Try phones at Verizon store,don't buy...

Try phones at Verizon store,don't buy there!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#1 Apr 6, 2013
Go try all the phones you want at the Verizon store then go buy it at Walmart,Target,Best Buy for 50 to 100 cheaper or in some cases FREE.And ttell them that at the Verizon Store,they have no come back.No stupid Rebates either!..I walk in there and I feel like i'm on a car lot.

on a car lot.There
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#2 Apr 6, 2013
This goes for both Upgrades and New Customers!..I said $100.00 cheaper!
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#3 Apr 6, 2013
Wirefly.com , letstalk.com ..no tax free shipping,no activation fees!..screw Verizon they take enough of our money!
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#4 Apr 6, 2013
Just hope that you don't have a problem with the phone. Verizon may not help you.
Pleasure Kevin

Ithaca, NY

#5 Apr 6, 2013
Who has the cheapest iPhone 5? I really should upgrade from the 4.
Blondie

Utica, NY

#6 Apr 6, 2013
Pleasure Kevin wrote:
Who has the cheapest iPhone 5? I really should upgrade from the 4.
I phone 5 Nothing so special. You have to but all new cords for it. Personally I'm kinda sorry I did
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#7 Apr 6, 2013
Pleasure Kevin wrote:
Who has the cheapest iPhone 5? I really should upgrade from the 4.
Keep in mind if you have an unlimited data plan with verizon you will have to pay full retail for the phone or you will lose that. I think it was 699.
Pleasure Kevin

Ithaca, NY

#8 Apr 6, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind if you have an unlimited data plan with verizon you will have to pay full retail for the phone or you will lose that. I think it was 699.
Yeah, I made the mistake of losing mine and now i'm on 2GB. Oh well, I rarely use more than 1/4 of it anyway.
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#9 Apr 6, 2013
Just make sure your on wifi when you get home,most phones switch automatically just have to set it up.As far as the unlimited plan even listening to pandora in the car for an hour I use not even a gig.If you buy elsewhere Verizon will help you.All phones have 1 year warranty no matter where you buy.
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#10 Apr 6, 2013
Blondie wrote:
<quoted text>I phone 5 Nothing so special. You have to but all new cords for it. Personally I'm kinda sorry I did
They sell a 30 pin lightning converter that switches to the iphone plug,5.99 on ebay,verizon store probably 30.00
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#11 Apr 6, 2013
Not many people know but that Five Below store in New Hartford sells all kinds of Cellphone accessories for$5.00....Don't buy it at verizon for $50.00....Especially those stupid screen protectors that are stickers that sometime sell for $20.00.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#12 Apr 6, 2013
phoneguy wrote:
<quoted text>
They sell a 30 pin lightning converter that switches to the iphone plug,5.99 on ebay,verizon store probably 30.00
I wouldn't buy any of that knockoff crap from eBay or amazon.
phoneguy

Little Falls, NY

#13 Apr 6, 2013
Its all made in CHINA....doesn't matter where you buy it from,or who makes it.
Blondie

Utica, NY

#14 Apr 6, 2013
phoneguy wrote:
<quoted text>They sell a 30 pin lightning converter that switches to the iphone plug,5.99 on ebay,verizon store probably 30.00
Thank you! That was useful 411

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Apr 6, 2013
The only case Verizon sells that is 50.00 or more is an otter box or a life proof.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#16 Apr 6, 2013
phoneguy wrote:
Its all made in CHINA....doesn't matter where you buy it from,or who makes it.
You have seen the knock off iPhones that are made? Those are made in china too. Same as a real iPhone correct? Again I wouldn't recommend plugging your phone, tablet, computer into any of that cheap crap sold in the malls, eBay, or amazon. Buy OEM.
Use Em

United States

#17 Apr 6, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
You have seen the knock off iPhones that are made? Those are made in china too. Same as a real iPhone correct? Again I wouldn't recommend plugging your phone, tablet, computer into any of that cheap crap sold in the malls, eBay, or amazon. Buy OEM.
I've gotten replacement plugs and they work just fine. And why would you pay ridiculous prices for OEM stuff like iPad's cover or cases, skins, etc.?
Pleasure Kevin

Ithaca, NY

#18 Apr 6, 2013
If I use an Apple or Verizon product, I actually have an argument if their equipment breaks my phone. Try that with some faceless Chinese conglomerate.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#19 Apr 6, 2013
Use Em wrote:
<quoted text>
I've gotten replacement plugs and they work just fine. And why would you pay ridiculous prices for OEM stuff like iPad's cover or cases, skins, etc.?
I just would never pay anything for bootleg electronic crap. Also the covers and cases have a warranty, the cheap stuff doesn't.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#20 Apr 6, 2013
Pleasure Kevin wrote:
If I use an Apple or Verizon product, I actually have an argument if their equipment breaks my phone. Try that with some faceless Chinese conglomerate.
Exactly. Those kiosks and knockoff stores in the mall, things on eBay or amazon are garbage. You buy an ipad or iPhone you wouldn't want a knock off or any of the accessories that come with it to be knock offs either...so why would anyone want to buy that garbage after the initial purchase?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jreck subs coming to yorkville 11 min Jreck and the bea... 12
Sam wessing 19 min Giggidy 26
Clifford gas prices/ripoff 24 min Clifford 2
The Steak & Pickle Restaurant 31 min Uh huh 7
Whitesboro police 36 min Anonymous 16
kristen drama queen copeland (Sep '14) 37 min Uh huh 22
PBA stickers in car windows 45 min Occifer 5
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 1 hr Ilion 234
Valley View 8 hr I'm pretty sure 25
Biggest RAT in ufd 8 hr birnie 26

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages