Utica City School District desperate ...

Utica City School District desperate for additional state aid

There are 13 comments on the Your News Now story from Feb 6, 2014, titled Utica City School District desperate for additional state aid. In it, Your News Now reports that:

A little extra state aid is something every school district would welcome with open arms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Your News Now.

Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Feb 6, 2014
This is what you deserve utica. Lol!!!!!!!!
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Feb 7, 2014
Desperate! I love that word in the headline. Lol!
hahaha

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 7, 2014
They will lose even more aid when the second charter school opens in the fall---finally, justice.
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Feb 7, 2014
hahaha wrote:
They will lose even more aid when the second charter school opens in the fall---finally, justice.
Yes. Lol
one who knows

Carthage, NY

#5 Feb 7, 2014
Maybe they should start freezing wages and Pensions!!!!

Homeowners are getting sick and tired of paying these high school taxes while our children drop out of school as soon as they reach their 16th Birthday.
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Feb 7, 2014
one who knows wrote:
Maybe they should start freezing wages and Pensions!!!!
Homeowners are getting sick and tired of paying these high school taxes while our children drop out of school as soon as they reach their 16th Birthday.
Freezing the wages and pensions? Good luck with that idea! Lol
one who knows

Carthage, NY

#7 Feb 7, 2014
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Freezing the wages and pensions? Good luck with that idea! Lol
Why not? This is what corporate businesses do when they have to tighten their belt and bring costs down?

This is what is wrong with Civil Service jobs - everyone keeps getting raises even though they don't do anything worthwhile to earn them.

I solved my problem of paying taxes in Utica - I sold my house and moved out of this crumbling cesspool called Utica.
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Feb 7, 2014
one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>Why not? This is what corporate businesses do when they have to tighten their belt and bring costs down?
This is what is wrong with Civil Service jobs - everyone keeps getting raises even though they don't do anything worthwhile to earn them.
I solved my problem of paying taxes in Utica - I sold my house and moved out of this crumbling cesspool called Utica.
I don't disagree with you. I guess I was referring to utica. Good luck getting those fat cows to freeze their wages. Will never happen.
outraged

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 8, 2014
Utica gets over one hundred million dollars of state aid a year towards their budget. How much more can the state give? Utica's tax base only contributes approx. 30million towards the budget. They need to make cuts or increase their tax base, bottom line.
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#10 Feb 8, 2014
Why not get rid of the old hags that milk the school district. 80 years old and still making 6 figures.
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Feb 8, 2014
outraged wrote:
Utica gets over one hundred million dollars of state aid a year towards their budget. How much more can the state give? Utica's tax base only contributes approx. 30million towards the budget. They need to make cuts or increase their tax base, bottom line.
You hit the nail on the head.
nope nope nope nope

Carthage, NY

#12 Feb 8, 2014
UTICA is a great city! It is NOPE that is 'nuts"
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Feb 9, 2014
nope nope nope nope wrote:
UTICA is a great city! It is NOPE that is 'nuts"
Utica is the greatest! Just look at all of the quality refugees that come every year! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam musyt 5 min Dean 9
Family court race 3 hr Lost my vote 43
Walmart in writing brags their for the communit... 4 hr STEVE 7
UticaPussies cry about CNY "reputation"! 4 hr Ktm 10
transsexuals THAT CALL OUT WOMAN REAL TOUGH MAR... 5 hr MARIOPUSS E FEM V... 2
Joelle Sabastian Dean 5 hr Booster 1
Do you think Anita Bryant knows what a clitorus... 5 hr Wondering 1

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance