Try phones at Verizon store,don't buy...

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Apr 6, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Those kiosks and knockoff stores in the mall, things on eBay or amazon are garbage. You buy an ipad or iPhone you wouldn't want a knock off or any of the accessories that come with it to be knock offs either...so why would anyone want to buy that garbage after the initial purchase?
I never thought I would say this but I agree with you 100%. Also the cheap knock off stuff can ruin the phone and void it's warranty. It never ceases to amaze me. People are willing to pay hundreds for a phone and they don't want to pay more than 5 bucks for a case or a car charger?? Makes no sense.
Dilly

United States

#22 Apr 7, 2013
Who cares where a case is made or if it's a knockoff? It's a friggin' CASE and has nothing to do with the electronic components or the functionality of the phone.
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#24 Apr 7, 2013
As far as knock off accessories voiding your warranty try bringing back a phone
to verizon using a apple cord and having them say "oh must've dropped it
Did you buy our stupid warranty that cost 240.00 over a 2 year period and then you pay us a 50.00 deductable and we will give a refurbished phone that is 2 years old anyway....oops your bad you shouldve bought the plan that covers accidental damage cause the phone cord is not at fault!...
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#25 Apr 7, 2013
Dont buy from those stupid kiosks for knockoff stuff,go on ebay,1.99 for a case with free shiping for same stuff they sell for 20.00 and above,extremely high markup!
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#26 Apr 7, 2013
Pleasure Kevin wrote:
Who has the cheapest iPhone 5? I really should upgrade from the 4.
There really is no difference in size, they say the screen is 1/2 longer... But don't push the fact its 1/4 inch less in width, wait for the next iphone 6??..due out in June...iphone 5 will probably 99.00 or free by then because they know everyone us waiting for the next model.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#27 Apr 7, 2013
Just remember you always get what you pay for.
jewels

Little Falls, NY

#28 Apr 7, 2013
Haha.. This thread is pretty on the money.2 years ago went the Verizon store and told I can get the same phone at Walmart for $1.98!I asked if they will price match,since here I pay $199.00 here with a 100.00 rebate that I get on a debit card?They had no reply,kind of wanted to keep me quiet and walked away from me.Talked to some blond lady airhead and said they don't match them.Well I just walked out the door and this lady with her daughter followed me out in the parking lot and asked me where that Droid phone was 1.98?At Walmart across the street,I told her Best Buy I believe its the same price,all the same warranty directly from Verizon and if you have a problem with the phone yes!!!...you can take it to the Verizon store.All they care about is the commission sale at the V store.And any issues can be taken care of over the phone....I laughed at this lady as she thanked me and said wheres my $198.00 commission.!!!ha!
Use Em

United States

#29 Apr 7, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
I just would never pay anything for bootleg electronic crap. Also the covers and cases have a warranty, the cheap stuff doesn't.
T each is own.

$39 for an Apple iPad cover or $8 elsewhere. If it breaks buy 2 news one and you're still ahead.

Pleasure Kevin

Brattleboro, VT

#30 Apr 7, 2013
phoneguy wrote:
<quoted text>
There really is no difference in size, they say the screen is 1/2 longer... But don't push the fact its 1/4 inch less in width, wait for the next iphone 6??..due out in June...iphone 5 will probably 99.00 or free by then because they know everyone us waiting for the next model.
What a dumb opinion. Of course there will be a new model next year. Are you never going to buy a phone because they are making a newer one now? Do you not drive a car because a new model is coming out every calendar year?
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#31 Apr 7, 2013
What I'm getting at is that stupid warranty they try to sell you is for suckers!Of course you probably bought it sucker!

Level 8

Brooklyn, NY

#32 Apr 7, 2013
phoneguy wrote:
What I'm getting at is that stupid warranty they try to sell you is for suckers!Of course you probably bought it sucker!
I think you touch yourself too much.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#33 Apr 7, 2013
Some people like the comfort of the optional warranty. Me personally I have never purchased it...but I have also never dropped my phone...probably will tomorrow just for saying that.
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#34 Apr 7, 2013
Marty Peppershorts did your mommy put pepper in your shorts from excessive playing?

Level 8

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Apr 7, 2013
phoneguy wrote:
Marty Peppershorts did your mommy put pepper in your shorts from excessive playing?
Wow original. Imbecile.
hank hill

Chicago, IL

#36 Apr 7, 2013
phoneguy wrote:
As far as knock off accessories voiding your warranty try bringing back a phone
to verizon using a apple cord and having them say "oh must've dropped it
Did you buy our stupid warranty that cost 240.00 over a 2 year period and then you pay us a 50.00 deductable and we will give a refurbished phone that is 2 years old anyway....oops your bad you shouldve bought the plan that covers accidental damage cause the phone cord is not at fault!...
isn't it $80 now through ins?
Good luck

Manlius, NY

#37 Apr 21, 2013
Go ahead and buy your phone at Walmart from someone who sold tires or paint the day before...or better yet pushed the carts in! Good luck when your next bill is double what it's supposed to be because they put you on the wrong plan. Good luck when you break your phone and are sol because they "forgot" to add the insurance you asked for.

Good luck buying your phone from the new store in front of Lowe's North Utica... It's not corporate, it's a reseller. All those employees including the store manager got fired from the corporate Verizon stores for breaking policies and unethical behaviors!
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#38 Apr 21, 2013
Hey Verizon employee I guess you are sharing all your opps sorry customer,I made 2 contracts instead of 1 Family plan,I changed it though but you have to wait till the first billing cycle and come back to make sure its correct...(thanks for the double commision,Verizon won't take it back from me so why not do this as much as I can!)
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#39 Apr 21, 2013
Walmart worker,...Open box,plug in charger,download Backup Assistant,here's your receipt with your plan on it and the Verizon CS number #611,call them if you have any questions!....Verizon Phone buyer,..Why
Thanks!That was easy you guys saved me $100.00 on this phone!I asked the idiot at the Verizon store to match your price and started to roll off some stupid jiberish,all nonsense!..You get the personalized attention when you buy from us!I will personally download Backup Assistant for you,but it's still going to be $100.00 more than Walmart Best Buy or Target.And we have the best accessories you can buy and tack on to our commission for suckers like you,we have the Verizon exclusive platnium ,screen protector sticker only for 20.00 when you buy from us!
LiveFromMomsBase ment

Syracuse, NY

#40 Apr 22, 2013
Shouldn't the title of this be "Try cell phones at Verizon, Don't Die There!" (for those of you with short memories, a few years ago there was an elderly man who brandished a gun while complaining about his bill and was shot dead by an off-duty policeman who was there at the moment)
hank hill

Hebron, IL

#41 Apr 22, 2013
LiveFromMomsBasement wrote:
Shouldn't the title of this be "Try cell phones at Verizon, Don't Die There!" (for those of you with short memories, a few years ago there was an elderly man who brandished a gun while complaining about his bill and was shot dead by an off-duty policeman who was there at the moment)
ummm, wasnt that at at&t or sprint? Pretty sure it wasn't verizon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank You 20 min Anti-Military 3
Walleyes (May '13) 39 min Ed R 16
News New ownership for Doyle Building in Utica 44 min Congrats to the b... 1
News 2 Utica teens on bicycles accused of forcibly s... 50 min crickets 1
Cheaters 59 min Lonely CB 41
David Smith 1 hr Posting is fun 3
Stay Tuned 1 hr King Andrew Cuomo 1
Pat Collea Poo-Pooed??? 2 hr Depends 8
fatazz in walmart on 5/28/16 at 10:00am 15 hr REally 20
Michele Gulla ? 15 hr Big Mouth 38