No more Mannys
Cheesecake

Agawam, MA

#1 Feb 2, 2014
Where is the best place to buy a good cheesecake??
Cheesy

Tully, NY

#2 Feb 2, 2014
Just desserts on bank place. Joe leone makes the best!
UticanKnows

Ithaca, NY

#3 Feb 3, 2014
You can still get a Mannys Cheesecake, go to there Facebook page. I got 2 for Christmas and another one last week. They have plans to re-open, they told me. All info on there Facebook page. Tasted better than ever too.
cheesecake

Slate Hill, NY

#5 Feb 3, 2014
UticanKnows wrote:
You can still get a Mannys Cheesecake, go to there Facebook page. I got 2 for Christmas and another one last week. They have plans to re-open, they told me. All info on there Facebook page. Tasted better than ever too.
thank you so much our last Mannys cheesecake was the night before it burned, my husband got me one for my birthday.
hmpf

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 3, 2014
They should be forced to repay the city for the demolition of their dumpy eyesore on the parkway that they let rot for over a year. They are no better than slumlords that abandon property after it is worthless and the taxpayers have to pay to the rotting holes.
Try

Utica, NY

#7 Feb 3, 2014
Cheesecake wrote:
Where is the best place to buy a good cheesecake??
Slice uptown utica
Frank

Ithaca, NY

#8 Feb 3, 2014
hmpf wrote:
They should be forced to repay the city for the demolition of their dumpy eyesore on the parkway that they let rot for over a year. They are no better than slumlords that abandon property after it is worthless and the taxpayers have to pay to the rotting holes.
Lets get facts correct, it sat for 4 months and there was a legal issue with the State of NY. City has been compensated too. Owner said a new Mannys will open outside of Utica because of the Mayors corrupt ways of treating people. State was ready to help loan and rebuild at same location but city was nasty. Oh well, I guess Utica doesn't need any business's these days since they are doing so well.
Nope

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 3, 2014
Fat uticans can't get their cheesecake. Oh well. Go chow down a tub of butter, it will taste better anyway.
gerod

Utica, NY

#10 Feb 3, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Lets get facts correct, it sat for 4 months and there was a legal issue with the State of NY. City has been compensated too. Owner said a new Mannys will open outside of Utica because of the Mayors corrupt ways of treating people. State was ready to help loan and rebuild at same location but city was nasty. Oh well, I guess Utica doesn't need any business's these days since they are doing so well.
That rotting mess sat there for a whole lot longer than four months, Clyde. I had to drive by it four times a day. Any property owner in the city of Utica is given 30 days to demolish and clean up their property after a fire. The notice is sent in writing so there is no question. Manny was inexcusably delinquent. The city was never paid. Manny left a health and safety hazard looming at a busy intersection for too long. The taxpayers footed the bill. Get your own damn facts straight. Good riddance to him and to his dumpy, burned out hole. Manny was/is just as much a corrupt scoundrel as those in city government.
gerod

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 3, 2014
There was no legal issue with the State of New York. They do not involve themselves with city fires on private property, you jackass. Manny had no fire insurance.
Frank

Ithaca, NY

#13 Feb 3, 2014
Burned September and cleared January, last I checked, that equals 4 months.
Truth

Clinton, NY

#14 Feb 3, 2014
The Manny's fire was on August 25th. 2011 and the building was not demolished until January 20, 2012...

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Demolition-beg...

Also on February 6, 2013:
"state Supreme Justice Bernadette T. Clark awarded the city $93,007.08 against Richard Alpert and his company, TJX Parkway, LLC to cover the cost of demolishing the former Manny’s Cheesecake building at Oneida and Pleasant streets – destroyed by fire Aug. 25, 2011. Mayor Robert Palmieri ordered that the city demolish it after Alpert failed to do so. The city will file the judgment at the Oneida County Office Building to place a lien against any real property Alpert owns. Utica taxpayers should not have to subsidize delinquent property owners, who must be held accountable. "

Read more: http://www.uticaod.com/article/20130215/News/...
Awesome

Ithaca, NY

#15 Feb 3, 2014
Just got a Mannys cheesecake today, great.
Hey

Malone, NY

#16 May 10, 2014
How do I get a cheesecake from mannys ? I went to the Facebook page and the number they have on there is not in service, Anyone have the number ?

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica is on its way back and it's upsetting you... 1 min Won and done 1
Monkeys 3 min marlin p 5
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 27 min Seek Help 10
Giuseppe's 41 min Joe 4
Landmarc Building rebirth brings 31 homes to Do... (Oct '14) 45 min Utican 17
Utica Awake They Are Here and they want your ch... 1 hr Square and Circles 1
Utica schools off struggling list....lol 1 hr Eat Shyt Dave 25

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance