Utica City School District desperate for additional state aid

Feb 6, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Your News Now

A little extra state aid is something every school district would welcome with open arms.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Feb 9, 2014
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Feb 6, 2014
This is what you deserve utica. Lol!!!!!!!!
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Feb 7, 2014
Desperate! I love that word in the headline. Lol!
hahaha

New Hartford, NY

#3 Feb 7, 2014
They will lose even more aid when the second charter school opens in the fall---finally, justice.
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Feb 7, 2014
hahaha wrote:
They will lose even more aid when the second charter school opens in the fall---finally, justice.
Yes. Lol
one who knows

New Hartford, NY

#5 Feb 7, 2014
Maybe they should start freezing wages and Pensions!!!!

Homeowners are getting sick and tired of paying these high school taxes while our children drop out of school as soon as they reach their 16th Birthday.
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Feb 7, 2014
one who knows wrote:
Maybe they should start freezing wages and Pensions!!!!
Homeowners are getting sick and tired of paying these high school taxes while our children drop out of school as soon as they reach their 16th Birthday.
Freezing the wages and pensions? Good luck with that idea! Lol
one who knows

New Hartford, NY

#7 Feb 7, 2014
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Freezing the wages and pensions? Good luck with that idea! Lol
Why not? This is what corporate businesses do when they have to tighten their belt and bring costs down?

This is what is wrong with Civil Service jobs - everyone keeps getting raises even though they don't do anything worthwhile to earn them.

I solved my problem of paying taxes in Utica - I sold my house and moved out of this crumbling cesspool called Utica.
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Feb 7, 2014
one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>Why not? This is what corporate businesses do when they have to tighten their belt and bring costs down?
This is what is wrong with Civil Service jobs - everyone keeps getting raises even though they don't do anything worthwhile to earn them.
I solved my problem of paying taxes in Utica - I sold my house and moved out of this crumbling cesspool called Utica.
I don't disagree with you. I guess I was referring to utica. Good luck getting those fat cows to freeze their wages. Will never happen.
outraged

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 8, 2014
Utica gets over one hundred million dollars of state aid a year towards their budget. How much more can the state give? Utica's tax base only contributes approx. 30million towards the budget. They need to make cuts or increase their tax base, bottom line.
Chris

Bronx, NY

#10 Feb 8, 2014
Why not get rid of the old hags that milk the school district. 80 years old and still making 6 figures.
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Feb 8, 2014
outraged wrote:
Utica gets over one hundred million dollars of state aid a year towards their budget. How much more can the state give? Utica's tax base only contributes approx. 30million towards the budget. They need to make cuts or increase their tax base, bottom line.
You hit the nail on the head.
nope nope nope nope

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 8, 2014
UTICA is a great city! It is NOPE that is 'nuts"
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Feb 9, 2014
nope nope nope nope wrote:
UTICA is a great city! It is NOPE that is 'nuts"
Utica is the greatest! Just look at all of the quality refugees that come every year! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hotel Utica Manager Matt Gaetano ARRESTED (AGAIN) 49 min Dick tracey 13
utica aud 1 hr Losing Interest 141
SUNYPIE Sweety Tomato PI students need SPORTS M... 1 hr SUNYIT Student 6
fort schuyler club??? (Jun '13) 1 hr Stud 24
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 1 hr Honest Babe 1,870
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 1 hr Adult-child 79
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 1 hr Cops lost MISERABLY 130
Dierks Bentley at the Aud 1 hr Always a sunny day 48
utica national (Jun '13) 7 hr Finished 524
•••