hr TRIBES GO YARD TECH 10
nano???? 1 hr MONEY TEARS ON EBT 8
Tyksinski Defeated 4 hr Psycho 53

Utica Jobs

More from around the web